NEWS

Battletech forums

• 19 Replies

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« on: <01-22-11/0518:06> »
Hey, I know some of us here also are on the BT forums. I just tried to check them out and got a notice about a security breach of massive proportions. Anyone have any info about it?
Bringing chaos, mayhem, and occasionally cookies to the Sixth World since 2052!

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-22-11/1016:11> »
Hey, I know some of us here also are on the BT forums. I just tried to check them out and got a notice about a security breach of massive proportions. Anyone have any info about it?

There was a big security breach. How big of a breach, we're not going to tell you. /Monty Python

Sorry, I was in the mood for some MP. It's pretty much what it says on the forum page. Site got hit, and it got hit hard. Can't say if more details will be released, but if I were a betting man I would assume that I'm not going to get everything back.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Dread Moores

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <01-23-11/0118:42> »
I realize it'll be a while as things get fixed, but mind dropping any info you do get, Mr. Smith? An ETA or anything like that?

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-23-11/0834:11> »
I realize it'll be a while as things get fixed, but mind dropping any info you do get, Mr. Smith? An ETA or anything like that?

I doubt I'll get any good updates on when it'll be ready. What I'm expecting is a quiet heads-up that the new board is ready but the link is unpublished, early enough to set up my account before the rush. As of right now, haven't heard anything.
Power corrupts.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015

Usda Beph

• Omae
  • aka Black Angus
« Reply #4 on: <01-25-11/1225:13> »
Well thankfully BattleCorps wasn't affected by this! Or is it back up already?
Yeah, I'm A Minotaur! You Gotta Beef with that?
I'm a Minotaur not a bully!
I studied at the Rocky Mountain Culinary School.I specialized in Seafood.
My Dad worked out of el Toro In New Mexico.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-25-11/1530:43> »
Well thankfully BattleCorps wasn't affected by this! Or is it back up already?

BattleCorps is completely different.
Power corrupts.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #6 on: <01-25-11/2329:26> »
I doubt I'll get any good updates on when it'll be ready. What I'm expecting is a quiet heads-up that the new board is ready but the link is unpublished, early enough to set up my account before the rush. As of right now, haven't heard anything.

And I didn't even get that.

Nice.
Power corrupts.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #7 on: <01-26-11/1032:34> »
Well, I just registered....shame, I had almost 10K posts and had the "Rank" of Lt Colonel...ah well.

"Just because it's easy for you doesn't mean it can't be hard on your clients"-Rule 38, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries, Schlock Mercenary.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <01-26-11/1143:01> »
Well, I mostly lurk there, so the re-registering meant I could rethink my handle. So, instead of Ravenheart, I went with Dr. Banzai.

Mystic

• Freelancer
  • Omae
  • Word Mercenary
« Reply #9 on: <01-26-11/1220:32> »
Well, I'm not ranting about it, but it was nice to see something for all the time I put in. And I admit, I spend more time here than I did there. Still, I like to keep up with things, especially all things Raveny and the forums were the best way to get info.

Kid Chameleon

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #10 on: <01-26-11/1304:40> »

And I didn't even get that.

Nice.

How the mighty have fallen.

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-26-11/1635:02> »

Now that I have your address I might leave something mighty at your front door.
Power corrupts.

Kid Chameleon

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #12 on: <01-30-11/2033:43> »

Now that I have your address I might leave something mighty at your front door.

Elsa will make a present for you.

Outrider45

« Reply #13 on: <01-30-11/2145:49> »
Well, I mostly lurk there, so the re-registering meant I could rethink my handle. So, instead of Ravenheart, I went with Dr. Banzai.

Oh no. Not this again.   ::)

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #14 on: <01-31-11/0850:04> »

Oh no. Not this again.   ::)
Team Banzai shall rise again!!