NEWS

Looking for map of Seattle.

• 11 Replies

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« on: <09-20-10/2237:44> »
A while back I saw that someone had made a map of Seattle using Google maps, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about where I could find that.
Pie > Cake

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...

The Doomed One

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-10/0030:50> »
That is indeed the one I was thinking of, thank you.  ;D
Pie > Cake

Devil

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-21-10/0215:31> »
Wow. I didn't know about this. Thanks!

Julius Q Enderby

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <09-21-10/1426:14> »
Zoinks! (thanks also)

Dead Monky

• Omae
  • I demand tacos!
« Reply #5 on: <09-21-10/1429:00> »
That's pretty cool.  Beats the crap out of the lousy pencil doodles I use.

Wolfboy

• Omae
  • life sucks, deal with it
« Reply #6 on: <09-25-10/2100:40> »
i'm a bit of a pain. I went to the store and got an actual map of seatle and then used all the books from 1st ed to 3ed to compile a physical map. ticks me off that i dont get to use it due to the lack of game here.

May god grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, to change the things I can, and the firepower to make the difference.

Suicide is never the answer, now homicide on the other hand, that has posibilities.

7.62 Russian, when it absolutely has to be done under budget

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #7 on: <10-26-10/0226:50> »
Here ya go.

Originally linked in Listing of Shadowrun Sites thread.

Do we know how to contact this guy and/or add locations to the map? or possibly even "copy" his map so we can have a personal one to edit without risking messing up his?
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Qemuel

• Chummer
« Reply #8 on: <10-26-10/0251:50> »
It's possible, that this http://www.chinagreenelvis.com/brainsharts/ is his website.  If so, there is contact information at the very bottom next to the copyright dates.

Edit:  After searching around a bit, it indeed looks like his website.  He's also on Facebook and MySpace as well as a member of Dumpshock.
« Last Edit: <10-26-10/0310:11> by Qemuel »

Nomad Zophiel

• Omae
  • Zophiel by name. Nomad by profession.
« Reply #9 on: <10-26-10/0350:56> »
It even has a satellite view so you can figure out what kind of wrecked buildings are where in the Barrens. Nice! thank you.

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #10 on: <10-26-10/0723:47> »
Do we know how to contact this guy and/or add locations to the map? or possibly even "copy" his map so we can have a personal one to edit without risking messing up his?

He originally ripped his map off a German Shadowrun site where, once he made contact with the original creator, he was told "do whatever you like with it."  Passing it on wouldn't be out of the question afict.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #11 on: <10-26-10/0907:01> »
He's using a Google Maps application that anyone can use and alter (I've done something similar for work). Basically, it pulls in the Long/Lat of a location and "paints" the icon on the map. So, yes, the map itself is live and real.

I do know that Google Maps also has access to Mars & the Moon; and some people have created their own maps and run them through the Google app. I'm wondering how hard it would be to "paint" the Sixth World borders on the map as well... I'm knee-deep in my Shadowland/Jackpoint project right now, but after I get that wrapped up, this is next on my plate.