NEWS

Street cred in Chicago

• 36 Replies

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #30 on: <11-10-13/1804:31> »
Extra Social Dice aren't even clear whether they're meant to happen. Which kinda makes it hard to figure out if Street Cred is supposed to boost your Negotiation Test dicepools in Missions. I hope not, because it'd make Negotiation Tests bloat way too easily: 6 Charisma, 6 Negotiation, 6 Street Cred, 6+ Teamwork Hits (easy if the teammates also have +SC dice) means 3 hits more than the Johnson on average even before Edge, and Runners love using Edge on Negotiation Tests.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #31 on: <11-10-13/1922:09> »
This is a situation for the official SR5 FAQ to handle, not Missions, since it's pretty low impact overall.  (And yes, I consider Negotiation tests low impact. :) )

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #32 on: <11-10-13/1934:21> »
So no official "Johnsons hate you because you're a smartass idiot" rules for Missions, check. :) Shame, was wondering what'd happen if you hit PA 3 and encounter Lone Star. Maybe some of the missions will employ Notoriety and PA, a man can dream. ^_^
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #33 on: <11-11-13/0025:59> »
We may cover that in the future.  And there may be specific situations pop up where a Public Awareness or Notoriety check may come into play, but that's stuff taht would likely be written into the adventure. 

I can just see it now...  You show up to rescue the hostage, and she recognizes Gorefang the Merciless, ork Street Sammy with a Notority of 10, so she goes crazy and attacks thinking he's there to rape and kill her.:)

Dinendae

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <11-11-13/0513:31> »

I can just see it now...  You show up to rescue the hostage, and she recognizes Gorefang the Merciless, ork Street Sammy with a Notority of 10, so she goes crazy and attacks thinking he's there to rape and kill her.:)

:o

Erm, sounds like Gorefang needs to find a different 'hobby.'

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #35 on: <11-11-13/0911:38> »
Does't matter what Gorefang's current hobby is.  he has a really bad rep.  People automatically think the absolute worst by default, it's human nature.

And Notoriety is not supposed o be happy and shiney.  It's a penalty for acting like a jackass psychopath.

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #36 on: <11-13-13/1929:06> »
Are you talking about the 1-10 table on page 373?  That's Public Awareness, not Street Cred.  God willing, your Public Awareness isn't already 13  ;)

My 4th ed Missions mage ended up with a PA score of like 14, or it would be if the scale allowed ratings that high.

It made for some moments of hilarity, because he apparantly had a TV show and toy line based off him, without his consent.

"Oh my god, you're that guy from the Equalizer 2073 show!"

-k