NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1185 on: <08-07-15/0745:18> »
If we're looking for a chip in a whole box of them, why can't we just take the whole box and sort them out somewhere else?  Or am I missing something?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1186 on: <08-07-15/0821:24> »
Which is exactly Clem's question. Let's just take the whole setup and sort it out somewhere else. And Clem wants to go full Yakuza on one of the bouncers to show them the team's not messing around  ;D

If we're looking for a chip in a whole box of them, why can't we just take the whole box and sort them out somewhere else?  Or am I missing something?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1187 on: <08-07-15/1050:36> »
Hrm. Sam's got good perception, but do we want to risk his gremlins kicking in, especially since he's out of edge?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1188 on: <08-07-15/1226:17> »
There are two downsides that should logically occur to you with taking the gear and just leaving:

1) If you leave without the making sure you have the right data, you are basically boned for the job.  No way all this stuff doesn't get back to Bacchus and whoever this Steve guy is, they will have to figure that the Christy Daee is the reason for all this and will go to ground out of your reach or just blow the lid off it.  Either way, you will have failed.

2) This is probably a minor point for some of your characters but for others it may not be.  You remove this stuff and, legally, you have basically let the those two off the hook for all the creepy shit they have going here.  Right now, if you can find Christy's file and leave the rest, those guys will go down in a big way, and the folks (at least the girls) downstairs will make sure that happens, you can figure.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1189 on: <08-07-15/1228:10> »
Oh, yeah, forgot this...   ;)

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1190 on: <08-07-15/1304:30> »
So basically we need to get the data from the archaic hardware and track down this manager before he gets a whiff of what's going down.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1191 on: <08-07-15/1343:14> »
No, your job is to get the data and get it back to Andre Guiles.  If it isn't here, or you accidentally leave it behind somehow, you have come so far out of the shadows with this frontal assault that it would be very difficult for you to recover it otherwise in a timely manner, and there is a timetable on this job, one that you have probably impacted with this.

I know I am being kinda harsh at this point, but I wanted you to have all of the information so you can make a decision that works for your characters.  I know some of you have enough of a Robin Hood thing going on that taking the gear and running now with a chance of failure is a conflict, so is walking away from all this scummy peeping tom crap without someone going down for it.

I am building drama and keeping you guys informed, and having a lot of fun doing it.  :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1192 on: <08-07-15/1442:41> »
Lets just get mercy and faro's rolls and hope for the best. Its the only recourse we have at the moment.
« Last Edit: <08-07-15/1445:47> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1193 on: <08-08-15/0627:08> »
I am OK with looking here.  What sort of roll are you looking for?  Perception?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1194 on: <08-08-15/0915:35> »
Mercy, here are the rolls I need from you, roll wise.

Okay, this will take a logic+computer roll to teach the other two to operate the equipment, (4, 5 minutes)

Then Intuition+Perception (20, 15 minutes) for the group to find the chip

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1195 on: <08-08-15/1023:29> »
I posted the rolls.  Sometimes it just does not pay to roll the dice.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1196 on: <08-08-15/1324:22> »
I posted the rolls.  Sometimes it just does not pay to roll the dice.
Well its roll, or we fail the run. So there isn't much choice in the matter.

When you realize how few you have actually churned through you wonder if it might be worth the risk of using Torley, he seems to have a sharp eye for details.
The GM is baiting us, do not fall for it.

Quote from: Team Perception Rolls
6d6.hits(5)=2
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1)
Total of 3 hits for first roll

Look for chip: 6d6t5 1

intuition 3 + perception 2 =5 (5d6.hits(5)=1)

So that's 5/20 hits after 20 minutes, plus the 5 minutes for the explanation. faro do you have any edge left? We need to do well in the second round of rolls.
« Last Edit: <08-08-15/1416:37> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1197 on: <08-08-15/1327:15> »
Here's a block of rolls for the extended test.

[spoiler=Perception Rolls]

Intuition 3 + Perception 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=5

Using edge to re-roll misses for first roll.
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1)

Total of 3 hits for first roll
[/spoiler]

Mercy, faro; you two need to roll way better than I did.

[spoiler]
Using Edge to re-roll misses of second roll
Edge Miss Re-roll (4d6.hits(5)=2)
Second roll total of 4
[/spoiler]

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1198 on: <08-08-15/1459:48> »
Next round.  Continue to look for chip: 6d6t5 4

Follow with additional rounds as needed. Next round: 5d6t5 2  and Continue: 4d6t5 3

That is three rounds of rolls and 9 more hits.  Any successes from others shod do it by then, I hope.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1199 on: <08-08-15/1516:01> »
Snow keeps looking, but realizes that Sam may be helpful in this.  >>Sam?  Could you come up and help look through this drek?  I am starting to naked bodies everywhere and you might be able to use fresh eyes and find it.<<

God damn it Mercy, delete that right now. I just told you, Crossbow is baiting us with that. It could only be more of an obvious trap, if there was a sign saying  "obvious trap." Crossbow has yet to fail in gleefully beating Thvor over the head with Torley's Gremlins.
« Last Edit: <08-08-15/1520:56> by Necrogigas »

Characters