NEWS

Remaining 4E material?

• 40 Replies

JoeNapalm

• Ace Runner
  • Ifriti Sophist
« Reply #15 on: <05-13-13/1827:05> »

I just got thread whiplash from this thing going off the rails.

-Jn-
City of Brass Expatriate

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #16 on: <05-13-13/1953:12> »
Ugh. Not me. I don't understand the point of releasing product that boils down to "The same, but 'BETTER'! " when it comes to gear.
Players like us, though, are in the deep, deep minority. Shadowrun readers LOVE gear books. It's obscene.

I wonder how much of that is just looking at shinies. Like, Battletech, the TRO products are the best seller, and usually they don't introduce new gear, just new units fielding the same gear. If Shadowrun would do the same, and release a booklet of shadowrunners with a small blurb on what they do and their gear, with a page of art, I know I'd buy it.

I think art plays a big role, but that's my guess.

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <05-13-13/2132:00> »
What I am wanting is a source book that has things from prior editions that don't make it into the core book. Just because a new edition starts doesn't mean that things that already existed should just cease to exist. If they want to put some new stuff into it too, then cool, but that's not what I'm after.

Arsenal (5E)?

If they actually did that with the Fifth Edition version of Arsenal, sure, but it'll probably be new stuff.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Parker

• Omae
  • Remember, can't spell damage without mage!
« Reply #18 on: <06-05-13/2110:24> »
If they brought out a 5th edition for 'Arsenal' or other gear-related pubs, they'ed probably launch it/them as pdf(s). 8)
I'm not Mad...insane a bit...but not mmmaaaddd!
(insane giggle as lightning flashes and thunder rolls.)

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-17-13/0815:01> »
If they brought out a 5th edition for 'Arsenal' or other gear-related pubs, they'ed probably launch it/them as pdf(s). 8)
There will almost certainly be 5th edition versions of Arsenal, Augmentation, Street Magic and Unwired just like there's a 5th editon version of Runners Companion in the pipe line(Run Faster, really like that it's the first additional core book this time around)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

carmachu

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <07-02-13/2243:53> »
Speaking of remaining 4th material, is Battle for manhattan going to be released into 5th, the 3rd part of the series?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #21 on: <07-03-13/0702:24> »
They might be mixing things up in sorting though, since it wouldn't surprise me if vehicle modifications end up in the Rigger book and Arsenal thus ends up being torn to pieces.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Mäx

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <07-05-13/1056:48> »
They might be mixing things up in sorting though, since it wouldn't surprise me if vehicle modifications end up in the Rigger book and Arsenal thus ends up being torn to pieces.
There's a new Rigger book incoming?

Isn't it little too early to end the edition. when the corebook is barely even out ;)
"An it harm none, do what you will"

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #23 on: <07-05-13/1152:00> »
Heh. No, they were planning on letting Rigger show up sooner, with vehicle mods. Sounded a lot like divying up Arsenal to me but who knows.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

chinlamp

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <08-07-13/2027:38> »
Are they still doing Boardroom Backstabs 3?  Did I miss the release of that?

Or is it going to be dual 4th/5th edition now?

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <08-08-13/0040:55> »
The latter (I assume. I have no idea if it will have rules for both SR4A and SR5). Especially since Stolen Souls is going to contain the most recent update on New York.
« Last Edit: <08-08-13/0048:39> by Crimsondude »

a very angery werefox

« Reply #26 on: <08-17-13/2235:12> »
man cant wait for runners book. wana port my fox shapeshifter yakuza gun-fu hit-man over see how he is in 5th ed. o and surge. wana make guyver like Zoanoids outa my poor humen charecters cuss its fun for the whole furry fammily. god cant wait ;D ;D

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #27 on: <08-24-13/0152:09> »
I know I have a thing in the PDF pipeline that was done for 4th ed rules, but will probably be converted to 5th ed when it releases. *vague gestures*

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <08-28-13/2244:57> »
Parazoology 2 was released today...single-statted for 4A.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #29 on: <08-28-13/2304:56> »
Parazoology 2 finishes out the remaining critters from previous editions and references and then rounds it out with a few new ones.