NEWS

"What Shadowrun 5e Books Have Been Released So Far?" Should Be an Easy Question

• 8 Replies

Bewilderbeast

• Omae
« on: <03-17-16/2231:08> »
So Shadowrun has kind of a Google problem. I'm returning to Shadowrun after a long hiatus, and I was curious... what books have been released for 5e so far? Before I stopped playing, only Run Faster had come out, but I assumed more had been released since. I tried to solve this simple problem by typing "Shadowrun 5e books" into Google. Your first hit is this page:

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products/

Which appears to have not been updated since 5e's launch, and speaks only about core rulebooks for 5e "in the future." Weird. Well, I guess they haven't gotten around to updating it yet? Either way, I know what I'm looking for is what they term "core rulebooks," so I look on their site at the "Core Rulebooks" page and get this:

http://www.shadowruntabletop.com/products/e-books/

Which again only lists Run Faster, which I already knew came out. Is that really the only one? Either they really need to update their website, or CLG gave up on Shadowrun 5e shortly after I did, I guess. But I know some core supplementals exist for 5e, so I head over to Drive Thru RPG to try and find them.

I do a search, simply selecting the Shadowrun and 5th Edition categories:

... and my result is a single, obscure PDF. In German. Um...

So what's the deal? Why is news on new Shadowrun books so sluggish on the Internet? Also, seriously, what core supplementals are out? Because I want to get back into the game. It looks like Run Faster, Chrome Flesh and Street Grimoire, with Rigger 5.0 currently on pre-order, right?
« Last Edit: <03-17-16/2236:36> by Bewilderbeast »
"Dialogue"
<<Matrix/Comm>>
"Astral"
Thoughts

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #1 on: <03-17-16/2254:54> »
Official channels are garbage. Go with the fan sites.

http://criticalglitch.com/?page_id=563

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-17-16/2316:42> »
HEY!

There is a page just for upcoming products, and a page that list all of the available products. I'd make a separate page, but no one uses the tumblr pages I've already made, so why bother?
« Last Edit: <03-17-16/2319:28> by Crimsondude »

DeathStrobe

• Omae
  • Front Range Free Decker
« Reply #3 on: <03-17-16/2325:07> »
Oh hey, that's even more up to date then critical glitch's. Guess I got to change that link on /r/shadowrun to the tumblr.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-18-16/0534:38> »
Crimsondude
That's great and all, but if, like the OP and myself before him, you're returning to Shadowrun or new to it entirely, you're unfortunately not going to find the tumbler unless you happen to (s)tumble on it by accident.

The fact that the Catalyst website and webstore doesn't easily list which books are where is... yeah, not great.

Club

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <03-26-16/1943:32> »
Social media migration is a problem that afflicts many websites. If there was a link to a page that could be accessed without signing up (NOT facebook) it would be less of a problem

But yes, it does make me think that Catalyst is being shockingly unprofessional about this.

revan.be

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <04-07-16/1013:08> »
Social media migration is a problem that afflicts many websites. If there was a link to a page that could be accessed without signing up (NOT facebook) it would be less of a problem

But yes, it does make me think that Catalyst is being shockingly unprofessional about this.
In other news....
-The sky is blue.
SR5 archetypesof all races needed , add art male/female art if possible http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=12881.30

paw9000

• Newb
  • Can we make the blood flow up the walls?
« Reply #7 on: <04-26-16/1823:11> »
yeah, I love shadowrun and I want to give them more of my money but they make it really had to find out how to do that.

Ragnarok

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <04-29-16/0916:03> »
Drivethrurpg.com is where I go for anything Shadowrun book related.
"More human than human" is our motto.
- Tyrell, Bladerunner