NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1395 on: <09-30-15/1430:40> »
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1396 on: <09-30-15/1856:28> »
O'Connor's no powerbouse, so are there any sufficently scrawny guys near that I could shove into the bouncers to create an opening?

None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1397 on: <09-30-15/2105:35> »
None that will keep them sufficiently busy that they won't still beat you into a bloody paste after a second or two.
But in a second or two, can I get past them? I don't care if they're trying to fight me or not, I just want them to not be in between me and Leo.

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1398 on: <10-02-15/0616:53> »
But in a second or two, can I get past them? I don't care if they're trying to fight me or not, I just want them to not be in between me and Leo.

Speak plainly, pm me if you must, what is it you are trying to do?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1399 on: <10-02-15/0951:31> »
Maybe Con can take this guy on at shooting?  It could be a better way to get to see Leo.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1400 on: <10-02-15/1325:40> »
Speak plainly, pm me if you must, what is it you are trying to do?
I am speaking plainly, I don't know where you're getting confused. So lets break this down and take it step by step, so I can find where your confusion is.

Step one: Throw guy into guards. ((Still with me?))
Step two: Move past them. ((Have I lost you?))
Step three: Talk to Leo. ((Is this getting too complicated?))
Side note: Don't care if the guards attack me afterwards. ((This should just be a given at this point.))

What I need is for you to speak plainly and give clarification.

If I do throw a guy into the bouncers (step one) Will the "second or two" give me enough time to slip past them (step two) and confront Leo (step three)?

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1401 on: <10-02-15/1816:28> »
What could you say that would make the beating worth it? He is already actively ignoring you after hearing what you said before.  I am not saying you can't do it, you can, with your reflexes and dodge you might even last a second or two.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1402 on: <10-02-15/2143:32> »
And why can I only last a second or two? No dice have been thrown. Is this some GM limit that you're enforcing no matter what?
« Last Edit: <10-02-15/2149:50> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1403 on: <10-03-15/0028:46> »
Fuck it. This has has taken too long not to go through with it.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1404 on: <10-03-15/0045:59> »
All aboard the O'Connor rampage tour!
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1405 on: <10-03-15/0330:10> »
You can still try the shooting contest.  <sigh>
« Last Edit: <10-03-15/1118:31> by Mercy Merchant »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1406 on: <10-04-15/0204:20> »
Okay, here is the thing, minimum 8 bouncers around the throne, each of them is a trained hand to hand combatant.  While I think it is possible and likely for O'Conner to dodge them for awhile, they are always going to have those odds, because they have plenty of backup and the harder he makes it, the better the guy who takes him down will look.  I am not going to waste the time proving the point to you dicewise when I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.  The only thing I will ask is will he go lethal with knives or guns or keep it hand to hand?  Because the security will not escalate it beyond non-lethal beatdown unless he does, however badly outnumbered he is or how foolish he makes them look.

This is the leader of a well known gang, he is not going to acknowledge you other than as entertainment.  Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.

Out of game, I understand this is frustrating for you as players, it is supposed to be.  But the payoff is coming, I promise.  In the meantime, I will try not to let you kill your characters out of irritation, while maintaining a certain reasonable level of realism.

Another note, if this is ticking folks off, I know I have been off kilter, I have just started a new job and I am still trying to do school fulltime, so your patience is appreciated, even if you don't feel like giving it to me.   :)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1407 on: <10-04-15/0215:33> »
I am OK.  I have a good medkit and the skill to use it.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1408 on: <10-04-15/0238:43> »
I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.
Then you should've made O'Connor wait in the car. I feel I clearly telegraphed that this would probably happen.

The only thing I will ask is will he go lethal with knives or guns or keep it hand to hand?
O'Connor will keep it nonlethal for the time being.

Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.
O'Connor gives zero shits whatsoever. He has no respect for Leo, the A-kidz, or any of these LA poser gangs. O'Connor's bringing a bit of the Barrens to these ass clowns.
« Last Edit: <10-04-15/0243:46> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1409 on: <10-04-15/0335:34> »
I tried REALLY hard not to let you get your character into this.
Then you should've made O'Connor wait in the car. I feel I clearly telegraphed that this would probably happen.

I can't make O'Conner, or any of the other PCs, do anything that I can't reasonably justify.  You said your character was going in to try and talk to Leo.  If you are in DC you might decide O'Conner wants to give the President a few ideas, but I would hope a show of force by the Secret Service might dissuade him from leaving the tour group.   8)

Yes, to O'Conner he is ridiculous, but that is what works here, and he will not do anything more than look down on him until he is worth talking to.
O'Connor gives zero shits whatsoever. He has no respect for Leo, the A-kidz, or any of these LA poser gangs. O'Connor's bringing a bit of the Barrens to these ass clowns.

And these particular ass clowns will not be better for the lesson.  ;)