NEWS

Seattle road map

• 96 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-30-11/0224:38> »
uhm...we have like 8 people right now...maybe? It's at Arc's house, so it is up to him and his wife.

I have no problem with it, it's my wife and my wallet that do.
Living the Electronic Dream

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #31 on: <09-30-11/1140:37> »
uhm...we have like 8 people right now...maybe? It's at Arc's house, so it is up to him and his wife.

I have no problem with it, it's my wife and my wallet that do.

Ha! I know exactly what you mean! My house being the host and all.... a lot of money goes to food it seems. (we've cut it down by limiting the "game day" to just saturday but we used to have it Friday AND Saturday.)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #32 on: <09-30-11/1243:11> »
People can always contribute more of their own stuff to the game, so the cash flow issue can be lessened.
The biggest problem is SPACE. We are pretty full with 8 people in a small apartment, and a large group like that is kind of unwieldy...I don't know about Arc, but I fear my own GMing skills would be stretched to their limit with another player.

So...sorry man.

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-30-11/1251:48> »
I've done groups as large as 13.  Yeah it was crazy but there are tricks.  As for space, yeah it is a bit cramped.  I am still playing with an idea for a Shadowrun Convention at the Tacoma Convention Center.  I think it would be awesome.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #34 on: <09-30-11/1301:22> »
I've done groups as large as 13.  Yeah it was crazy but there are tricks.  As for space, yeah it is a bit cramped.  I am still playing with an idea for a Shadowrun Convention at the Tacoma Convention Center.  I think it would be awesome.

Yeah, again I have the SAME situation here. The usual cliche is there is NO ONE in your area to play. Well it's the opposite here with both DnD and Shadowrun it seems.

We are in an 3 bedroom appartment 2 bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. We play in the living room/kitchen. The hardest DM/GM problem i'm having is the TV my mom is watching off to the side distracts players a lot but we don't have anywhere else to play. The rooms are barely big enough as is. Seat space is sometimes an issue. Then the pet peeve of having a cell, laptop(unless it's the DM looking up things on his computer for the game), or other electronic devices. I'm afraid not everyone in my group has the focus to maintain the game running smoothly. (that and sometimes I have to think what's coming next :P)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-30-11/1311:24> »

Yeah, again I have the SAME situation here. The usual cliche is there is NO ONE in your area to play. Well it's the opposite here with both DnD and Shadowrun it seems.

We are in an 3 bedroom appartment 2 bathrooms, a living room and a kitchen. We play in the living room/kitchen. The hardest DM/GM problem i'm having is the TV my mom is watching off to the side distracts players a lot but we don't have anywhere else to play. The rooms are barely big enough as is. Seat space is sometimes an issue. Then the pet peeve of having a cell, laptop(unless it's the DM looking up things on his computer for the game), or other electronic devices. I'm afraid not everyone in my group has the focus to maintain the game running smoothly. (that and sometimes I have to think what's coming next :P)

I know how that is.  It used to be that I would have a core of like 4 or 5 people to play every weekend.  Since coming to Washington, my core group has gone to 8 total, with no transients.  It's insane.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <09-30-11/1325:09> »
Well back on topic, I think it's generally a good idea to pick a place your familiar with so you can work the general layout into your games. I've only been to seattle a few times but I know Puyallup Area(wastelands now but eh), and Spanaway (which i don't think is included in shadowrun at all) pretty well.

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #37 on: <10-01-11/0258:44> »
Spanaway is included as "Puyallup" in SR IIRC. I live there now, but I'd have to check the Seattle books to be sure. If it is, then Kong-Wal-Mart is just down the street!

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #38 on: <10-03-11/1432:13> »
Spanaway is included as "Puyallup" in SR IIRC. I live there now, but I'd have to check the Seattle books to be sure. If it is, then Kong-Wal-Mart is just down the street!

Lol if so I know exactly where that one is I bet. Used to be close to where I went to school around the Bethel. Went to Shining mountain elementary, and if I remember right the Walmart was down the road through a light, and a little bit more up the road accross from a Gamestop. :D Though o.O spanaway being included in Puyallup area eh.... I'll have to take a look at that.

fexes

• Newb
« Reply #39 on: <11-13-11/1331:48> »
I just finished my seattle maps. It's Seattle in the 2050s but I think you can also use them for the 2070s.

Pacific Northwest:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Pacific_Northwest_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A3, ca. 6 MB)
Seattle Districts:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Seattle_Districts_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A1, ca. 19 MB)
Seattle Downtown:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Seattle_Downtown_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A3, ca. 1 MB)

tzizimine

• Omae
  • Yes, I misspelled tzitzimeme...
« Reply #40 on: <11-13-11/1546:02> »
@fexes...

+1 for the whole official cartographer looking maps... Bravo
"When in doubt, cause trouble. When in trouble, cause doubt."

My Cheat Sheet in pdf

beowulf_of_wa

• Omae
  • just say no to rotary assault cannons and bubba.
« Reply #41 on: <11-13-11/1621:17> »
yeah, my whole stomping ground is either ft lewis or kitsap peninsula (so another bloody country)

as for the ferries, i seriously doubt they would be running the same routes, as most non-amerind people were booted from everywhere. they might have a ferry running from downtown to everett and to tacoma, but not much more than that.
Carpe Noctem (seize the night)
Carpe per Diem (seize the pay), Carpe Dentum (seize the teeth), Carpe Denim (seize the pants)
Carpe Panem (seize the bread/capital)

no, i won't "just get over it."

NERPS!! for idiocy! NERPS!! for the minty fresh feeling! NERPS!! for gods! NERPS!! for guard duty!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #42 on: <11-13-11/2023:06> »
@fexes...

+1 for the whole official cartographer looking maps... Bravo

I'll second this. Great maps there. Gonna use 'em next time I run a game.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Fizzygoo

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <11-13-11/2151:18> »
Here's my Google Earth kmz pak (www.fizzygoo.com/Sr/Support/SR4_North_America.kmz) for the unfinished project. But, North America is done. Note in opening the sub folders there is a Denver folder, unchecked (checking it will display the sectors of Denver, but you should uncheck "Denver" in the nations boxes. The opposite runs true for Seattle; the Seattle folder (with the sectors, and two major buildings) is checked, but the National level outline of Seattle is unchecked.

Best used if the Google Earth default Borders & Labels are turned off, as well as everything else that is included in Google Earth save roads and 3D buildings.
Member of the ITA gaming podcast, including live Shadowrun 5th edition games: On  iTunes and Podbay

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <11-14-11/1448:37> »
I just finished my seattle maps. It's Seattle in the 2050s but I think you can also use them for the 2070s.

Pacific Northwest:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Pacific_Northwest_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A3, ca. 6 MB)
Seattle Districts:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Seattle_Districts_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A1, ca. 19 MB)
Seattle Downtown:
http://www.fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Seattle_Downtown_(lowres).pdf (Format: DIN A3, ca. 1 MB)

I love you whoever you are. xD Plutonically of course. xD