NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #975 on: <08-22-15/0358:08> »
O'Connor took his credstick and checked the balance. The burned i.ds and papers were going to be costly to replace, but then again he could also burn through this credstick and maybe get back with those two girls from the club. He had a truly monumental decision to make. Either way, he need sleep soon, so pushed off the decision for afterwards. He nodded and mumbled in agreement with the others when they voiced their common need for shower and bed.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #976 on: <08-22-15/1010:07> »
On the way back to the hotel, Snow looks at the others.  "So.  Are we off until tomorrow, then?  It is a bath and then bed for me.  After I wake up I might look for some place to get some new software to play with.  Any issues with me going out or should we stick together?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #977 on: <08-22-15/1051:46> »
"You do what you want to do on your own time" said Clem with a shrug of the shoulders. She herself was planning on resting and getting her things in order before the next day of work.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <08-22-15/1103:41> »
Snow looks at her boss.  "Got it, and thanks.  However, I would like to go to your room with you right now as I really should look at that wound before it gets worse.  Maybe we can get Sammy in to put some mojo on it as well after I am done.  It just does not pay to let that sort of thing go untreated as it might throw you off your game if you let it fester.  No arguments, please."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #979 on: <08-23-15/0549:08> »
"She's right, Clem," Sammy said, "and tomorrow, or better, later today, I'm going to see for some of those small cameras.  And maybe visit a friend I have here, if she has the time."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #980 on: <08-23-15/1113:53> »
What Snow and Sammy were saying made sense and Clem knew it. She hated displaying any signs of weakness, but there was no point in refusing medical help once everyone was safely back home. "Yeah, alright" said the ork as she motioned for Snow to follow her upstairs.

Clementine didn't know what she would do the next day and that got her thinking. The team was back on their main contract, which meant they would probably spend some boring days waiting for time to go by. But she wanted to be sure her team was prepared, so she decided she would go down and evaluate the perimeter, get a sense of the surroundings and prepare herself a few contingency plans. After all, she reasoned, strategy mostly came down to good training and careful planning.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #981 on: <08-23-15/1206:19> »
Snow follows Clem to her room, stopping off at hers to get the better aid kit.  Once in Clem's room, she readiies her first aid kit while waiting for the other woman to disrobe so she can see the wounds.  Without comment, she takes care of the wounds, her medical experience telling her that they are not serious.  Still, as she had said earlier, they should not go untreated. 

[spoiler]First Aid: 15d6t5 4  Fragging crappy rolls.  At least it is not a glitch.[/spoiler]

Snow patches up the wound but is not terribly satisfied.  "You should let that heal a bit.  I will be back later after we both get some rest and will look at it then to be sure everything is alright.  No extreme exercise for you for a couple of days."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #982 on: <08-24-15/2338:43> »
Clem finds the studio mostly bare, a few custodians and a couple of ADs trying to get a jump on their schedules.  While examining a crack near the floor of the storage area to ensure that it doesn't go through the wall, she dozes off for about an hour, she realizes that good preparation also extends to getting enough rest and heads back to the hotel.

On the way back she notes a blip on her commlink, Bacchus finally posted while she was dozing:

Diabo Verde is da bomb!

10:12 a.m.: Just ate bacon/egg flavored krill breakfast burrito. It’s a good start to the day for only four nuyen. The burritos are very spicy—wakes up the sinuses! Wish he sold beer. Here’s a link to Verde’s roach coach. Anyone else like Verde’s? Message me. If not, fuck off!!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #983 on: <08-25-15/0018:56> »
Snow shakes her head as she leaves Clem's room.  *Frag it.  I am so tired.."  Back in her own room she quickly strips and stands under the hot water in the shower until the dirt, grime, and fear of the morning are washed away.  She resolves to try to get something done about her software suite after she wakes up..  Wrapped in a towel, she stands goes out to the small balcony to look out over the vista.  *So fragging far from home and no closer to finding her.  I will bring shame to myself and the family and the Vory and there is only one penalty for that.*

After a few minutes in the cool breeze, she moves to the bed and climbs between the sheets for some sleep.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <08-25-15/0601:46> »
As she had said, Sammy took a long bath, just soaking in the water and checking things on the Pito.  After she was completely relaxed, she went to bed.  The following morning at breakfast she started to go through her recordings to see what might be interesting to put on the Pito show.  While she had been the actress, not the director, she had done enough behind the scenes stuff to have some idea on what to select to make it look nice.  She would just need Snow's help to edit it into a good looking show.

She send a text to Snow:
Can you help me with the Pito show and also to go out to select some extra small cameras we can use.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <08-25-15/1018:58> »
It is amazing what a few hours of sleep can accomplish in restoring one's energy.  Snow rises and is dressing when Sammy's text comes across.  She immediately responds, >>Hey.  Thanks for asking.  Glad to help any way I can.  When and where do you want to meet.  I am just getting dressed and can be out of my door in a few minutes.<<  After sending the text, Snow finishes dressing.  She is wearing an extremely demure blouse and calf-length skirt.  She applies a very little makeup and finishes off with a pair of reading glasses before heading out the door to meet Sammy.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #986 on: <08-25-15/1151:26> »
O'Connor returned to the hotel nearly catatonic. He took a quick shower, any longer and he'd have fallen asleep in the tub. After crashing out, O'Connor mulled over how to spend his day off. While getting dressed he sent off a message to the girls he'd met the night before, Brenda and Bridgett, <<Hey ladies, sorry again about last night. Finished the job though, in record time. Now I can't think of two lovelier ladies to spend the paycheck on.>>
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #987 on: <08-25-15/1620:11> »
Sam felt much better after spending much of the morning/early afternoon resting in the hotel. He preferred the evenings, anyhow. Once he got up, he sent Sammy a message. You know anyone in the area that could help us with supplies? I need a new persona, and I think Con might need one as well.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #988 on: <08-26-15/0510:46> »
I'm at a late breakfast Sammy send back to Snow, I'll be in the lobby.

As soon as Snow was downstairs, they took a taxi to the city center where Sammy knew some shops where they could buy some micro cameras and microphones.  They would have short range, but could record and retrieved later.  It turned out to be much easier to find than she had expected, although in LA were everybody was spying on everybody it was logical to find these things.

she was just looking for a place to have a late lunch when she got the message from Sam.  She thought about it for a moment and decided that her ex-agent might know.  It had been her who had come up with the Samantha ID.
I might know someone.  Let me see if she's available and can help us out.  I'll keep you informed. she texted back.

Then she turned to Snow.
"Sam just asked me if I knew someone for a new ID for him and Con," she said, "I think I know someone, but I'll have to confirm she can and will be able to help us.  I'll try to set up a meeting, but I'll probably have to go alone.  Can you find your way back to the hotel?"

[spoiler]
I'm buying 3 micro sensor packages with camera and 3 micro sensor package with microphone.  At 100 nuyen for the camera and 50 for the microphone, the lot will cost me 450 nuyen.  They have a signal rating of 2, which is not much, but I assume they have some memory to store if they can't send immediately.

not sure if Snow will buy some as well.
[/spoiler]

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <08-26-15/1014:01> »
Snow enjoys the outing with Sammy very much and is a bit sad when it is over.  She nods, "Sure, I can find a way back.  I think I will stay out for a bit longer and look around a bit.  Thank you for asking me along.  I really enjoyed it.  We should still get together later to work on that Pito feed.  Call me when you get back."