NEWS

The Division

• 53 Replies

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #30 on: <03-10-16/2336:22> »
The Mighty Jingles just released a video on The Division on his youtube channel.

Have to say, not what I was expecting..... but still interesting. May just have to find some time to try it out...

I'll go check that out! I love his videos, and I found out about a couple games (Warthunder and Armored Warfare) from watching his Youtube channel.

lol same :P
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #31 on: <03-11-16/0619:54> »
Love this game so far. I'm almost ready to enter the danger dark zone.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <03-11-16/0749:59> »
God, I'm done playing missions at Hard. You go in with 4, by the time you reach the end everyone but 1 guy has dropped off, you die over and over trying to push past the last checkpoint, takes 2 hours to finish a mission you can't leave and finish later. So frustrated.

My advice: if you're playing with public matchmaking, and not a bunch of people you actually know and trust will stick around, don't do mission on hard.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <03-11-16/0822:53> »
One thing I forgot to mention: If your computer doesn't meet the minimum specs, in ALL areas, it's going to be rough. I thought mine did, but my processor is below the minimum recommended processors. It's never been an issue on any other game out there, including some rather intensive ones, but this game laughs at my puny processing power. For me that means that new areas take a long time (several minutes usually) to load, often giving me invisible walls until new areas load. NPCs also load last, and usually a few minutes after everything else has loaded: If I get spotted by them before they load in, I can't touch them even with explosions (although it's been reported that melee attacks may work), while they can kill me with impunity. On the plus side, it's the kick in the pants I needed to upgrade my computer after several years!  ;D

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-11-16/1335:29> »
yep.

Hit lvl 11, and just about to go into the Dark Zones as well...

So far, I am liking the storyline they have inbedded....

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #35 on: <03-11-16/2334:31> »
I held out until 30 with all the upgrades before entering the Dark Zone. I feel that works best for me with my meticulously reckless playstyle.
la vida no vale nada

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #36 on: <03-14-16/1856:39> »
I'm enjoying the game with a pair of friends of mine. We are aiming for being lvl 15ish before dipping our toes in the piranha pool that is DZ
But the PvE side of things is great. I particularly love picking up cellphones. Some of them have me laughing. They are well then. I especially like the one I found with what in the beginning starts like a pair of rapists but turns out to be a pair of plumbers
« Last Edit: <03-14-16/1858:50> by PiXeL01 »
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #37 on: <03-14-16/1956:18> »
Hit lvl 30 and rank 33DZ

Some things I have a issue with..

The whole tap, hold, dbl tap HAS TO DIE IN FUCKING PIT OF FIRE!!! way, way, waaaaaaay too often the game fucks up and screws you with this system. Case in point, the healing probe. If you click once it give you a ranged heal. Click twice it heals you..... I have died 10000000000 fucking times because I want to myself, yet it ONLY gives me the ranged heal AND WILL NOT FUCKING CANCEL!!! (Supposed to right click.... yea, NOPE!!!!)

Cover system.... spent 5 minutes glued to a truck just fucking circling it cause I COULD NOT break cover, no matter what button I pushed or direction I moved in. CRTL-ALT-DEL fixed it once.... but have been stuck circling cover too many times to count..... ESPECIALLY fun when you are trying to avoid a grenade and want to dive away..... so I just end up diving INTO the cover and eating a nade..... #/#$^$#^&/#@/&**^$@@$&**^$-@@/&*(&/#$&** !!!! <Not fit for publication, even here>

The  loot system... press once to pick up..... unless there is an item.... then you have to hold.... unless there is 2+, then you have to press, then hold...... WTF?????  JUST PICKUP THE FUCKIN STUFF!!!!!!!

●●●●

But that is about it, and for being a really new online game, if that is the list of my issues, they have done a good job!

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #38 on: <03-14-16/2119:35> »
I'm not a fan of the cover system either. Sometimes when I want to flee from especially grenades I stay glued to my cover (except when spamming X for dodging) other times it suddenly just released you usually just in time for a headshot. Personally I would have preferred a crouching button instead of this glueing but oh well.

