NEWS

2076 Olypmics

• 7 Replies

Geekman047

• Newb
  • Evil bath cleans you, FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!
« on: <04-15-15/1646:42> »
Anyone ever do any runs based around the Olympics? considering some things and looking for what my fellow Gms may have done for inspiration. :)
« Last Edit: <04-15-15/1648:14> by Geekman047 »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-15-15/1649:06> »
Seattle won the bid for those games, didn't they?
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Geekman047

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <04-15-15/2252:11> »
According to Seattle 2072, They did and there was construction on the Olympic complex going on.

Pixie

« Reply #3 on: <04-15-15/2308:16> »
This is something I was planning on delving into with my game.  Currently it is the beginning of February 2076.  I think the 2076 games are Summer Games, so I'll be introducing them slowly over the next several months of game time.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-16-15/0340:31> »
So you can already start now with sabotage runs on the construction sites, or having someone build in back doors in the software running the big jumbotrons and TV cameras, so people can take over for a short while and put their own message in (like eco-terrorists, or other, more regular ones).  More than enough to do before the games start.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Geekman047

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-25-15/0549:17> »
I was thinking along some other lines, like compromise the rooms that athletes will be staying in. i.e.: hidden cameras, or other things like harmful construction materials. Stealing ritual samples from incoming athletes. Or the small but vicious turf wars that may occur between the organized crime families bookies staking out betting territory. Using the games as cover for all kinds of extraction jobs. Getting into the mess of intelligence operations surrounding government and corporate officials visiting the games. Someone provides prostitutes, drugs, and entertainment to the Olympic Village. If not for the athletes then for their handlers. Anyone have any Ideas along those lines?

psycho835

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-25-15/0705:44> »

cantrip

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <04-27-15/1440:10> »
I could also see a Matrix version of the olympics taking place at the same time as the physical version where everything is in VR -- Data Diving, IC Hockey (whole different game in the matrix!), Drone Shooting etc. Heck, you could just have a VR version of each sport along with some unique events.