NEWS

Chummer5 Support

• 632 Replies

Iridios

• Newb
« on: <12-20-14/1236:07> »
In the absence of Adam Schmidt to update Chummer5 (We miss you Adam please come back).  I have started creating some custom files for Chummer.  The first ones I have done are for Shadow Spells.  Not everything has been added yet, but it's a start.

I think we as a community can make Adam's return a bit easier if he has data files already compiled for the books that have come out since the last update.  I do realize that not every change is possible to cover with the data files, but if we can lessen his load...

Here is what I have started for Shadow Spells https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3RhPHKkUyd7NkE0WlVEYXdaR1U&usp=sharing

If anyone has any similar files already compiled and you are willing to share please do so.  I like the Chummer program and wish to see it live on.
Signature file not found

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #1 on: <12-20-14/1258:32> »
Question.

I recently used Chummer for the 1st time & I noticed a lot of stuff from Shadow Spells was in there, but, 1 thing that was absent was the adept ability Heightened Concentration (Concern).

Was this skipped just due to the typo of the name or was it not included for some reason?

jim1701

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <12-20-14/1320:48> »
Check your powers xml and the books xml.  Make sure the Heightened Concern (if it exists) has the correct book code. 

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <12-20-14/1437:07> »
Well, since I'm still working on the adept powers from Shadow Spells, it won't be in there for Chummer5.  I've done the spells and traditions so far.  I hope to have the powers up later this afternoon.
Signature file not found

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <12-20-14/1459:44> »
And now the Shadow Spells powers file is up.  Please keep in mind that I am one person working on these files (at this point) so the files will come slowly.
Signature file not found

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #5 on: <12-20-14/1658:49> »
Great effort Iridios.  I was planning on working on a custom file for my Advanced Technomancy rules (in the GM Tools section), but it got backburnered with a lot of other projects.  Mostly my issue is that I'm not too familiar with XML and all the tags that are used in Chummer.  Can you give me some pointers though?  I think it wouldn't be hard for me to implement the Paragons and Streams from 4th edition, but I suppose I could use some sort of framework to build from.  Additionally, I don't know the tags, so if you can point me in the right direction then it'll make it a lot easier for me to justify spending time making my adaptations.

I might even be able to add content from actual books, and not just my house rules.  :P
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <12-20-14/1802:51> »
From what I've noticed the tags are pretty easy to grasp since they're used in a similar manner to tags like <hide></hide> (examples). I'd suggest going into the chummer data directory and opening one of the files and look how powers, spells, ect. are listed to get an idea.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <12-20-14/1911:11> »
There is a well documented Chummer Wiki at
http://www.chummergen.com/chummer/wiki/Data-File-Overview-sr5.ashx

The different data files and the tags they use are documented.  That is where I would start.
I did find one thing.  According to Adam, each entry should have a GUID.  I have not used them and the files still seem to work.  I do plan on adding them down the road.  Adam does provide a GUID generator which is linked from the page I just linked.
Signature file not found

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #8 on: <12-20-14/1937:56> »
Check your powers xml and the books xml.  Make sure the Heightened Concern (if it exists) has the correct book code. 

Well, since I'm still working on the adept powers from Shadow Spells, it won't be in there for Chummer5.  I've done the spells and traditions so far.  I hope to have the powers up later this afternoon.

Okay, I just realized what I was seeing was "Stolen Souls" powers, not "Shadow Spells" powers.
So that explains why its not there.

Thanks for the work your doing Iridios.

Iridios

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <12-20-14/2058:24> »
Just uploaded a corrected spells file for Shadow Spells.  Didn't realize that rituals was in the same data file as spells, also found a mistake in the drain code of a spell.
Signature file not found

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #10 on: <12-20-14/2242:30> »
Ahh, excellent - I thought I had remembered a wiki being around for Chummer 4, but I'd completely forgotten all about it.  I'll poke around this week and see if I can make up a file for some technomancer goodness.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <12-21-14/0918:12> »
I'm currently attempting to do the packs from run faster. I'll upload it after I've finished.

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <12-21-14/1002:03> »
I'm currently attempting to do the packs from run faster. I'll upload it after I've finished.

Pre-Thanks!
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting

Rebeldawg

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <12-21-14/1314:11> »
Does anyone know what inhalers would fall under? or if they're already listed in chummer?

Lusis

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <12-21-14/1318:03> »
Does anyone know what inhalers would fall under? or if they're already listed in chummer?

Don't think they are. I've been using the syringe entry to cover those. I would treat them the same way.
SpeechThought Matrix/E-mail/Texting