Shadowrun Missions Living Campaign > Living Campaign Discussion

The Future of Missions

(1/6) > >>

Lormyr:
To be crystal clear, I am in no position to direct the future path of Missions, nor do I have any foreknowledge or the ability to speak for the decision makers for Missions. This poll is strictly a matter of personal curiosity, and a possible point for conversation.

Michael Chandra:
Missions at cons is supposed to advertise the current edition. As such, in 2020 there is no alternative to 6w. Granted, we'll no doubt have an SRM FAQ, and hopefully a 6w FAQ, by then. But we can't wait forever.

I do hope people will be able to continue Neo-Tokyo in 5e at their homegames. But any con game should be 6w.

penllawen:

--- Quote from: Michael Chandra on ---Missions at cons is supposed to advertise the current edition. As such, in 2020 there is no alternative to 6w.

--- End quote ---
Lormyr didn't ask "which version does Catalyst prefer", he asked "what version do you prefer." 5e is a perfectly valid answer to that question.

Interesting extensions of this question would be "If a con had unofficial 5e games and official 6e Mission games, which would you choose to play?" and "If a con only had 6e games, would you skip playing Shadowrun in favour of playing something else entirely?"

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:
I flat out prefer 6we to 5e, warts and all.  Besides, those warts aren't any uglier than 5e's... AND I have my optimism that the needed fixes will eventually come.

Michael Chandra:
Yeah, like I mentioned before, the uncertainty about Riggers in 5e turned my wife off Shadowrun entirely. The first thing I checked in 6w was the answer to that conundrum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version