NEWS

[SR5]'Overwatch'--Pixie MysAdept Sniper/Infiltrator/Summoner

• 45 Replies

Inconnu

• Omae
« on: <06-25-18/1926:10> »
Before we begin, I should note that there are a couple of houserules in play;

•Spells can be acquired with no Karma cost INGAME. So I'm loaded at bare minimum.
•Specializations cost 2 karma
•You don't lose Magic unless your max magic falls under your current magic, not that it matters. I have no intention to compromise my 7 magic.
•You may initiate pre-game
I'll edit in any more that I remember.
And yes, I'm aware of the 0 arcana and the lack of a 'real' name. The memory Adept Power ain't for show.

I know it says Completed, but I'm allowed to make edits still.

Edit:

•You may have extra negative Qualities, but they grant no Karma. (Used to increase In Debt, grab E-Witness and Day Job to mitigate it.)
« Last Edit: <06-26-18/1510:42> by Inconnu »

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #1 on: <06-26-18/0557:34> »
A pixie packing a desert strike is a pretty big red flag to me, a personalized grip is not a racial size adjustment.
Further Mysads are just brokenly silly. I'd try and focus down your concept more, and streamline what this character is intended it to do. Pixie concept can commonly lead to these issues, but I would strongly recommend staying away any sort of tech based pixie build. Pixie mages are generally crushingly effective for obvious reasons, and if your gonna run pixie that's what I stick with.  Pixie adept can work but are generally are a dangerous idea given the body restrictions, and the need to develop some sort compromise on the melee weapon question.

How are you getting 7 magic starting?
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

Nephilim

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <06-26-18/0922:55> »
How are you getting 7 magic starting?

He said they can start initiated.

That said, Marcus is right. A pixie handling any sniper rifle is... questionable at best, considering the rifle is probably bigger than they are. The Mysad depends on your table. Yours is pretty clearly for optimization given your spell choice, which always raises some questions. That said, some tables play that way.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <06-26-18/1049:33> »
After initiation cost 10ish its still 35 karma to go from 6 to 7, which isn't in the normal starting point values.  So ether there is another house rule not mentioned or the character is over spent.
Thinking
com
speaking

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <06-26-18/1503:27> »
After initiation cost 10ish its still 35 karma to go from 6 to 7, which isn't in the normal starting point values.  So ether there is another house rule not mentioned or the character is over spent.

Uh...I can spend the amount of karma that I have? I'm built on Karma build, not Priority or Sum-10...

Also...I should probably invest in Strength/Body enhancements of some kind to make the rifle more manageable, but the GM for the game in question approved it.

adzling

« Reply #5 on: <06-26-18/1509:56> »
a pixie with anything larger than a light pistol is, to put it bluntly, insanely ridiculous.

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <06-26-18/1512:43> »
a pixie with anything larger than a light pistol is, to put it bluntly, insanely ridiculous.

Since when was Shadowrun limited to the realm of the sane?

Besides which, since I intend to do all my sniping from the skies(hence the name), it would most likely knock me back a little in the air when fired.

Also, the other players kept suggesting I put Overwatch in Restrictive armor. Which is even more ridiculous.

adzling

« Reply #7 on: <06-26-18/1543:34> »
8” tall person carrying a rifle that weighs about 15 times as much as he does. Let alone the massive recoil impulse. Haha 😆

its akin to a guinea pig trying to lift and carry a barret rifle.

rotflmao.
« Last Edit: <06-26-18/1550:06> by adzling »

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-26-18/1554:10> »
8” tall person carrying a rifle that weighs about 15 times as much as he does. Let alone the massive recoil impulse. Haha 😆

its akin to a guinea pig trying to lift and carry a barret rifle.

rotflmao.

Where the hell are you getting 8 inches?

A pixie is half a meter tall. Hardly unmanageable.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <06-26-18/1555:37> »
Well that makes it fairly clear a rational argument isn't going to be of any use here.
Which put simply is enough to end my involvement with this.
Thinking
com
speaking

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <06-26-18/1557:22> »
Well that makes it fairly clear a rational argument isn't going to be of any use here.

We have agreed to assume it's somehow scaled down or otherwise managed. :P and there is a massive difference between 8 inches and 18 inches....

adzling

« Reply #11 on: <06-26-18/1615:58> »
Haha smaller than a 1 year old carrying a .5 bmg rifle. Hahaha.

“Scaled down” haha

Why not use a mini gun?
Or halberd?

Oh no it’s a flying halberd attack!

But yeah 18 vs 8 inches is correct.

Sorry this is so hilarious I’m peeing my pants.

Nephilim

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <06-26-18/1712:52> »

We have agreed to assume it's somehow scaled down or otherwise managed. :P and there is a massive difference between 8 inches and 18 inches....

A 'massive' difference? Maybe. But certainly not for the substance of this argument. For comparison the M24 sniper rifle used by the USMC, a decent compairson to the Desert Strike is 43 inches long, i.e. over twice as long as your character, and probably weights more too. That's not saying anything with regards to the recoil (which is a bitch) or handling that SoB while flying. So you being 18 inches tall instead of 8 is basically a distinction without a difference. The problem with scaling it down is that scaling it down to a manageable size for a pixie would basically erase everything that makes the Desert Strike useful, specifically range, armor penetration and stopping power. That's simply a function of the amount of space the rifle takes up, and short of magic (of the literal or technological variety) there's no way around it.

However, if it works at your table and your GM is ok with it, then by all means ignore all of us and have a fraggin blast with it. Sounds like a crazy/fun character for a high end pink Mohawk campaign.
« Last Edit: <06-26-18/1718:42> by Nephilim »

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <06-26-18/1715:15> »

A 'massive' difference? Maybe. But certainly not for the substance of this argument. For comparison the M24 sniper rifle used by the USMC, a decent compairson to the Desert Strike is 43 inches long, i.e. over twice as long as your character, and probably weights more too. That's not saying anything with regards to the recoil (which is a bitch) or handling that SoB while flying. So you being 18 inches tall instead of 8 is basically a distinction without a difference. The problem with scaling it down is that scaling it down to a manageable size for a pixie would basically erase everything that makes the Desert Strike useful, specifically range, armor penetration and stopping power. That's simply a function of the amount of space the rifle takes up, and short of magic (of the literal or technological variety) there's no way around it.

However, if it works at your table and your GM is ok with it, then by all means ignore all of us and have a fraggin blast with it. Sounds like a crazy/fun character for a high pink Mohawk campaign.

The funny thing? I'm also (unfortunately) the face, and insisted on trying to keep our run clean because that way we don't leave loose ends.

So far, we've negotiated for one of three items to collect for our first run.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #14 on: <06-26-18/1722:07> »
Pixies and guns don't work.

Why?
Do you want the science behind it?
 OR,
do you want it in picture form?

Both are available by me on these forums, just search "Pixie with guns"....
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.