NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1245 on: <08-13-15/1454:03> »
I am no where near my books at the moment, but I think I can say with confidence that there is no bus or rail nearby, even if it wasn't in the neighborhood of 0500 at the present, calling a cab might be an option, but you will pay through the nose for it.  Guides might be a better bet, since you have the footage.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1246 on: <08-14-15/0005:00> »
Not sure Snow can do that.  It has been so long in RL.  Did we come here in one or two cars?  I thought we had ours and that Con had another.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1247 on: <08-14-15/0014:05> »
I think Torley could probably leave by the side entrance and take the car with him (as I understood it, he's giving him a free "get out of jail card", so it shouldn't be so far-fetched for Torley to have a vehicle to get to and from work). The rest of the team could get out from the rooftop and then meet up a few blocks away, no?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1248 on: <08-15-15/1301:53> »
You do have a second vehicle, but there is no telling whether it was within the range of the cops sweep and what that might entail, but it had line of sight on the club.  If Torley were going to lay claim to it, that might present a problem considering it's tactical position and the fact that it is not parked inside the lot.

BTW, there is no fire escape, I wouldn't make an issue of it, except that I specifically mentioned the lack when Clem bodily moved Snow to the roof.

I can provide a map if you absolutely need me to make one, but the gist of it is this, The Derma is situated such that the far side runs on the edge of zone that was rendered uninhabitable by the collapse.  There is a four meter fence around that zone, but the upper roof of the club is higher than that so it is really not an issue.  You can scale down the back with minimal difficulty, you even remember seeing a length of rope among the props, but if you go that route you will want to go at least a half kilometer in some direction to find a good place to recross.

Also, filed under the heading of "I hate autocorrect, FML" is a correction to my last OOC post.  GUILES (as in Andre Guiles, the Johnson for this side run) could be contacted for a ride, and the van recovered later by someone from the studio, Desperado probably (who might be another one to contact, though he might be grouchy at being woken up).

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1249 on: <08-15-15/1320:38> »
Given that we have the video, if we contact Guiles and give him an update, wouldn't our time pressure disappear? If we're no longer pressed for time, a half-kilometer walk is doable.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1250 on: <08-15-15/1413:48> »
I'm for scaling the wall and crossing back over.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1251 on: <08-15-15/1452:34> »
Given that we have the video, if we contact Guiles and give him an update, wouldn't our time pressure disappear? If we're no longer pressed for time, a half-kilometer walk is doable.

Put the shoe on the other foot, would you believe criminals that you put on a clock without proof in hand?  That said, you aren't really worried about the clock anymore, you could walk back to the studio and catch a nap on the way and make it.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1252 on: <08-15-15/1456:40> »
I would like to have that footage with Mr. J as quickly as possible.  Let's get out at the back and then call him when we're back on a road.  Then he can send someone to pick us up and we can have the footage in his hand soon after.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1253 on: <08-15-15/1500:56> »
Do we really want to call the Johnson and be like, "Hey we need a ride. Lost ours dodging the cops."

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1254 on: <08-15-15/1644:30> »
Details don't need to be shared.  "We have stuff. You want stuff, come and get us."

I can appreciate your thoughts toward maintaining a professional appearance though.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1255 on: <08-15-15/2247:38> »
Do we need to roll anything to scale the fence?

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1256 on: <08-16-15/0156:29> »
Down?  No, we can assume enough people have dice to share to pull it off.  Is that what you guys are doing?

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1257 on: <08-16-15/0245:41> »
I don't think we have a better plan. Guys?

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1258 on: <08-16-15/0247:22> »
You are right.  This seems the best plan.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1259 on: <08-16-15/0500:13> »
And I'll summon that spirit to conceal us.  I need a force 5 spirit to conceal all of us, but that means anybody looking for us has a -5 modifier on his perception tests.  That should be enough to pass unnoticed and if we're noticed, certainly enough so he doesn't see any details.  I'll make a post about this.

EDIT: per 3 force of a spirit they have an optional power.  I've taken guard, as that can prevent glitches.  Since a lot of us are out of edge, this might not be a bad idea to have some extra backup.  As soon as we're going, I'll use my second service to request it to also use it's guard power on the five of us (it can do so in a number of people equal to its magic, which is equal to its force).
« Last Edit: <08-16-15/0510:33> by farothel »
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"