NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #405 on: <01-12-15/1525:14> »
The guy's reaction all but confirmed he was on the level, but O'Connor was gonna have fun with it. He passed the names of the tech and who sent him on to Clem to verify, "Confirming, gimme a sec." While he waited for Clem to get back to him, O'Connor continued to bore into the guy with his stare, and for a bit of extra theatrics he kept tapping the trigger of his rifle.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #406 on: <01-12-15/1700:46> »
Sammy was still in the room and as she had not much to do but watch Snow work, she was fiddling with her Pito system.  She also took a closer look at the drones Snow was investigating.  Not because she knew anything about them, but more about curiosity what they looked like.

"Those bugs really look like bugs," she remarked, "let's keep them and sell them later.  I doubt the studio would care as long as they get a memory wipe."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #407 on: <01-12-15/1724:33> »
Snow is still trying to bore into the memory of the drone but can reply to Sammy, "I can so agree to that.  These little guys will run you about 1000 nuyen new.  Each.  And even more if you customize them.  They ought to be worth something, even used.  I am trying to see if I can determine who sent them here and how long ago."  *Come on baby.  Open up and give me the information.*

She will look up at Sammy, "So this Pito thing seems to be doing alright and all we have is your name.  You certainly are something around here.  Do you know who this guy Liam Starcross is?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #408 on: <01-12-15/1804:16> »
Clem forwarded the information she got from her team to both Johnsons, asking for confirmation on the validity of the newcomer. <If he seems on the level, let him in, I'm getting confirmation from the Johnsons. Snow, stay on him and make sure he is never left alone, especially in the Matrix. And make sure to keep those bugs, they might come in useful.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #409 on: <01-12-15/1839:34> »
<[Recipient: Team | Source: Text] The guy's here to collect the things for disposal. Should I send him away?>

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #410 on: <01-12-15/1841:04> »
<Got it, boss.  Keeping the drones.  I do recommend a memory wipe of the information they have, just in case the owners try to get it from them.>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #411 on: <01-12-15/1940:31> »
<Give him a few, but keep at least one. We could use it for bait if we need to later on.>
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #412 on: <01-12-15/2025:10> »
O'Connor stepped aside to allow the tech access to the room, and knocked on the door to get one of the girls to open it. He continued to stare down the tech, curious if he could get the guy to piss himself from a stare alone.

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #413 on: <01-12-15/2025:30> »
<OK boss.  I will keep what I can and continue my research into who owns them.>  I will continue to examine the drone as well as scan for additional hidden nodes and any intrusion on the net.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #414 on: <01-12-15/2050:41> »
I will look up at the knock on the door and go open it.  I will welcome the tech with a bright smile."Hi.  Oh, you're cute." I will point to the ten drones I have left out. "The drones are over here.  I have isolated ten of the suckers.  They appear to be normal micro drones.  As far as I have been able to determine, they were put here to gather data on the crates and to put a back door in the door lock.  The back door was not installed yet, but I think that they have much of the data they were looking for.  Do you think that you can determine who sent them?"I will run a finger down his shirt.  "You know, I could always use some good software upgrades and if you could put in a good word for me I would be ever so grateful.  Ever so grateful."

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #415 on: <01-13-15/0441:26> »
Sammy rolled her eyes as Snow put the moves on the techie, but then she turned to her own search in this Liam Starcross.  She had heard the name before, but there were so many names in LA, many quickly forgotten.

[spoiler]
same for me.  Invisible castle still down, but trying to remember the name.  If it's celebrity gossip, horizon media or magic trids, my dice pool is 6 for all.  GM can roll.
[/spoiler]
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #416 on: <01-13-15/1454:48> »
Poor Crenshaw is completely a mess of emotions, when James told him to come help the team, he was pretty excited.  He was friends with one of the stuntmen, so he had heard all the details of what had gone down in Seattle, including the night that followed.  Seeing his life flash before his eyes, then getting hit on by a elf that looked as good as some of the simstars he worked with inside of the same minute, he retreated immediately to something he knew and latched onto the drones.

"You are right, they are straight off the shelf.  They have been found on sets before, Ben will be glad to know you found them, he likes to keep a tight set.  Sounds like you have these well in hand, I can take them if you want me to, but I can't guarantee they won't just sit in a box for a week or two.  Things are really hopping for us right now." While he is double checking what you told him he replies to your request, "I might know some folks, but I don't do a lot coding myself."

The previously mentioned red ARO comes on at that point.

Outside Torley and O'Connor's attention is naturally drawn to what is going on.

The lights dim. Nothing happens for some time, but you feel the temperature rapidly drop to a brisk eight degrees Celsius when the action starts. You are a bit surprised by the sudden chill and occasional flake of snow. The Jenny Freelance is climbing up the green mountain shapes with a Sherpa. She starts a conversation with the Sherpa.

Apparently she’s speaking Sherpa based on your link, but you don’t have the software to understand it. Luckily, the AR has a CC channel:

<wind howling>

Jenny: How much farther is it to the temple of the four winds?

Then a dozen frozen undead pop up. This leads to several takes of more martial-arts combat, as the zombies keep falling apart in the cold.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #417 on: <01-13-15/1954:14> »
Snow will touch his arm and breathe softly, "All you have to do is get me some contacts that can help me upgrade my operating systems and perhaps some usable software upgrades.  I can do the rest.  But I would be very grateful, especially since I really don't know anyone in town."  She will nod, happy to see that he verifies her ideas on the drones.  Do you think I could keep some of them?  They might fetch some good nuyen.  How many do you really need to take with you?" 

Snow is a bit surprised by the appearance of the red ARO.  She is momentarily interested, but then goes to full defensive mode as it crosses her mind that this would be a good distraction for someone to use.  She will step up her sweeps of the room to see if any new nodes pop up.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #418 on: <01-13-15/2137:19> »
O'Connor tried to remain vigilant and on-mission, but come on, the movie shoot was too cool to ignore completely. He sent a text to Torley, <[Recipient: Torley | Source: Text]: Given the director's hard-on for realism, we should probably thank the producers for the fact we're not up on some cold ass mountain peak right now.> O'Connor shivered a bit from the cold, regretting changing out his old jacket for the one he was wearing now. The one he left back home was insulated.
« Last Edit: <01-14-15/0147:34> by Necrogigas »

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #419 on: <01-14-15/0422:29> »
Sammy had seen it all before, but she did check the astral.  Not only because she was responsible for astral security, but also to check what kind of illusion they had used to make this.  Changes this drastically were mostly done by mages and she had to admit, they were good.