NEWS

Player Handouts

• 2 Replies

XelosUchiha

• Newb
  • Sixth World Superstar
« on: <08-21-11/1935:41> »
Hey everyone! I'm not new to GMing but I've decided to take my Shadowrun game to the "next level" so to speak with a packet of player handouts and such things kind of like Shadowrun Missions does it.

Right now I've been using frames for text copied out of the main sourcebook, I've been using cut and paste jackpoint sheets and putting them back together in different ways. It looks okay, and maybe a little amateur but it works, in a makeshift way.

My question for you guys is, what programs could be used to make good handouts? And is there any place you can recommended that has good icons and graphics that are free to use and fit in with the Shadowrun universe? Things like frames, buttons, textures, designs, etc. Also I've been looking for a good place to find character portraits and things like that and haven't found one. Putting together these handouts has been harder than I thought. Any ideas?
"I'm going to have to treat you as if you're a ramming vehicle"

wylie

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #1 on: <08-21-11/2024:26> »
try deviant art for pics

if you can either get hold of Runner's Toolkit, or get someone to send you the quick reference sheets from the kit should help out greatly. the quick reference sheets gives a breakdown on different actions: ranged combat, melee, spellcasting etc.

and in the toolkit are several short stories with the game mechanic breakdown on the side should prove useful as well

http://www.shadowrun4.com/

check out the website for other things

XelosUchiha

• Newb
  • Sixth World Superstar
« Reply #2 on: <08-21-11/2313:00> »
What i'm referring to more are mission specific handouts, not gameplay handouts i guess i didn't make that clear.

I did print off the runner's handbook sheets from my pdf, and they're great. but what i like to hand out are things like pictures of the contacts, pictures of the item they'll steal, maybe a "mission objective" page, maps of the areas, etc

I know I could just paste these into a word document and print them out with no flair, but I want my characters to feel the world, so I'd like for these pages to have a little design, a little Shadowrun flavor, if that makes sense.
"I'm going to have to treat you as if you're a ramming vehicle"