NEWS

Artifacts Unbound PDF/Print Pre-Order Now Available

• 38 Replies

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« on: <10-19-11/2202:53> »
Since Jason hasn't gotten around to posting it officially to the boards...

Artifacts Unbound

Four artifacts have been found. Some of the most powerful people in the Sixth World have been after them, and many people have died in the globetrotting hunt to bring these objects together. Now that they have been recovered, their powers can be unleashed—or the artifacts can be scattered, lost again until another generation summons the courage and the knowledge to dredge them up.

Artifacts Unbound concludes the Dawn of the Artifacts campaign in a way that makes gamemasters and players free to determine many events of their campaign. Filled with plot details, adventure seeds, basic setting information, and NPC statistics, Artifacts Unbound lets gamemasters select the elements that would work best in their campaign and design a thrilling story for their game. Easy to use and flexible, this book can be used with players who have gone through the entire Dawn of the Artifacts campaign, or with players just learning about the artifacts and their effect on the Sixth World.

Artifacts Unbound (Buy From BattleShop)

Artifacts Unbound (Buy From DriveThruRPG)

Or Pre-order Print Book/PDF Combo here.
« Last Edit: <10-19-11/2205:54> by Bull »

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <10-20-11/0158:25> »
First I have got to say I am loving all the NPC's, that said I have to say I have only skimmed through the product and have found it very interesting and useful for our games here in Seattle.

Now that the last fiction has left me hanging......who survived?, what was Walker doing?, and in god’s name why would they give him all those artifacts.....now I know some of those answers may be in the rest of the book, and I will be reading the entire thing from cover to cover to find out anything more. But damn that is an awesome plot point, thank you!

Edit: I know of one death from Street legends.....going back and checking up on that as well
« Last Edit: <10-20-11/0202:57> by Frankie the Fomori »

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-20-11/0324:39> »

Who's NOT dead:

[spoiler]Just to be clear, if they have stats in Street Legends or this book then they're still alive. Frosty, Ni'Fairra, Surehand, and Harlequin are alive. Hestaby is alive.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-20-11/0844:32> by James Meiers »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-20-11/0819:44> »
You are no fun.

Anyway, the general makeup of the book is pretty free-form. One adventure is the final one (A Tale of Two Princes), and another (Too Many Secrets) was refocused a bit to spins out of another (Shadows of Peace). However, that's about it. The rest can be run in any order, and/or interspersed into normal games. I do have to admit, however, that there is a bit of a divide. Bull's and most of the others' runs are pretty maleable. As it turns out, though, mine became something of a series of escalating events that ends with You Kind Of Know What.

I wrote:
  • The Psychic Highway to Hell. A metaplanar adventure to go along with my Extraplanar Intelligence chapter from Spy Games.
  • Give the Devil His Due.
  • River City Shootout. War! defined my hometown as a Prime Runner-level setting, and so my explicit goal was to create a PR-level adventure.
  • Too Many Secrets.
  • A Tale of Two Princes.
  • Praxis. The finale.
The others I'm not too keen to open up discussions about, but I await commentary. I should also mention that events in AU are specifically why DeeCee is one of the settings in Conspiracy Theories.

As for NPCs, there are generics in the Character Trove and the adventures themselves, including °drumroll* military personnel. Because nothing gets debates going on Shadowrun boards like stats for members of the armed forces, although it's also because those stats are generally so desired (as a baseline if nothing else). This book also covers a lot of ground, though mostly in North America and the Western Hemisphere.
« Last Edit: <10-20-11/0853:44> by James Meiers »

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

MikeW

• Freelancer
  • Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-20-11/1139:51> »
And to let folks here know, I wrote the All-Seeing Eye, Coming Full Circle and Deja Vu chapters.

And FastJack, I dig the River Song reference.  =)  I'm a big Doctor Who fan. 
Mike Wich, SR Freelancer
10 Jackpointers
Sixth World Almanac
03-10 Spin Control
War!
Street Legends
Artifacts Unbound
Conspiracy Theories
Horizon Adventure #3

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <10-20-11/1521:22> »
I like coming full circle, it was awesome seeing black mamba stats :)

I also Like the full gambit of NPC range, from gangers to veteran street runners (not Sure about the Sam having delta-ware WR 3...but i guess that comes From our group having very little opportunity for That grade... My PC just got delta spurs after Roughly 40 karma and sacrificing the cash payout the Rest of the team got to get it).

Another plot point that stands out at the moment (only have covered a few) was a time of frost! It seems cool to dig
Up some ?dirt? On frosty.

Looking at deja vu and I think that is an awesome idea. Also nice to see the NeoNet group internal power factions upsetting each others plans.(one thing of note: how skilled do you want the drakes to be with the elemental attack, they are missing the exotic ranged attack skill)
« Last Edit: <10-20-11/1544:51> by Frankie the Fomori »

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <10-20-11/1732:02> »
Sorry IPhone was making it hard To edit last post.

In somthing dark in the woods it looks like she is recreating the blood wood around Mt hood area? Wow!

I think it is time for mommy to come and spank her disturbed daughter:)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <10-20-11/1809:56> »
So, yeah. Anyone waiting for Tintagel's or Roth's stats (They're mentioned as agents of Lugh Surehand in Street Legends) can find said stats on pages 134 and 118 respectively.

Tint is a badass. He deserves a proper writeup one of these days. Maybe not for a Street Legends supplement, but maybe enhanced fiction or SOTA or something.

Roth is the person who is sent to make sure your whole world is burnt to ashes. As I described her to Jason and Peter, she is a Breaker of Wills. Well, you'll see.
« Last Edit: <10-20-11/1816:58> by James Meiers »

Frankie the Fomori

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <10-20-11/2325:51> »
Got a Question, does the cool Lady Sam on the cover get a story? or Stats? My wife (who is not a gamer) thought she kicked butt.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <10-21-11/0746:36> »
Got a Question, does the cool Lady Sam on the cover get a story? or Stats? My wife (who is not a gamer) thought she kicked butt.
Well, I definitely see a Balance Tail and her left leg is cyber...

Argent

• Chummer
  • Doh! Wrong ammo clip!
« Reply #12 on: <10-21-11/0756:40> »
Well, I definitely see a Balance Tail and her left leg is cyber...

That would be one hell of a kick.  ;D
Running the shadows since 1989.

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #13 on: <10-21-11/0942:28> »

Who's NOT dead:

[spoiler]Just to be clear, if they have stats in Street Legends or this book then they're still alive. Frosty, Ni'Fairra, Surehand, and Harlequin are alive. Hestaby is alive.[/spoiler]

Am I reading this right, are the folks in the spoiler tags all stated in Unbound? (The ones not in Street Legends)
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

Patrick Goodman

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Fixing the fixless since 2016
« Reply #14 on: <10-21-11/1036:17> »
I saw stats in Artifacts Unbound for [spoiler]Jenna and Frosty[/spoiler] but I'm not sure about [spoiler]Harlequin[/spoiler] at the moment. [spoiler]Surehand and Hestaby[/spoiler] are in Street Legends.

Hope that was sufficiently vague. :)
Former Shadowrun Errata Coordinator