NEWS

Hallejuah! Grenades work again!

• 111 Replies

sylanna

• Newb
« Reply #105 on: <08-21-13/1607:56> »
Thank you for your elaborations.
"Scatter" does not have to be the same thing as "bouncing".
They simply hit the ceiling, wall, floor, a piece of furniture or a tree branch or whatever between the target and themselves and the grenade detonated.

Motion sensor grenades use standard ranged rules (target get to use reaction+intuition to avoid it). As long as they get one net hit or more the grenade will hit their target (and not scatter at all).
My problem occurs in a very specific situation with impact triggers. By the rules it is possible, that you shoot at a target 20m away from you, the target wins the opposing test and the scatter roll is 2 for direction and 16 for range. This means that you shot the grenade 4m in front of you. The grenade didn't leave the safety zone...it couldn't have, because it is impossible (except when you are glitching) for this type of triggered grenade to bounce from something and come back. So the grenade would just lie there and do nothing. But the rules state, that the grenade explodes immediately after scattering. How can I give a logic explanation for the grenade being primed although it didn't travel more than 5 meters?

The purpose of the Airburst link is to detonate wireless grenades for you.
Both your grenade launcher and your mini grenades need to have Wireless ON.
[...]
So technically I got a motion triggered grenade, that uses a success test instead of an opposing test to hit?

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #106 on: <08-21-13/1615:04> »
Then it wouldn't go off and the player is a horrible shot.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #107 on: <08-21-13/1713:20> »
Of course the rules don't explicitly state so, so maybe someone simply didn't check the dictionary when coming up with the name. Definitely needs some clearer explicit statement if they do let you make them go boom.
Yes, an explanation would not hurt.
(I have previous knowledge of what Air-Burst means so for me it felt kinda obvious what the attachment would be used for).

So technically I got a motion triggered grenade, that uses a success test instead of an opposing test to hit?
Basically, yes.
(but your grenade launcher and your motion triggered grenades does not have to have wireless ON, the airburst link [smartgun] grenade launcher and the wireless triggered grenades, do).

Then it wouldn't go off and the player is a horrible shot.
^This
(or for even more fun, let it bounce 4m away from the player... Make a new scatter roll from that point and then let it detonate when it reach the new destination. pinball dreams, extreme edition?).

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #108 on: <08-21-13/1721:55> »
It might get worse: Scatter test puts the grenade 6m behind the gunner.  Grenade goes off and kills the mage.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #109 on: <08-21-13/1732:37> »
That's why the Loony with the grenades is OUTSIDE the Physical Barrier.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie

Xenon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #110 on: <08-21-13/1739:59> »
when they wrote "Grenades using a motion sensor are extremely dangerous." I don't think they meant that it is extremely dangerous for your your opponents ;)

Silence

• Omae
  • I swear, I'm innocent. Just ask the nuns.
« Reply #111 on: <08-21-13/1917:50> »
You obviously never ran with the guy who booby-trapped the hell out of a room, then went back in without disarming anything to get his toothbrush.
"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is no longer your friend" - every instructor out there

"Maybe in your case, but he's a great buddy I'm leaving behind." - Siouxsie