Other than that I haven't really encountered any issues on the ps4
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-14-16/2330:08> »

Cover system.... spent 5 minutes glued to a truck just fucking circling it cause I COULD NOT break cover, no matter what button I pushed or direction I moved in. CRTL-ALT-DEL fixed it once.... but have been stuck circling cover too many times to count..... ESPECIALLY fun when you are trying to avoid a grenade and want to dive away..... so I just end up diving INTO the cover and eating a nade..... #/#$^$#^&/#@/&**^$@@$&**^$-@@/&*(&/#$&** !!!! <Not fit for publication, even here>

The  loot system... press once to pick up..... unless there is an item.... then you have to hold.... unless there is 2+, then you have to press, then hold...... WTF? ??? ?  JUST PICKUP THE FUCKIN STUFF!!!!!!!

Yeah, those two have annoyed me, but mostly the cover system; I was trying to get the doctor to start up the base, and was teamed with someone else. They had to wait a few times because it wouldn't let me unstick myself from cover. >:(

I finally turned on the parkour system to help with this; hopefully trying to sprint will at least allow me to advance from cover.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #40 on: <03-15-16/0024:02> »
I've noticed the cover thing recently too. Also more and more rogue agents in the DZ. I used to have a nice solo route through it but it has gotten dangerous.

I wish there was a suicide bomb button for when you know you can't win and want to give a middle finger to the enemy. Maybe make it DZ only.
la vida no vale nada

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-15-16/1155:13> »
I've noticed the cover thing recently too. Also more and more rogue agents in the DZ. I used to have a nice solo route through it but it has gotten dangerous.

I wish there was a suicide bomb button for when you know you can't win and want to give a middle finger to the enemy. Maybe make it DZ only.

there is.

your turret perk, it can be upgraded to explode on death.. and since you can kill it on set-up..... you place AND blow it up in the same go.... and it hurts/kills you. (It has killed ME a few times....)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <03-20-16/0817:10> »
Finally got a new power supply in my brand new computer that can power everything except the DVD player/burner, and I'm loving it now! Messed up just a bit by getting the Medical Wing up and running instead of going for the Security Wing first for the extra XP boost. Right now my weapon load-out is 1)L85 IW w/ sight, forward angled grip, and extended mag mods, 2)M21 (drops from the Security Wing mission boss) w/ the scope it comes with, and suppressor, and 3)the sawed-off, double barrel shotgun that comes with the Season pass. The sniper rifle has come in handy for keeping the Cleaners at a distance, either via headshots or (my favorite) shooting their fuel tanks and turning them into human bombs. I'm leery of going into the DZ, but I'm only level 7ish, so it will be awhile yet.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <03-20-16/1549:49> »
Amazing how fast the game turns around...

Lvl 30, Rank 51.

Me and a buddy do "Pistols and shields" hardmodes just for the fun of it....
And we have Consulate 3 man challenge mode locked down pat.

A week ago, just getting a group to finish a hardmode was impossible :P

Hope the incursions open up soon as the DZ is getting old fast.

Backgammon

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #44 on: <03-21-16/1100:30> »
Yeah, last week I made level 20 to 30. Now I finished all the missions. Over the weekend I did some DZ action.

I gotta say, this game is done. The DZ stuff is not really interesting. Get more gear, is that all? What's the point? The PvP isn't something you seriously do either. Doing missions on Hard has some interest, it's certainly some solid, hairy gameplay, but without a story to drive me forward, I don't see the point. I know many gamers will be into that, but it's not for me. I need a story.

So... yep. Next to the Syndicate reboot they did a few years ago, this gets the award for shortest game.

I'm not disappointed by what it was while there was something there, but I'm obviously disappointed by the lifespan of this game.
My Shadowrun Pinterest collections: Landscape and Characters
My Shadowrun works