NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 1507 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #60 on: <05-28-14/2340:34> »
Your group moves to the cars to discuss things civilian ears were not meant to hear.  Clem has few ideas about shops that might still be open that would have what they need and Torley does a reasonably good job of passing his acquired Remington Roomsweeper to Fionn.  The only remaining business to attend to is arranging transport for the vehicularly challenged among you.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <05-29-14/0134:03> »
O'Connor nodded towards the Roomsweeper, "Hey, Torley, you get that thing cleaned yet? I don't think real security teams use looted gear that was probably stolen in the first place and used for god knows what."
« Last Edit: <05-29-14/0322:02> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #62 on: <05-29-14/0926:45> »
Clem asked the rest of the team "So, who needs a ride?" She was reluctant to offer, but it would make their timetable shorter.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #63 on: <05-29-14/1144:36> »
"I could do with a rode," Sammy said, "I've been thinking about getting one, but I haven't found the time yet."
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #64 on: <05-29-14/1836:09> »
Glad she wasn't stuck with O'Connor, Clem immediately took Sammy as a bike partner. "Alright, you can ride with me" said the ork, relieved but not showing her emotions.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #65 on: <06-09-14/1856:29> »
You all follow Clem and get some uninspiring, but effective security uniforms, then rest up.

Your job begins at an hour that most of your fellows are getting to bed.  How the SINners manage this day in and day out is beyond comprehension.

Slade is waiting for when you get to the storage facility, a cargo van already loaded with four heavy looking two meter-long cases.  With a little but a raised eyebrow to your change of wardrobe, he hands you identification for special access to the Needle and instructions, along with your advance.

The instructions are simple, take the cases to the Needle, get them up to the film set in the restaurant into the hands of the director, monitor and protect the items from theft or non-movie use.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #66 on: <06-10-14/0721:32> »
Sammy got into the back of the van, as she wasn't a good driver and not so good at noticing things anyways.  So it was better if she kept an eye on the crates, feeling confident that she would be able to see if someone wanted to steal something that big at a couple of metres from her.  For the moment she didn't summon a spirit.  She didn't remember if the needle had wards, but they probably did, so she waited until she was inside the wards before starting to summon.  Otherwise the spirit would be blocked anyways.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #67 on: <06-10-14/0950:32> »
Sam eyed the containers in the van, then walked over to Mr. Slade. "Good morning. Would you mind opening the cases so we can see what we're transporting? No offense, but you're paying us to be paranoid, and part of that is making sure that everything's in good condition when we take possession of it." ...and that we're not taking a bomb into the heart of Seattle, or anything like that, he thought to himself. With a disarming smile, he continued, "It helps the delivery process go so much smoother, you know?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #68 on: <06-10-14/1224:37> »
"Sure thing hoss, you want to muscle them out and pop 'em open the lock is coded to your IDs, just make sure they get to the set on time.  I had some grunts to put 'em in the van, but I sent them on ahead to unload it at the needle."  Slade heads off to a nearby car.  The ostentatious longhorn hood ornament marking it as his personal vehicle.

It takes a bit of doing, none of you are really that strong, and the cases are HEAVY, but you manage it.  The cases open to reveal four full suits of Red Samurai body armor, including the ceremonial helmets, and what look like traditionally forged Japanese katanas, the included datawork indicates that these are authentic and liscensed versions of the elite paramilitary unit's gear.  If a thought existed about ripping off your employer, having Renraku's "Bloody Demons" coming down on you is more than enough to eliminate it.

The van, loaded, only has room for three.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <06-10-14/1314:33> »
Once the cases were loaded again, Sam looked at the team. "Clem, you drive the van; take Sammy and O'Connor. Red and I will follow. Sound good?"
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #70 on: <06-10-14/1412:02> »
Sammy knew Slade was the man to go to for unusual props, but this was something she really hadn't expected.  Well, at least thieves would have to either steal the van, or come with a van of their own as these were heavy.

She nodded when sam proposed the split.  While she rather sit with the more conversationalists of the group, she could understand the reason of keeping Fion and O'Connor seperate as much as possible.
"Stay close and keep an eye on our six," she said to Sam, quoting one of her lines from one of the first trids she had done.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #71 on: <06-10-14/1910:28> »
Clem, surprised as everyone else about the contents of the crates, felt somewhat proud. Here was something typically Japanese, recognized everywhere as one of the best battle armours ever made. She helped everyone put the crates back into the van, wondering to herself how a cowboy-posing elf had come across this lot.

At Sam's plan, the ork woman noded. "Alright, I'll take the van" and got herself ready to move out as quickly as possible.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <06-10-14/2126:12> »
O'Connor looked and felt awkward in a suit, *How'd I let myself get talked into this?* Now stuck in the damned suit, he wanted this job over and done with as soon as possible. He did, however, take a few moment to admire the items they were tasked with guarding.  After Torley gave his suggestion, O'Connor nodded, giving his assent. He made his way to the van, ready move out.
« Last Edit: <06-11-14/0201:36> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #73 on: <06-13-14/1329:53> »
One of the amazing things about modern technology is how little it has really changed.  In spite of all the advances in vehicle auto-piloting, traffic monitoring systems and smart grid systems, every weekday morning the I-5 going into Downtown Seattle becomes a parking lot.

Normally if you lot have been at all aware of this interesting phenomenon, it was as a reason to laugh at the wageslaves and sararimen that you would never count yourselves among.  This morning though, it is making the prospect of you getting to the Needle for calltime a questionable enterprise.

You have already abandoned the interstate, and are weaving through questionable areas, alert for trouble.

[OOC: I need base Perception rolls from every one and a listing of potential Mods to the roll, but DO NOT add them into the pool.  I also need Piloting rolls from Clem and Torley, the van uses the stats for an unmodified Bulldog Stepvan.  If anyone has a bright idea about trying to fight traffic, make relevant rolls.]

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #74 on: <06-14-14/0533:12> »
"Do you guys want me to get a spirit to check out where traffic is lighter which doesn't take us through things like the Barrens," Sammy asked, while looking out of the windows.  The van was unmarked, like there were thousands of them in Seattle, so they wouldn't be too visible.