NEWS

Street Legends Supplemental now out--ten more characters to play with!

• 226 Replies

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #165 on: <01-22-12/0451:29> »
Well they did have a E-ghost visit.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #166 on: <01-22-12/1022:13> »
Indeed. And also there have been questions raised as to whether DefCon5 is even human, I believe.

Also, Baka Dabora is SURGEd.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <01-22-12/1433:39> »
Indeed. And also there have been questions raised as to whether DefCon5 is even human, I believe.
Heh

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #168 on: <04-04-12/1053:38> »
Kane might just change that concept a little.

True, but also a recent development. (And, might I add, an awesome one as well.)

As for AIs, there's an eGhost that's popped up (But who doesn't have full access), as noted, but no other AIs are known to have posted.  Several of the Jackpointers are nervous about 'em... Clockwork being an extreme example, but not the only one. Of course, this leaves open the opportunity for one to do so in the future...

Dog Boy

• Newb
« Reply #169 on: <08-12-12/0200:27> »
Oddly, the pic for Slamm-O! was my one major complaint about the supplemental, as it doesn't keep with anything that's been said/shown about him in past fiction, particularly, Game, Set, Match from SR4A... "but who
knew the annoying hacker had such a fine body? She’d thought he’d be one of those pasty-skinned couch potatoes"... SR4A pg 214. Now, issues of personal taste aside, I really don't see any female describing the droop-gutted, man-boob bedecked image from the supplemental pic as anything even close to a 'fine body'. Wasn't even any attempt to keep consistent in overall look from Game Set Match to the supplemental, since there's a character shot in the SR4A fiction.

I can let a lot of things slide in the interests of taking things from a 'consider it from within the game world' perspective, but the one thing I've always jumped on when I spot it is internal inconsistency.

Remember that the dossier was prepared by Clockwork -- does anyone put it past him to be mean-spirited enough to edit someone he dislikes into being unattractive?

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #170 on: <08-12-12/0742:22> »

Kane training /dev/ scares the hell out of me. And for some reason I swear I can see /dev/ running with Netcat/Slammo's kid in the future. Maybe even in a mentor capacity herself.

Mara

• Ace Runner
« Reply #171 on: <08-12-12/0932:24> »

Kane training /dev/ scares the hell out of me. And for some reason I swear I can see /dev/ running with Netcat/Slammo's kid in the future. Maybe even in a mentor capacity herself.

I am interested in how /dev/'s story develops...I am kind of thinking she might be being groomed to be the replacement for
Fastjack.....I mean, if she hacked Jackpoint...she is definately NOT a "script kiddie" or someone "just playing on mommy and daddy's
money"

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #172 on: <08-12-12/0944:44> »
More and more people seem to be doing that these days. The anonymous poster, Perri from DDN did it in Spy Games. Jack's losing his touch.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #173 on: <08-12-12/0956:43> »
More and more people seem to be doing that these days. The anonymous poster, Perri from DDN did it in Spy Games. Jack's losing his touch.
If you're thinking that, you're right where FastJack wants you.

And you are already dead.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #174 on: <08-12-12/1025:18> »
No network is safe if a megacorp really wants in. Period. Fastjack may be good, even the best, but he can't be on all the time, and if someone takes time to probe, and has a good enough stealth program...

And Perri is Fastjack's daughter. When you know how the system designer works, you are better able to anticipate back doors, especially if the Resonance is there to guide you.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #175 on: <08-12-12/1039:08> »
Not to mention having the Matrix Firepower of the Denver Data Haven at your beck and call.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Lysanderz

• Omae
« Reply #176 on: <08-12-12/1059:12> »
Wait a minute, Jack has kids? What books talk about this?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #177 on: <08-12-12/1109:22> »
Wait a minute, Jack has kids? What books talk about this?
SR4A.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

hobgoblin

• Omae
  • Panda!
« Reply #178 on: <08-13-12/0554:31> »
I could have sworn she showed up in late SR3 or something.
Want to see my flash new jacket?

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #179 on: <08-13-12/0913:29> »
I could have sworn she showed up in late SR3 or something.
She showed up a lot earlier than that.

It's just been confirmed in SR4A.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11