NEWS

DND....5th ED?

• 71 Replies

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <01-10-12/1503:32> »
I'll take a look at 5th when it comes out, not going to outright say no tell I at least see the rules...but honestly, even if the rules are jawdroppingly amazing, and they straighten out their business practices, nothing short of a public appology for 4th edition is going to get me to think of wizards as anything but a crap corporation on the same level as walmart/amazon. Regardless of any of it, it's going to be rather hard for them to beat out Pathfinder/Paizo, least in my mind. The rules and setting are very well done (not perfect mind you, but solid), but the biggest hurdle is the customer service.

Oh, I'll probably look at it, but WotC will have to do some miraculous stuff to ever get a penny of my money again. Especially after they decided to say 'screw what people want' and stop producing PDFs.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #16 on: <01-10-12/1957:51> »
Thanks Hasbro
Andrew Grim

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <01-10-12/2027:12> »
I want to know where my Transformers G1 RPG is.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

MisterJohnson

• Newb
  • 26 minutes from now...
« Reply #18 on: <01-11-12/0112:18> »
Oh, I'll probably look at it, but WotC will have to do some miraculous stuff to ever get a penny of my money again. Especially after they decided to say 'screw what people want' and stop producing PDFs.

>>>> [ Yes, I can honestly say that what helped save me from experiencing 4E was the lacking ability to buy the books as PDFs.  I have about 30 Shadowrun books and a few other RPG books in my laptop.  I carry them all with me around the world and am able to read and stay active developing my campaign no matter where the shadows take me.  PDF game books are wiz. ] <<<<
  -- Nacho (22:11:24 / 01-10-74)
Mr. Johnson  |  ContactMrJohnson.com
>>> [ Here's two-Nuyen of advice, chummer;  Never cross the NodeDragon ] <<<
GPA/P sr4++++ sw+++++

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #19 on: <01-11-12/0119:34> »
As far as not being able to find 4th ed D&D books on PDF, have none of you heard of Bittorrent?
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #20 on: <01-11-12/0124:34> »
As far as not being able to find 4th ed D&D books on PDF, have none of you heard of Bittorrent?
*Cough*  No, none of us have ever heard of any kind of illegal downloads of copyrighted materials at all.  Nothing to see here.   >:(
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

JustADude

• Prime Runner
  • Madness? This! Is! A FORUM!
« Reply #21 on: <01-11-12/0147:05> »
*Cough*  No, none of us have ever heard of any kind of illegal downloads of copyrighted materials at all.  Nothing to see here.   >:(

However, as far as I'm aware, and of course depending on your jurisdiction, many places will allow you a legal "digital backup" of a legally licensed/purchased Intellectual Property that was acquired in DTF or CPF (Circular Plastic Format); a precedent set when people began ripping .MP3s off their CDs and playing them on their computers.

Aka, if you have the book you can legally scan it into a PDF yourself, or take the shortcut and download a digitization that another legal purchaser has so generously provided for his fellow legal purchasers' convenience.

The fact that evil scoundrels, who have not paid the rightful owners for the rights to use the product, latch onto this generous attempt at the aiding of a perfectly legal endeavor is a sad byproduct of the dishonesty inherent in human nature.
« Last Edit: <01-11-12/0150:06> by JustADude »
“What is right is not always popular and what is popular is not always right.”
― Albert Einstein

"Being average just means that half of everyone you meet is better than you."
― Me

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #22 on: <01-11-12/0154:36> »
Hey, I buy my Shadowrun PDFs. For other systems, I check out a PDF, and if I like it, I'll grab a legal copy. Otherwise, I delete, and move on, not having shelled out good cred on bad merchandise.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

MisterJohnson

• Newb
  • 26 minutes from now...
« Reply #23 on: <01-11-12/0157:32> »

>>>> [ That's some paydata that won't ever be found on any of my decks. Nacho don't do datasteals. ] <<<<
  -- Nacho (22:57:13 / 01-10-74)

Mr. Johnson  |  ContactMrJohnson.com
>>> [ Here's two-Nuyen of advice, chummer;  Never cross the NodeDragon ] <<<
GPA/P sr4++++ sw+++++

FraustyTheSnowman

• Newb
« Reply #24 on: <01-11-12/1308:09> »
Pathfinder PDFs are one of the main reasons I'm able to stay current with the Pathfinder rules. Of course, I'm spoiled rotten by their low cost/high quality, which makes purchasing Shadowrun PDFs very painful at times. I'll still get all the ones I'm interested in, it's just a much much slower process.

Red Canti

• Omae
  • Hybrid Rainbow
« Reply #25 on: <01-11-12/2241:41> »
I dunno what's worse, the fact that I can't seem to escape this news no matter what board or forum I go to, or that the 3aboos are getting more bold.
« Last Edit: <01-12-12/1511:56> by Red Canti »
"Always Trust Mr. Johnson, always. Just make sure he knows he'd regret betraying that trust."

theKernel

• Omae
  • I believe you like it served cold -Matador
« Reply #26 on: <01-11-12/2352:38> »
DND 3.5E is to "competitive algebra"

as

DND 4E is to "pretty pictures for twelve year-old recluses."

P.S. - Damn 12 year-olds, ruining America. :P
No way did you say that, nearly every time I talk of the scourge of RPGs I say marketing towards fucking twelve year olds ruined the game I grew up on and every person that thought version four was a good idea for the players was a liar and I could rant and rant but I wish they would make a public apology for version 4
HACK THE PLANET
Theres no place like 127.0.0.1
Always start and end character creation by asking yourself "why is this character not an ork." If you don't have a good answer you should be an ork. -UmaroVI
"Stay at least one lie ahead of everyone else"-Vitriol
SR4+++hbB?!Wdk++o+++++M+P-

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #27 on: <01-12-12/0815:42> »
Okay, before we start stoking any flames here, let's remember that a) it's just a game and b) this is a Shadowrun forum. If this turns into any type of "Edition Wars", I'll lock the thread.

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #28 on: <01-12-12/1004:37> »
Quote from: From the article posted by OP
And if the publishers are wondering which customers to listen to, they might want to pay special attention to boys aged 13-17.

Yes...

this bodes well.

*sigh*
I used to kind of like that game.

Tonatiuh

• Chummer
  • ¡Viva Aztlan!
« Reply #29 on: <01-12-12/1936:36> »
DND 3.5E is to "competitive algebra"

as

DND 4E is to "pretty pictures for twelve year-old recluses."

P.S. - Damn 12 year-olds, ruining America. :P
No way did you say that, nearly every time I talk of the scourge of RPGs I say marketing towards fucking twelve year olds ruined the game I grew up on and every person that thought version four was a good idea for the players was a liar and I could rant and rant but I wish they would make a public apology for version 4

This is your brother... Lol.
Current campaign WIP.