NEWS

Long Kiss Goodbye (IC)

• 687 Replies

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #675 on: <04-18-17/0051:54> »
I watched her die...she wouldn't do this to me.  How could she even think of doing this...hiding her...holding the locket in his hand, he looked at Yelena as her face blurred through the tears.  He could feel the mana bound in the locket, in a way that left no doubt.  This was the locket he had given her.  His daughter?  Momentary doubt was expelled as he looked at the eyes.  Those features were her mothers, but the shape and color of the eyes.  His daughter.  Hidden from him.  Looking at the ID, Jed tried to do the math to be sure. She would be 19, maybe 20 now.  Unless....

I have to know.  I don't understand how she came to be here of all places.  Why is this ID here, where is she?  Where is the girl.  I have to find out.  I can't leave without knowing.  Yelena folded him to her chest as grief overcame him.
« Last Edit: <04-18-17/0054:07> by SmilinIrish »
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #676 on: <04-18-17/0327:27> »
Yelena listens to the man as he talks, grief and disbelief coming out in every word.  The man is shaking and seems about to collapse as Yelena steps forward and puts her arms around him, pulling him to her chest.  "Yes, Jedediah.  We find your woman or what happened to her.  Must be something else here to say more.  Yelena help." She continues to hold him to her until he is able to pull away then she begins to search the rooms for anything that might have something to do with the woman or girl in the picture.  She stops for a moment and looks at the man.  "Can PI man send picture to Yelena?  Yelena send off to someone who is smart man.  Maybe he knows something."
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Qwikfix

« Reply #677 on: <04-18-17/0909:10> »
Arc could feel the expression on her face showing surprise at Jed's breakdown, her brief memory of the PI solidifying him as a normally very grounded person.  To see him so vulnerable seemed off, and the human stood in the background, uncertain of how to respond.

But when Yelena spoke, offering help, the little mechanic picked up the queues.  Wordlessly nodding to the keeb, Arc would dart into action, only stopping to place a small credstick in front of them: their payoff for their ride home.
Without delay, Arc started a search through the safehouse, using her eyes and goggles to seek out something, anything, that may be a clue to this mystery.

After all, lost family is not something she's unfamiliar with, and so she understands the importance...
« Last Edit: <04-18-17/0918:07> by Qwikfix »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #678 on: <04-18-17/1323:37> »
Yelena sees the box of items that went with the credsticks. And her long association with killers searches for a reason for it. Some killers liked to keep trophies. And this looked a lot like that, trophies. But, Nicolai had never thought of himself as a killer, and indeed had never killed any of his subjects accidentally as some extractors were prone to do. No, he killed only when the contract called for killing after the information extracted had been verified as complete. So, these wouldn't be his trophies. Were they perhaps the trophies of another killer? Entirely possible, they lived in a world where lives were worth far less than a hit of Bliss. But, Nicolai wasn't careless, a box of trophies in his safehouse would incriminate him if they were discovered. Hmmm, Nicolai wasn't careless, maybe he'd placed personal items to help his future self establish legitimacy. There was just no knowing from the meager box of goods.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #679 on: <04-19-17/0043:34> »
Yelena takes the pictures that Jed sends her and forwards them on. >>Sam [Yelena]:  Yelena send two pictures.  Woman was supposed to be dead.  Girl never born.  Girl maybe twenty now if alive.  Yelena find personal items and pictures in Nicolai safe house.  Sam know anything?  Is important to Yelena.  Can ask around?<<

She turns to Jed. "Yelena send off message to man who might find out things.  We look for more things here."  She begins to do just that, helping Jed and Arc search the rooms of the safe house with a fine toothed comb, looking for anything that might give them a clue to why the pictures were here.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #680 on: <04-19-17/0204:27> »
Sam responds, >>Got it. You'll know something when I do.<< After a thorough search the room reveals nothing further.
« Last Edit: <04-19-17/1221:26> by ismilealot »
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #681 on: <04-19-17/0238:26> »
Yelena finishes looking about then goes to stand near Jed. "Jedediah.  Yelena want ask question.  How sure is PI man that woman in picture is yours and girl is your child?  Is possible that woman was wife of Nicolai and girl was his daughter and you fell in love with daughter?"

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #682 on: <04-19-17/1319:55> »
Jed held his hand out to Yelena, with the small heart charm in his palm.  I is definitely her.  I gave her this charm on a bracelet.  We ran jobs together, and become involved.  I had an offer from another source, solo job.  I took the solo job and planned to provide some astral overwatch to the team remotely, since their job was supposed to be an easy one.  I was watching from the astral when she died.  The others were not able to recover her body, but I never imagined she would have faked her death.  The child...She looks mostly like Bunny, but she has my eyes.  Maybe I'm only seeing what I want to see, but I have to find out what happened. 

Qwikfix

« Reply #683 on: <04-19-17/1346:12> »
Wiling her brow in frustration, Arc caught her breath as she joined the pair as they talked.  She frowned, recognizing the resolve in the mage''s look and tone as she nodded.  can't blame him.  First thing I did once free was poke into my past.
 Hm.

Clearing her throat, she put her left hand on the guy's arm.  "And we doin' that.  I jusht cleared the place.  If there was any more heah, we'da found it by now.  If Yelena ashked who I thought, we will get more info.  What do you wanna do now?
 Blackbird be checking in with ush soon I think..."

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #684 on: <04-19-17/1731:56> »
Jan 3rd 2076 03:00

>>The woman is Maisel Grey-Tierney-Walsh. she was a secretary for small accounting firm before her militant beliefs in environmental purity had her joining a group of ecological terrorists. From there she is on record as having joined with several different groups with varying degrees of violence in order to funnel money back into her core group. She landed on several watch lists during that time. Last known whereabouts was in Tir-Na-Nog where she is said to have retired with a commune that believed in environmental purity and freedom from technology. She gave birth to a child approximately 6 months after retiring. The child is listed as Jemma Grey-Tierney-Walsh, no father on record. The commune is known for it's strict isolationists policy and it's members keep very low profiles.<< Sam

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #685 on: <04-19-17/2314:28> »
>>Sam [Yelena]:  Yelena thank Sam for information.  Sam really want Yelena work for you?  Might be bad choice with others looking for Yelena.<<

Yelena turns to Jed and looks at him. "Jedediah, Yelena man send information about woman in picture.  Yelena forward information to PI man if want.  Maybe woman still alive.  Still not sure why things here in Nicolai place."

She copies the information Sam has sent and forwards it on to Jed without providing the com code for Sam.

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #686 on: <04-21-17/1705:11> »
Jed pushes aside his emotions and reads over the information.  Tir.  Ok, that's somewhere to start.  When they are through, he has some investigating to do. Thanks Yelena.  Sorry, this caught me very off guard.   Lets wrap this up.  Has anyone heard from Marco?

Qwikfix

« Reply #687 on: <04-24-17/1138:33> »
Arc felt herself relax as the moment moved forward, shaking her head at the older man's question.  "Nah, and he likely won't comm us.  Dude's paranoid ash drek about trix use."  she smirked, tilting her head as she heard a splashing noise coming from the entrance.  "Well speak of, there''s the frsgger, tch..."

[spoiler]Blackbird posted this morning in BBB returning to the safehouse, so I guess it's time to transition over![/spoiler]