NEWS

Heavily armored PC needs a little humbling.

• 130 Replies

GiraffeShaman

• Omae
  • Devourer of Salads
« Reply #30 on: <03-18-13/1607:48> »
Remember that Shadowrun is a game about penetrating security systems, The most lucrative shadowruns target the rich and the corporate, and these people know there are metal psychopaths like this out there. If the goal is to break into places, rather than compare who has the biggest gun, then this type of character becomes a liability to the team.

It sounds like you just want to have fun with it though. Just remember not to crush the rest of the team in the crossfire if that's the case.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #31 on: <03-18-13/1737:20> »
Remember that Shadowrun is a game about penetrating security systems, The most lucrative shadowruns target the rich and the corporate, and these people know there are metal psychopaths like this out there. If the goal is to break into places, rather than compare who has the biggest gun, then this type of character becomes a liability to the team.

It sounds like you just want to have fun with it though. Just remember not to crush the rest of the team in the crossfire if that's the case.
Which is why most of my suggestions aren't TPK material. Though if I was being evil, I'd have a few of their runs be against S-K. And then have Hans Brackhaus offer them a job to raid a facility under Cheyenne Mountain near Denver.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <03-18-13/1817:21> »

Which is why most of my suggestions aren't TPK material. Though if I was being evil, I'd have a few of their runs be against S-K. And then have Hans Brackhaus offer them a job to raid a facility under Cheyenne Mountain near Denver.

If I hear "break into" and "Cheyenne Mountain" regarding the same run, I'm walking on that meet...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #33 on: <03-18-13/1821:05> »

If I hear "break into" and "Cheyenne Mountain" regarding the same run, I'm walking on that meet...
See, the trick is seeing who knows enough about Brackhaus to know who he is/works for, and even more to see who actually knows what the Cheyenne Mountain used to be, and what it is now.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <03-18-13/1832:54> »

See, the trick is seeing who knows enough about Brackhaus to know who he is/works for, and even more to see who actually knows what the Cheyenne Mountain used to be, and what it is now.

I just know that my first thought would be to grab your phone book and smack the GM with it several times...possibly call a rehab hospital so he could get off the crack.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

nmap

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <03-18-13/1938:26> »
It's better than "break out of" and "Cheyenne Mountain" in one run. And by run, I mean runing away.

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <03-19-13/1552:45> »
Make him develop Astral Hazing next time he gets hit with a hard spell. Or maybe add some Advanced Lifestyle stuff to his house, like Gremlins rank 2. When his gun vanishes.....
And also, who's to say that a bus wasn't HIRED to crash into him?

Belker

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
  • The Butcher
« Reply #37 on: <03-19-13/2336:35> »
If he's got that much chrome, borrow a leaf from Daniel Keys Moran (either Emerald Eyes or The Long Run). He's not going to handle either deep water or heights well....
"Dog says to always wear your seatbelts, kiddies."
Missions Freelancer (CMP 2015 - The Tennessee Suite 1-4)

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <03-20-13/0210:08> »
Wild sprite or a feral AI would play havoc with someone who has that much cyber too and it would be a good plot hook to try and find a sufficiently strong enough technomancer or hacker to get rid of it.... Or have a recurring enemy who has enough pull to get a electron magnet to hook him a few metres up in the air
Its not the victors who write the history books, its the suvivors

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <03-20-13/0250:46> »
If it's a wild sprite, do be aware that only a technomancer can deal with it permanently, and even then only through Decompiling.  Crashing the sprite would only make it go away for (16-rating) days.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <03-20-13/0506:28> »
Well that's a chance you accept when ya load up on that much ware, I've been in that situation myself (mind you it was simply a case of not being able to avoid all the lead that got thrown my characters way, rather than loading up at the start).... And as I stated that would be great way to get into an adventure that doesn't involved just shooting people in the face for money.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <03-20-13/0547:38> »
It would, but it's just one of those things a GM needs to be aware of before hitting the group with a wild sprite.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Hellion

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <03-20-13/0557:57> »
Apologies RHat I misunderstood what you were getting at

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <03-20-13/0609:18> »
Apologies RHat I misunderstood what you were getting at

Fair enough.  If you haven't been around here for a little while, you might not be aware of just what the general opinion is on Decompiling and Banishing (specifically, that they're basically worthless).  Given that Decompiling is trained only, it's a warning that should be offered because if there is a technomancer PC in the group, they may well have chosen to ignore that skill.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <03-20-13/0642:39> »
Always a drop a point into it, if for nothing else than flavor. It's hard for me to imagine a Mage or TM that knows nothing about how to undo what they created. You can't put that much study into how to do something without learning at least a few tricks to cause that something to fail on the fly.