Running Silent and Matrix Perception

• 3 Replies

Pap Renvela

• Omae
« on: <03-26-17/2312:11> »
So we're doing a run vs a military installation

I'm the primary combat decker.

I assume the host will be hidden.

So I started thinking it's LOG+Electronics-Noise vs Defense assuming no other modifiers to spot it.

However, I got to thinking- there's no matrix perception rules in Anarchy per se.
Is it an oversight which my roll would solve.
Or something like spotting a hidden host is supposed to just be narrated out without dice rolls?

How would you guys handle it?

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <03-27-17/0227:14> »
Most Matrix actions are going to be Hacking + LOG Tests.

Electronics + LOG Tests are used mostly for physical electronics (wires and chips, etc).

Perception tests are LOG + WIL. I take this to mean Matrix Perception and Astral Perception as well.
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com

manchuwook

• Newb
  • DO EET!
« Reply #2 on: <03-27-17/0832:24> »
I thought that Hosts aren't a physical thing at all and they are purely matrix constructs.  However, physical devices can slave to a Host in order to share data and have IC protection.  So you wouldn't be detecting the host, but terminals/commlinks/sensors connected to the host.  To do that, you do a Snoop action and use Electronic Warfare + Intuition vs Logic + Firewall.  Now, to go in the other direction: If you're on a host and you want to find a physical device (e.g. slaved camera, terminal, commlink), it would require a Trace Icon action using Computer + Intuition vs. Willpower + Sleaze.
« Last Edit: <03-27-17/0841:00> by manchuwook »

Gingivitis

• Errata Team
  • Omae
« Reply #3 on: <03-27-17/1235:54> »
This is talking about Shadowrun: Anarchy.  It's way easier than that.

It's going to be some Hacking test or Perception test with a difficulty set by the GM.  Personally I prefer a perception test.
Shadowrun: Anarchy Resources (GM Screens, Character Sheets, New NPCs, House Rules) at: www.surprisethreat.com