NEWS

Technomancer Machinist - good rulings/houserules? [SR5]

• 2 Replies

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« on: <08-10-20/1455:44> »
Hoi Chummers,

This thread is about houserules- or rulings for the technomancer stream " Machinist" in Kill code [SR5].

As it stands I couldnt find any errata concerning this stream ( I did find a Lot of questions, but few suggestions/answers).

First of All the stream has 3 bonuses. 1. A bonus concerning fade and Sprites: No problems here. 2. Daemon and RCC... The Main topic here. And lastly a complex form.

Daemon Bonus: This consists of several things, of which there are multiple questions.
- Their living persona functions like an RCC, except for joining/forming a WAN.

1. First we look at the functions of an RCC. -. functions like a commlink, so it can store data, record trideo, etc. I presume none of that to be true for the technomancer.
2. Secondly the RCC allows you to compensate for noise with a ew+log [DP] test I presume This to be correct for the technomancer
3. It also allows you to Jump from drone to drone, and to command Them All more easily I presume This to be true as well
4. As  a commlink IT can also form a PAN True as well, but see below.

5. the technomancers daemon says her daemon cant form/join a WAN. an RCC also cant form a WAN, only hosts can do that, they should have omitted the "form" part.

6. Their Daemon RCC has a noise reduction of WILL and a sharing rating of CHARISMA.  Im unsure og why IT has a limit on sharing rating at All? I mean you can get 1 new program/autosoft Per SUBMERGING! I dont think anyone would submerge 5-7 times and use IT All on cyberprograms and autosofts

7. Lastly they may also pick autosofts as in addition to just cyberprograms as an echo. As most have noticed, it doesnt say at what rating the autosoft is functioning.

So, I would like some nice rules that adresses the above issues in orange and red. Here are my initial thoughts.
1. Yeah, TM dont gain trideo, and filestoring etc.
5. Yeah, neither the RCC or Daemon can form a WAN, the Daemon cant join one either.
6. The TM keeps his bonusses from WILL and CHA, but see below
7. Whenever a TM picks an Autosoft it can function to Up to his resonance rating (yes, This means the autosoft can go above 6, but as vehicles cant gain additional benefits from an Autosoft higher than their pilot rating, IT doesnt matter anyway).
A TM doesnt gain autosofts as an echo, instead he may buy them at 2 karma Per Autosoft.  (Yes a CRAZY price reduction going from for instance 13/16/19 karma to just 2/2/2 is alot. ..and yet its more expensive than mundane riggers  buying autosofts).

So that was the Daemon part :) do you have any suggestions? Or do you see any crazy pitfalls? Like autosofts being totally crazy overpowered etc.

I suppose the LOTO is ok ?

« Last Edit: <08-10-20/1502:12> by DigitalZombie »

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-10-20/1508:29> »
Keep 1,5 and 6.

As for 7 and 'below': Instead make each autosoft into a complex form. Net hits when threading it = rating.

DigitalZombie

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-11-20/1420:27> »
Hhmm thats definetly a possibility.
Although Im a bit concerned with the sustaining penalty- I guess there would be no reason to have it capped at CHA then.

While having it as complex forms fits much better into the TM stuff, compared to make it 2 karma. I still think the price is somewhat high- and while I know its a bit like comparing oranges and apples- but the autosofts a mundane riggers buys are alot cheaper.

What about something like this?

(Insert fancy  name) complex form  sustained drain L+-X?
Target 1 vehicle or living RCC stuff

Choose any available autosoft and roll software+ resonance [level] the autosoft functions at that level. The TM can thread mutliple of these.

So that means the TM still has to buy a complwx form, BUT it has the ability to mimic ANY autosofts on the market. And the technomancer can thread like 4-5 different autosofts. ( with some sustaining penalties and still limited by CHA).

Edit: or just have the TM gain a free autosoft for each submerging grade he has. Skip the charisma limit and have the autosoft rating function at up to his resonance score ( its still limited by the pilot rating of the vehicles).

Edit edit: have the program always work at rating 6. As RCC may share programs of a higher rating than the vehicles pilot software.

« Last Edit: <08-24-20/1106:15> by DigitalZombie »