NEWS

Sixth Ed Distribution

• 22 Replies

Hephaestus

• Omae
  • "Milk Run" is a mighty weird way to spell TPK
« on: <06-11-19/1343:15> »
Sorry in this has been asked before, but do we have any listing of which places will be selling the 6th ed starter boxes? The game is set to launch in 12 days, and none of my LGSs have any idea what I'm talking about. The only link I have found is on CSI, and I'm not sure if it is an official pre-order.
« Last Edit: <06-11-19/1346:06> by Hephaestus »

Shinobi Killfist

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <06-11-19/1349:03> »
Apparently alliance has it for pre order well everything but the super special $200 edition. So my store put in preorders for me. So if your store orders through alliance they should be able to find it. Maybe if they’d post the skews retailers might be able to find it easier.

Hephaestus

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <06-11-19/1354:02> »
I'm still waiting on the Rigger Dossier before I commit to pre-ordering anything, but yeah it would be good to know the product SKWs so I could.

Moonrunner

• Chummer
« Reply #3 on: <06-12-19/0617:15> »
The Beginner Box supposedly debuts at Origins today.  I wonder how long it will take to show up in local gaming stores. 

I wonder if they will still have copies by the time I get off work at 5:30 today.

Masablasta

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <06-12-19/1814:23> »
The Beginner Box supposedly debuts at Origins today.  I wonder how long it will take to show up in local gaming stores. 

I wonder if they will still have copies by the time I get off work at 5:30 today.
If you're going to Origins, would you be willing/able to pick up an extra copy of the bigginer box for a fellow fan who wasn't able to make it out this weekend?

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <06-12-19/2155:18> »
I'm still a bit confused on this: The box will be available at Origins, but is it also shipping to retailers as well, or do we have to wait longer before it ships? If the latter, is there any mention of an expected ship date?

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #6 on: <06-12-19/2337:01> »
I'm still a bit confused on this: The box will be available at Origins, but is it also shipping to retailers as well, or do we have to wait longer before it ships? If the latter, is there any mention of an expected ship date?
The street date outside of Origins is July 10th. Don't expect it before then, even if pre-ordered on Catalyst's store.

Singularity

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <06-13-19/0013:56> »
The street date outside of Origins is July 10th. Don't expect it before then, even if pre-ordered on Catalyst's store.

Ah, thank you!

Hephaestus

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <06-14-19/1416:27> »
So then I guess my follow-up question to all this is: Why is the web page displaying an edition launch of June 23rd, if nothing but the Streetpedia will be available until July 10th? I mean, if you didn't get a chance to go to (or be ninja'd for at) Origins, then your sitting on a 2 1/2 week gap without usable product.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #9 on: <06-14-19/1723:19> »
There is a difference between Launch Date and Street Date. Launch is when the product is available to a small group of individuals and industry people. At Origins, they brought a set number of the products to get the ball running and see how much interest is in it. Street Date is set for when they expect to have all of the product ready and available for the general public and distribution.

Hephaestus

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <06-14-19/2000:32> »
There is a difference between Launch Date and Street Date. Launch is when the product is available to a small group of individuals and industry people. At Origins, they brought a set number of the products to get the ball running and see how much interest is in it. Street Date is set for when they expect to have all of the product ready and available for the general public and distribution.

I get the difference. I also understand that production takes far more than a month, and longer than that to get it received, packaged, and shipped to distributors (assuming they don't drop-ship from the manufacturer straight to the distributors), so at this point they've most likely already finished their first run of the products. That means regardless of interest at Origins, they will still have a mountain of finished product to sell.

But since the starter boxes aren't out until July (was June in their Product Line-up post, but I guess that was just for people going to Origins), and the Core book isn't out until at least August, it feels a little disingenuous to say the Edition is "releasing" in just under 9 days. Just one person's opinion though.

Edit: I'll add to that, they have already sent out pre-release copies to Shadowcaster's Network and other game media outlets for unboxings, reviews, and demos, so I am wondering which small groups and industry people you're referring to.
« Last Edit: <06-14-19/2003:07> by Hephaestus »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <06-14-19/2309:52> »
In the past, they have expedited small numbers of product for shows like Origins (either by having the printed locally or flying in) and I expect this year is no different. My guess is that the the digital version will release on the 23rd.

Tan Tin Geile

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <06-15-19/0319:58> »

I get the difference. I also understand that production takes far more than a month, and longer than that to get it received, packaged, and shipped to distributors (assuming they don't drop-ship from the manufacturer straight to the distributors), so at this point they've most likely already finished their first run of the products. That means regardless of interest at Origins, they will still have a mountain of finished product to sell.

But since the starter boxes aren't out until July (was June in their Product Line-up post, but I guess that was just for people going to Origins), and the Core book isn't out until at least August, it feels a little disingenuous to say the Edition is "releasing" in just under 9 days. Just one person's opinion though.

Edit: I'll add to that, they have already sent out pre-release copies to Shadowcaster's Network and other game media outlets for unboxings, reviews, and demos, so I am wondering which small groups and industry people you're referring to.

Personally I totally agree with you. From my perspective provided time line is more than confiusing and maybe worth is to supply community ( not small group of individuals or industry people) with an estimated dates of releases.

Edit: ok, in Origin post we have dates. BTW: anyone know soething about release date for different countries( i.e UK)?
« Last Edit: <06-15-19/0322:33> by Tan Tin Geile »

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <06-15-19/1034:37> »
I'm not sure how accurate these dates are, but Asmodee UK (Esdevium Games Ltd.) has the Streetpedia slated for release on week of June 17. My guess is that your FLGS should be able to reach out to their distributor to get a more accurate estimate

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #14 on: <06-16-19/1350:08> »
Annoying part of dates is that I don't know when the NDAs expire... -,- Ahwell, I'll just shut up about Beginner Box until I know for sure it's out there in the open.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!