NEWS

Shadowrunner vs Cat

• 4 Replies

OneofSorrow

• Chummer
« on: <10-05-13/0329:51> »
Having run a few grim dark gang fights and missions where we have to kidnap scientists and steal data I thought I would mix things up and have the runners do something fun for a change.  The mission is simple they are hired to replace a rich guys cat with a specialized type of cat with a pair of cybernetic recording eyes and commlink to spy on this guy and record corporate secrets.  The catch is the particular cat that the owner has is a Black Berry cat unknown to the owner the cat managed to weasel its way into the house of the owner and has been using its powers to manipulate people to be pampered and live in the lap of luxury.  I was wondering if my fellow GMs might have some suggestions for this campaign outside of watching hardened street samurai chasing around a cat that is nearly impossible to catch. 

Caradoc

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <10-05-13/0530:47> »
Catnip and sleeping gas?

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <10-05-13/1715:34> »
Finding out that the cat has RFID tags on it or its collar that will need to be switched over to the "new" cat
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

OneofSorrow

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <10-05-13/1746:54> »
Oh I like the tag idea I am going to use that. 

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <10-11-13/1418:49> »
I GM'd a similar game a few years ago where the runners had to break into a zoo and extract a couple penguins. The penguins were not excited about the plan and so they jumped into the water and swam off. Hilarity ensued.

For the life of me I can't remember how the runners finally got their hands on the penguins. There might have been a drone with a claw attached which allowed the dronomancer to use his knowledge of arcade games (specifically the claw/crane machine) to snag the penguins.

As for ideas for your campaign, have the cat compel the household staff to defend it. The runners need to be stealthy so that the switcheroo isn't detected, so they can't use lethal force on the French chef that charges them with a butcher's knife, or the maid that sprays bleach at their eyes, or the butler that levels them with devastating barbs about their manners and hygiene.