NEWS

[5e OOC] Sunt Venatores Venationem

• 1158 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #90 on: <01-19-15/1128:59> »
The more I think about this plan, the more I wish I'd brought the nade launcher.

Until you guys leave the RV you're free to adjust your loadout as you see fit.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #91 on: <01-20-15/0140:26> »
All right, IC post up, sorry for the delay.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #92 on: <01-20-15/0150:34> »
I'm gonna play it like Becca brought the nade laucnher, AND that you guys loaned her enough of those sawdust grenades to fill up a clip.
Once you guys had explained to her about vampire weaknesses and all that and she'd noticed the grenades, she would have asked if they were flashbangs, and if those worked on vampires. I feel like you guys would have explained what they were and she would have asked to borrow a clip. Cool?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #93 on: <01-20-15/0154:27> »
Achak has 3 sawdust minigrenades. He would loan them to Rebecca since he's not planning on taking a grenade launcher, but 3 is pretty far from a full clip. Stake has 10 but might want some for himself.

Achak would also lend his suppressed Ares Alpha to Stake, if Stake preferred it to his own.

8-bit

« Reply #94 on: <01-20-15/0155:10> »
All right, just as the minorest of retcons, I have to ask rednblack.

Can I assume I brought another clip of Sawdust Grenades (4 for my Alpha), and that I gave it to Sister Rebecca? Just to make everything work. That would mean my gear layout would be 8 Sawdust Grenades (-4 that I gave to Sister Rebecca), as opposed to the original 4.

And Stake would accept the Ares Alpha. Cause his player, 8-bit, is an idiot and didn't buy a silencer.

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #95 on: <01-20-15/0228:24> »
@rednblack
Let us know how much proactive rolling you prefer, or if you'd rather we wait for you to call for it.

Sneaking: Agility 5 + Sneaking 6 + Urban 2 + Catlike 2: 15d6t5 2 hits, Orokos is still in a mood

Audio Perception: Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Hearing 2 + Earbuds 3: 17d6t5 5 hits, plus or minus whatever modifiers you see fit (proximity, ambient noise, etc.).

Magic Sense: It occurs to me I have no idea how to roll this. Street Grimoire says treat it as the Detect Magic spell, but that spell requires a Magic+Spellcasting test. Adepts generally don't have Spellcasting so I don't know how that is supposed to work. I might suggest Magic+Perception, which is what Motion Sense uses. Magic 6 + Perception 6: 12d6t5 5 hits, range is 60 meters. Detects "all foci, spells, wards, magical lodges, alchemical preparations, active rituals, and spirits".

Let me know if Lockpicking rolls are needed. If so, what kind of lock is it? (This affects which B&E tool to use.)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #96 on: <01-20-15/0836:50> »
@8-bit, retconning is fine until the team exits the Bulldog.

@Tecumseh, all, proactive rolling is always a good thing.  Audio perception is tricky with the rain and other ambient noises of the Barrens, but Achak swears that there's a dripping coming from the basement, apart from the general sounds of rain.  No hit on Magic Sense.

ETA: Achak will need to use the mini-welder to cut through the grate.  It shouldn't take more than a minute or two.
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0839:02> by rednblack »
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #97 on: <01-20-15/2209:46> »
There's a small ledge about a meter down, then a dust-covered and broken window leading into the basement.

I presume the window is large enough for us to enter. Is it locked? If so, Achak will attempt to lockpick it. If it can't be picked, he'll break it.

8-bit

« Reply #98 on: <01-20-15/2248:13> »
I'm going to go on the same route as Tecumseh and do a couple of rolls.

Make myself stealthy-like (Sneaking 1 + Agility 6): 7d6t5 4 [1, 3, 3, 6, 5, 5, 6]

Visual Perception (activating the Thermographic Vision in his Cybereyes).

I'm not sure if the Specifically Looking bonus would apply, so I didn't add it.

Visual Perception (Intuition 5 + Perception 6 + Specialization 2 + Vision Enhancement 3): 16d6t5 7 [3, 6, 6, 1, 2, 5, 6, 5, 1, 6, 3, 3, 3, 4, 6, 3]

Audio Perception as well.

Audio Perception (Intuition 5 + Perception 6): 11d6t5 5 [5, 4, 5, 4, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 2, 3]

Edit: Forgot that my Ballistic Mask has Audio Enhancement 2. Here are the extra dice.

Audio Enhancement 2: 2d6t5 1 [5, 2]

That's 6 hits total. Not too bad.

Stake is entering from the other entrance, not with Achak and Sister Rebecca; so maybe he'll see something they don't. Here's to hoping he doesn't get jumped immediately.
« Last Edit: <01-21-15/0025:10> by 8-bit »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #99 on: <01-21-15/0040:55> »
Sight perception: 8d6t5 1 (using thermal)

Hearing perception: 10d6t5 5

sneaky: 9d6t5 2

consider her to be astrally perceiving unless noted otherwise.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #100 on: <01-21-15/0054:22> »
I'll throw down a visual perception roll too, using the low-light flashlight on the Ares Crusader to negate light penalties (or, more specifically, to move the Light modifier up to the point where low-light vision can negate it). Intuition 6 + Perception 6 + Vision Enhancement 3: 15d6t5 4

Off to a slow start with the dice. 16 hits on 59 dice = 27%. Katsina was the same way for her first 100-120 dice or so in Tabula Rasa.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #101 on: <01-21-15/1107:58> »
The window isn't locked, more stuck-like when Achak tries it.  It's already broken, but in order to fit through, you'll need to break it the rest of the way. 

Achak's low-light + flashlight show a 1.5ish meter drop and then water.  It appears as though the entire basement is flooded.  From what you can see, the basement is a rectangle, and the window leads in at about the halfway mark.  In the center of the room, there are a number of old washing machines that have been pulled together, and there is some sort of planking -- maybe old park bench seats? -- set between them with 3 generators on top.  The wiring is held to the ceiling support beams with what looks to be wire hangers, and the lines run to the far upper-right corner of the basement, where it looks like there is either another room or a staircase.  Nothing is moving in the basement.

Sister Rebecca's thermographic vision picks up the generators, but nothing else seems to be warm down there.  Nothing seems astrally active either.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

8-bit

« Reply #102 on: <01-22-15/1120:31> »
So, does Stake not see/hear anything else different from them? Just making sure before I make an IC post.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #103 on: <01-22-15/1126:32> »
So, does Stake not see/hear anything else different from them? Just making sure before I make an IC post.

Sorry, I didn't address Stake.  Mostly, he notices what the other's have.  In thermographic, Stake notices the faintest of warm signals on the walls along the water line, mold growth, if he had to hazard a guess.  That makes him think that the basement has been flooded for some time.  Also, from the height of the washers, Stake would guess that the water is mid-thigh to waist deep.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #104 on: <01-23-15/0043:07> »
Premio y castigo is the Spanish equivalent of "carrot and the stick". They also use the "carrot and the stick" literally translated, but I liked the rhythm of premio y castigo better. (If other people speak Spanish then tell me so that I don't feel the need to explain each time.)

According to an earlier post there are two rear entrances to the building. Achak is going to investigate to see if he can slip in quietly.