NEWS

Favourite runs

• 7 Replies

Ace

« on: <10-11-17/0917:52> »
Every now and then you get an idea for a run that just makes you smile, you share the idea with people who aren't in your campaign and they love it (even if they have no experience with Shadowrun), then when you actually run it, the players love it.

I want to share with you my favourite run and I'd love to hear your own stories of runs that everyone enjoyed.

The set-up is simple, there is a famous collector who has a warehouse in Kent, Seattle (south of Renton). The team needs to break into the warehouse and steal a leopard which they are to transport across town to Tacoma where it will be shipped to it's buyer across the sea. They need to ensure that the authorities don't follow them to their destination. They are also encouraged to take anything else they like from the warehouse as it would make the subsequent investigation into the leopard's whereabouts that much harder. The warehouse has standard electronic security (locks and cameras) and is guarded by a bound air spirit.

Once they break into the warehouse the team discover that their target isn't a cat;
It is a Leopard 2A8 Main Battle Tank (see 4E's Euro Wars Antiques).

The team must now drive it across town to the smuggler who hired them.

Also of note for this run, for the locations and routes between them I found it quite useful to use Google Maps, the players and I could see the road layouts, how to avoid certain areas and once I got them into a certain area I knew I could ambush them with an enemy of one of the runners.

It wasn't a long campaign that I ran (only five runs) but this was by far everyone's favourite to play.

The Wyrm Ouroboros

• Prime Runner
  • I Have Taken All Shadowrun To Be My Province
« Reply #1 on: <10-16-17/0315:06> »
Monster Island.  A corporation is, for all intents and purposes, creating kaiju, and you've been hired to go in and swipe as much DNA code as you can.  It becomes Jurassic Park, but with dinosaurs twice as large, fast, and mean, and which can do funky paranatural things, like breathe fire - or lightning ...

Fantasy Island.

The Security Test.
« Last Edit: <10-16-17/0324:06> by The Wyrm Ouroboros »
Pananagutan & End/Line

Old As McBean, Twice As Mean
"Oh, gee - it's Go-Frag-Yourself-O'Clock."
New Wyrm!! Now with Twice the Bastard!!

Laés is ... I forget. -PiXeL01
Play the game. Don't try to win it.

GeLrIrToCrH

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <10-16-17/1957:50> »
I always thought desert wars would be fun. Hired by a corp to mess with the others or hired by some old retired runners that just want to throw off this years odds. Plenty of options to steal/sabotage/disable new tech/battle suits/tanks etc

sidslick

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <10-19-17/1624:31> »
In a similar vein to the Desert Wars, the Rad Wars in somewhere like the SOX or around Pripyat (Chernobyl).
Travel the world; meet new people; crush them for all they are worth!

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #4 on: <10-19-17/1656:00> »
Going into the SCIRE during the Shutdown.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #5 on: <10-19-17/2141:33> »
Going into the SCIRE during the Shutdown.

STILL have nightmares from that run.

We started out with 8 runners. 4.75 of us made it out of there. (Damn optional damage rules!)
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

legionof1

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <10-19-17/2206:00> »
4.75  ;D, i have this image of a bag of left limbs only.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #7 on: <10-19-17/2211:57> »
4.75  ;D, i have this image of a bag of left limbs only.

no far off.

Our Sammy lost his left arm at the shoulder to one of Deus' friendly drones. We were able to keep them from bleeding out, but still missing an arm, which meant they were almost next to useless for a large part of the run.

But, he is very happy with his nice shiny chrome arm now.
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.