NEWS

Equipment for defeating (cyberware) scanners

• 7 Replies

Teknodragon

• Omae
« on: <01-27-11/1502:00> »
Been working on building an infiltration character, and having a hard time finding gear that will help smuggle cyber and other gear past scanners. I'd really like this character to not have to use con to explain to the nice security goon just why she has all that sensor cyberware...  ::)

However, if such gear is there, my eyes keep skipping over it. Any suggestions?
Life is short, the night is long, and we still have ammo.

savaze

• Omae
  • I'm a zombie/quadriplegic hybrid
« Reply #1 on: <01-27-11/1659:54> »
Depends on the direction you want to go.  You should probably go the Bio/Nano/Gene route.

-or-

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #2 on: <01-27-11/1704:39> »
There's also my reaction... "Wait, an infiltrator who doesn't expect to need to use the Con skill!?"

Also, that's what fake licenses are for.
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

Morg

« Reply #3 on: <01-27-11/1736:52> »
1. Get your own Cyberware scanner
2. Get Radar absorbing and radar reflecting paint
3. Apply said paint to the inside of clothing in a mixture of reflecting and absorbing paint until the scanner thinks it is something else

however you will still need the Con skill if questioned so bust out that edge if you don't want to use Con

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <01-27-11/1918:00> »
Regarding the Con skill, of course the face will have a decent score there; I just find it reasonable to not have to undo a screwup. :)

Chaemera

• Omae
  • I may be a mouse, but I have a chainsaw.
« Reply #5 on: <01-27-11/1959:25> »
Regarding the Con skill, of course the face will have a decent score there; I just find it reasonable to not have to undo a screwup. :)

The Face won't be the one who has to explain why he's in the middle of a heavily secured facility with his hands on the McGuffin. The Face is outside discussing the finer points of red wines with the Head of the heavily secured facility's security so that a general alarm gets largely ignored if YOU can't bullshit your way out of screwing up your infiltration check.

Also, what Morg said,
SR20A Limited Edition # 124
Obsidian Portal Profile: http://www.obsidianportal.com/profile/chaemera

topcat

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: <01-27-11/2012:45> »
Never hurts to have a hacker around...

Teknodragon

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <01-27-11/2039:31> »
1. Get your own Cyberware scanner
2. Get Radar absorbing and radar reflecting paint
3. Apply said paint to the inside of clothing in a mixture of reflecting and absorbing paint until the scanner thinks it is something else

however you will still need the Con skill if questioned so bust out that edge if you don't want to use Con

While I've just seen RAM paint for vehicles, sounds like a reasonable thing to do.

Never hurts to have a hacker around...

No kidding. R5 Exploit and a low-end cracking skillsoft is for the little stuff.

The Face won't be the one who has to explain why he's in the middle of a heavily secured facility with his hands on the McGuffin. The Face is outside discussing the finer points of red wines with the Head of the heavily secured facility's security so that a general alarm gets largely ignored if YOU can't bullshit your way out of screwing up your infiltration check.

Heh. In this case, stealth-Face concept. Social skills for getting people to give her the tour, or to convince them that she just 'got lost trying to find the bathroom' or such. Also, full of skills and gear for B&E, thus the Exploit, Spoof, Sniffer, and Decrypt. Her only Restricted cyberware is Wired Reflexes and a Smartlink; the rest of her cyber is non-R, non-F.

I'd best leave it there, lest I stray further into ramblings better suited to the chargen forum. Thanks for your advice--especially as I've never played a face before.