NEWS

Spy Games!

• 66 Replies

Prime Mover

• Omae
  • Prime Runners need Prime Fixers
« Reply #60 on: <06-19-11/2350:55> »
Bull makes a comment about unused tunnels...

heh, as if alligators in the sewers where not bad enough. Now there is talk about a "hypnosquid"...

An Incubus?  I haven't dropped one of those in my game since first edition.
Why do things happen the way they happen? For
all I know the world Is Just one big game and all of
our actions are determined by the roll of a die.
-  Dunkelzahn,  Great-Dragon

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #61 on: <06-20-11/0253:23> »
I really do think that future SR edition (*shiver*) could benefit from having said squid appear in the critters section. I find it more likely that a runner team will bump into one of them then say a merrow or thunderbird.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #62 on: <06-20-11/1049:09> »
I really do think that future SR edition (*shiver*) could benefit from having said squid appear in the critters section. I find it more likely that a runner team will bump into one of them then say a merrow or thunderbird.

Really not sure if it's same squid creature, haven't read book yet but Incubus is in Running Wild.

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #63 on: <06-20-11/1515:45> »

Really not sure if it's same squid creature, haven't read book yet but Incubus is in Running Wild.
Yes, it is the same. But i think a new GM may have some fun with putting something like that in a basement or such ;)
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #64 on: <08-21-11/1116:38> »
I wouldn't say updated, but they do play a role.
The spirits of Denver are covered in the book. I am disappointed one of the more all-out amusing ideas didn't make it in, though.

Zebulon broke into 6 or more spirits, more then likely one facet of his personality for each sector.  Four were named and described (I really like the here's 4 possible backgrounds , pick one system in Denver).

Grey Sky- Force7 / Pueblo Sector  Trickster or Shadow who enjoys messing with border security.
Night- Force 8 / UCAS Sector  Enjoys pain and suffering connected to BTL's and/or racial violence.
Smoke- Force 8 / Sioux Sector Hiding as an ally spirit of an influential cat shaman.
Rojo- Force 9 / Aztlan Sector  Directly involved in sector politics for the good or ill of the people.

Did Rojo survive the fall of "his" sector?  Is Ghostwalker aware of the fractured nature of the spirits?  Is he doing anything to "repair" him?

Nath

• Omae
« Reply #65 on: <08-21-11/1210:57> »
I don't remember anything significant on the Denver Spirit topic in Spy Games, but the issue was addressed in Dragons of the Sixth World Game Information, as of 2063.
Dragons of the Sixth World, page 190
When Ghostwalker arrived in Denver, one of his first orders of business was hunting down the fragments of Zebulon. The great dragon destroyed the spirits' physical forms and captured their magical essence. He intends to reintegrate the spirits, believing that Zebulon will be a useful ally and the process may also being to mend the rifts in Denver and help stabilize his domain. Even with his tremendous knowledge, however, Ghostwalker isn't entirely certain how to melf the six spirits back into one, or what the result will be. Therefore he's taking his time and studying all facets of the problem before going any further.
At the gamemaster's discretion, it's also possible that Ghostwalker hasn't yet recovered all of the fragments of the Spirit of Denver. Now occupied with other matters, the dragon may need agents capable of hunting down, overcoming and capturing a powerful and wily free spirits or two, agents like a group of shadowrunners, for example.

Prime Mover

• Omae
« Reply #66 on: <08-22-11/0052:15> »
2 Demerits for me.  Been long time since I've read over DotSW.  Thanks for the refresher!