NEWS

[SDS OOC] Agri-Vation

• 308 Replies

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #30 on: <11-11-15/1728:56> »
Yeah, beta, orokos is not the kindest dice roller, but it keeps a log we can link to.

Anyway, most of the dead look like wageslaves, but a few look like mall cop level corpsec.

It doesn't match the MO of any one you can think of.

That said, Triads do a lot around Tacoma, but the docks there are popular for every one.

Anyone making assist on negotiation can queue up rolls now.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #31 on: <11-11-15/1741:57> »
Assist negotiation:  9 dice pool -1 (stun) negotiate: 8d6t5 2

Added an IC post supporting this.  Some of the stuff Forty says in there don't actually make a lot of sense, but not all negotiation is the cool, rational, kind.

ETA: just tweaked her narration, to make it a bit clearer what she was doing.
« Last Edit: <11-12-15/1354:18> by Beta »

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #32 on: <11-11-15/1952:30> »
teamwork negotiation roll: Negotiation teamwork: 6d6t5 3 hits / +1 from wireless bonus of Berwick Suit

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <11-11-15/2022:07> »
Also rolling to see if I can place anything from the images to what I know about gang, terrorist, corporate, etc. MOs to figure a place to start looking, assuming we take the job.

Perception (visual) to pick out anything odd or telling about the scene: Perception Test: 15d6t5 10 (8) hits / +1 from attention co-processor wireless and +2 from visual specialization // limit: 8 = mental (7) + attention coprocessor (1)

Knowledge roll about current events in the shadow world: Knowledge shadow news: 10d6t5 5 hits / +2 from news specialization // limit: 7

Knowledge roll about modus operandi for known criminal orginazations: Knowledge underworld: 6d6t5 3 hits/ no plusses // limit: 7

Results of these plus those of my previous post will be worked into my next narrative in the IC thread.

Edit: I forgot the extra dice from my perceptive 2 PQ, but I already beat my limit and I am not using edge.... so not going to bother adding those dice.
« Last Edit: <11-11-15/2025:29> by Turkish »

obidancer

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <11-12-15/0122:57> »
Used the teamwork test from Forty and Vanguard to reach the limit.
Negotiation (Cha 6+Influence 4+Street Cred 2+Teamwork 4[limit]) 16: 16d6t5 3 
Rick Deckard - Circles of Fate
Kachina - Shaking the Shadows

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #35 on: <11-12-15/1347:15> »
VanGuard is going to instruct his Fly-Spy that is over his shoulder to scan there area, using its MAD and Cyberware scanners, focusing on the 6 other people and to overlay any hits in his image link on the people.  He is primarily concerned with anything that might cause him harm.  He is connected to his RCC via DNI, fyi.  VanGuard also instructs his PAN to turn off all wireless functionality of his external gear: smartgun systems, Berwick Suit, etc; augmentation wireless functionality will remain on.

Fly-Spy perception roll: Fly spy 3 perception check: 9d6t5 3 hits / limit: 3 (sensor rating: 3)

Perception test to identify potential places of cover to run/dive to if needed (I am hoping that it is not going to come to that): Perception Test: 17d6t5 3 hits / limit: 10
dice pool & limit modifiers:
  • Attention Co-Processor: +1 DP (wireless) / +1 limit
  • Perceptive PQ R2: +2 DP
  • Vision Enhancement R2: +2 DP (wireless) / +2 limit

And finally, a pre-emptive ettiquette roll incase things do escalate to try and prevent things from devolving into violence: Ettiquette roll: 5d6t5 2 / limit: 5 - +1 limit from Berwick Suit. Edit: this should probably be a negotiation roll on second thought, but the dice pool is the same.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <11-12-15/1816:31> »
VanGuard doesn't notice anything that looks dangeorus.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <11-12-15/1930:41> »
entirely OOC:  and that was with 2 successes on the teamwork test, imagine if she had glitched?

But more seriously, I'll tone her down, I've been having fun writing her this way, but it is disruptive to smooth running of things.  She'll still be Forty, she'll just learn a little bit from this experience.

But there is one thing to get through first:  Lucien just insulted her, she's a Thunderbird shaman, and while she has 12 dice to meet a threshold of 3 to resist responding in kind, Orokos hasn't been kind so far.   Actually, speaking of, I guess it is 11 dice, due to the stun damage.  I will presently roll that and figure out if she will be the quickest self-destructing character in SdS, but I have to jump on a call now.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <11-12-15/1940:19> »
I look forward to seeing the results!

Turkish

• Chummer
« Reply #39 on: <11-12-15/1940:51> »
OOC & OT: I'd say she glitched her summon "Spirit of Riggs" Bad Cop routine, because it went to 11.  That was a reference to Lethal Weapon btw.

Just OOC: Waiting for that CHA + WIL roll to see if drek hits the fan.   If she can just survive the initial meet, we can hash things out as a group and maybe make sure your character is otherwise occupied the next time we meet with the Johnson. ;)

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #40 on: <11-12-15/2024:33> »
While this call is going through a wah-wah-wah stage, was reviewing roll history, and realized I'd rolled 10 rather than 12 dive on drain resist for summoning the air spirit (and here Orokos just showed its value, as you can see all your rolls--but then I saw it in my post here too, quoted below).  While won't change any other rolls that have happened from then to now, is it OK to roll the other two dice, see if I get the hit to keep her below penalty range?  (Yes--obviously hoping to have the extra die to help Forty resist finishing her self destruction.)  If it is "what is done is done" then fair enough, but it seemed worth asking.

Summoning Bolt, spirit of Air force 6 (optional powers: fear, elemental attack)
     Summoning pool 16: summoning Bolt: 16d6t5 5
    Bolt's resistance pool 6: Bolt resisting summons: 6d6t5 2 
    Drain resist 12 dice pool: resist drain (summoning): 10d6t5 1

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #41 on: <11-12-15/2042:57> »
sure

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-12-15/2104:31> »
missing two drain dice from summons: 2d6t5 1

So at 2 stun, not 3, so no penalty.

The first 11 dice:  Resist Thunderbird temper: 11d6t5 2

and the missing die, due to the above: 1 extra die to resist Thunderbird: 1d6t5 0

=2, with a required threshold of 3.

Drek.

The creative thinking part of how to deal with that role I'm probably not going to be able to do while on this call.  Forty will go into a slow burn for a bit, so anyone else feel free to respond to Lucien IC, and I'll have that response up by tomorrow.  Tonight if it is gnawing at me too much to let me sleep.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #43 on: <11-13-15/1001:12> »
Use Vanguards intervention as an excuse to edge her resistance roll
     edge resist thunderbird: 11d6t5 6
     (sure, now I get the good roll when I only needed one more die.  Well, Forty better smarten up for the rest of the run, because that was all the edge she had)

Use the mindlink preparation on Vanguard
     use mindlink F3P1: 4d6t5 2

And my apologies for going way over the top earlier.  My first draft of that was much more reasonable, but by the third .... well you saw where I took it.  Mental note:  don't let myself have TOO much fun writing Forty.  And if lack of remaining edge frags her later, so be it.  Let's get this back on track, sorry for the distraction.

Yok

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <11-13-15/2033:14> »
Short post today during a brief airport layover.  Should be able to do more going forward.