NEWS

Looking for a player or two to add to group in St Paul, MN

• 4 Replies

Coldbringer

• Newb
« on: <01-15-11/1539:06> »
We have had a bit of attrition in my Shadowrun game due to real life so i am looking for a couple of new players, I aim for a more RP heavy game with some combat to make it exciting.
Drop me a line if there is any one interested, of we try and play every other Sunday afternoon at a minimum.
http://veggeek.wordpress.com
Gaming, pop culture and what not.

jonmierow

• Newb
« Reply #1 on: <02-03-11/1625:48> »
Is this still the case or has the slot been filled? I'm curious because I've been interested in Shadowrun but haven't been able to find a group. My own gaming group disbanded years ago and I've recently been getting the itch to get back into gaming again. I love the social aspect of gaming and really miss that part of it.

I know there are a couple of big strikes against me:

1) I'm a total Shadowrun neophyte
2) We don't know each other (personalities, play styles, etc)

Maybe this isn't a big deal, or maybe it is. I'll leave that for you to decide. If you're looking for someone with at least some basic knowledge of the Shadowrun system I understand. If that's the case, maybe you can point out if there are any stores or areas in the Twin Cities that a group like this might gather at, or be open to a new player? I've toyed around with trying to see if my old gaming group would be willing to work it all out online with tools like Skype, shared Google docs, etc. They were more of the D&D type so I don't know that after all these years if they'd be willing to try it out or not. Thanks in advance.

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <02-06-11/1123:06> »
Sorry it took me so long to reply, being new to the rules is not a big issue, its not an overly complex game anf the various subsystems work decently together.
As far as play style, its a lot more character driven. Fights are usually few and far between as the group tends to look for the quite solution to the problem, although I do like people who look for the loud option to solve a problem.

How much of the back ground have you read on the game worl?

jonmierow

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <02-08-11/0500:25> »
No worries. Work has been picking up on my end so my free time online has diminished a bit.

It seems that what I've read so far does point in a more character driven rpg than a hack-n-slash type.

As far as the game world, I've been reading up on any various sites that I can find. Looks like there were some shifts with the newest edition of the game, but the world itself is very interesting. The way I understand it is that the world is set in the near future (2070's) has now been awakened (for lack of a better description). It's a meld of fantasy, modern & futuristic. There are humans, meta-humans, spirits, magic, cybernetic enhancements and so on. Sounds like it takes some of the best of various genres and pulls them together nicely.

Coldbringer

• Newb
« Reply #4 on: <02-12-11/1040:15> »
So any character concept rolling around in your head? The current character roster is very magic heavy.