NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #435 on: <01-18-15/0421:49> »
O'Connor was not a fan of bumming a ride all night, "Frag that, I want my own escape vehicle. Sammy, know any good rental places?" He watched the last of the set crew headed towards the cafeteria, "Anyone else gettin' hungry?"
« Last Edit: <01-18-15/0439:14> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #436 on: <01-18-15/0609:46> »
"You go ahead, I'll stay here" said Clementine to O'Connor, "I'll go after you come back. Take Snow and Sammy with you, I'll stay here and stand guard with Torley meanwhile." She turned to Ophelia and said "You can bring a few drones if you want Snow, but we should keep some for ourselves, just in case we need them for bait later on."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #437 on: <01-18-15/0853:41> »
Ophelia thinks for a second and responds.  "Ah.  I think I will pass on the cafeteria, thanks.  I am pretty sure that dinner comes with my date.  He had said earlier that he would be available as soon as they wrap up for the day, so he could call back any minute.  I can stay here with you until he calls."  She holds up the drone in her hand.  "Besides, I am still working on this sucker, trying to determine who sent it"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #438 on: <01-18-15/1059:28> »
"Why don't you tell the techies that you can't make it now, as you have other engagements," Sammy said to Snow, "they'll understand.  As to weapons, I don't know exactly but expect all weapons to stay at the door.  You can take a handgun, but it stays in a lockbox at the door and you can pick it back up when you leave.  It's the policy in a lot of the upper establishments."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #439 on: <01-18-15/1128:58> »
Snow nods, "I could do that."  She turns to Clem, "What about it Boss?  What should I do?"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #440 on: <01-18-15/1442:23> »
O'Connor shook his head at Sammy, "Why bother with all that? Sounds like this End of the World thing is just picking up new orders, not interviewing for a new run. Plus there might not be time tommorow for Snow to take care of this."

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #441 on: <01-18-15/1900:19> »
Snow says, "The contacts I might get tonight may lead me to something tomorrow.  I hope I do not piss anyone off, but I really think my best use is with the techs, although I will miss the fancy place.  I really need to see if I can upgrade my stuff."
« Last Edit: <01-18-15/2006:54> by Mercy Merchant »

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #442 on: <01-18-15/2128:39> »
With an emotionless stare, Clem replied "You do what you have to do" to Snow.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #443 on: <01-19-15/0232:49> »
O'Connor shrugged, "Glad that's decided. I'm grabbin' food." He unslung his rifle and handed it to Clem, "I pass guard duty to you." He gave her a mock(ing) salute before leaving.

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #444 on: <01-19-15/0302:56> »
Sammy thought it over.
"You might be right," she said to Snow, "if you and O'Connor go with the techs, we'll go to the End of the World.  If we need you at the club, we can always contact you via the matrix and set up a trid chat or something.  And since you're not allowed to bring weapons in, club security here is very good, so we should be safe even without our heavy hitter.  Just a question from someone who doesn't know a lot about techie stuff, but shouldn't you keep those drones in a... what you call it again... far-day cage or something?"

She'd rather not have O'Connor in the fancy club if she could avoid it.  He was club material all right, just not that kind of club.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #445 on: <01-19-15/1038:25> »
Snow shakes her head.  "Perhaps with some drones, but these are very limited due to their size.  Before we leave I am going to ask Crenshaw to run a tag eraser over them, which should kill them for whoever owns them.  That should make them ours.  I am not a rigger, so I can't really use them as they should be used, but we can still get some value for them."

After the others go eat, Snow sits down against the wall and watches Clem.  After a couple of minutes she says, "Hey, Boss.  Is there something besides my screw up this morning on the plane that is eating you about me?  If so, I would like to clear the air so that I can work on it."

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #446 on: <01-19-15/1148:36> »
Sammy is also dragged off to lunch by Minnie, who is quite insistent, and since they still need to get the team some alternate looks for me-feeds, she relents.  She is hoping she can convince the troll that her career change is voluntary and not some Hollywood plot to keep metas down.

O’Connor and Torley grab food and sit down.  As they eat what is some pretty good food to O’Connor and reasonable acceptable fare to Torley, the face gets tapped on the shoulder.  The tech from before, Crenshaw, is there with a tray in his hand and says hopefully, “You are Snow’s friend right?  I hear you are going to be hanging with us tonight, my chummers are really interested in hearing about the Emerald City.” He nods to a table a little further into the room with a group that is CLEARLY composed of tech guys.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #447 on: <01-19-15/1900:43> »
"First and foremost, your timing" says Clem after a short period of reflection. The ork was not comfortable at all talking in the middle of the job like this, on location, especially with the P2 feature recording and broadcasting everything.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #448 on: <01-19-15/2206:44> »
Sam briefly considered tossing O'Connor to the wolves, but Con hadn't actually been that annoying recently. Smiling at the tech, he said, "Well, actually, I've got a prior engagement this evening, though I believe Con, here, will be joining you. He's not much of a talker, though--we keep him around mainly for his rugged good looks. I've got a few minutes, though; I can tell you a bit about things up north. Though I'm sure Snow has plenty of interesting stories of her own." With a nod to O'Connor, Sam stood up and headed over to the other table.

[OOC]I sure hope Con appreciates this. ;D[/OOC]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #449 on: <01-19-15/2241:06> »
O'Connor gave Torely a nod of appreciation as the face rose from the table. He also gave a short nod to Crenshaw, but it was filled with marked disinterest. He took a second glance at the table they were headed towards and shook his head. He'd agreed to go because nothing seemed to ever run smoothly for this crew, but it looked like one way or the other the night was going to be a long one. He continued to lament the coming evening as he continued his meal, *This tech better deliver on his end.*
« Last Edit: <01-20-15/0313:18> by Necrogigas »

Characters