NEWS

Knight Errant Standard Officer Loadouts

• 48 Replies

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #45 on: <07-30-12/1518:04> »
A case in Glendale, CA got thrown out for hitting a suspect with a maglite. They added it to the training along with tazers, pepper spray, the pr 24 nightstick and firearms.
Glendale is surrounded by LA, and has under 30 on patrol, and could not see them paying a private company to have more on patrol.
Andrew Grim

FlyDog

• Newb
  • Hail to the King, baby!
« Reply #46 on: <07-30-12/1638:57> »
The Maglite was my dad's preferred tool for that sort of thing. 

Ahhh.....the RCMP in the 80s.
"Haven't met a problem yet that can't be solved with my Super Warhawk.  This includes long division."

Mantis

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <07-30-12/1753:32> »
And the 70s and the 60s and even the 90s. Now it's all taser, taser taser. Where is the fun in that?  :P After looking through a few more sources, it would seem the biggest equipment difference between LS and KE cops is the KE ones seem to have wired reflexes level 1 far more often. LS resorts to Jazz, a cheap alternative and much of the gear in the LS source books shows LS as being generally cheap with gear. Armour vest, Ruger Superwarhawks and similar low end gear.
KE seems to spend a little more on common gear, like the Ares Predator but not much else.
Really, one of the reasons to play an alternative campaign like this is to control gear access. The players get issued what they need as the job comes up and the really big toys only come out when needed. I think something that would be useful is to know just what sort of cops campaign is being played here. Detectives? Beat cops? SWAT unit or some sort of special task force guys? They would all be kitted out differently, depending on focus.

Simagal

• Chummer
  • Credo Quia Absurdum
« Reply #48 on: <07-30-12/1934:16> »
I know  a Ventura Country Sheriff who was the last to give up a revolver when he retired about 5 years ago. I also have a friend whose father was on LAPD SWAT in the 1970s the standard weapon was the M1 Grande, now it is a mix that is a based on assignment.
Andrew Grim