NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1170 on: <08-05-15/0702:49> »
I'm not sure if spirits can do that.  I'll have to look in my books to see what's possible.

As to the intimidation issue: play good cop, bad cop.  That shouldn't be too difficult to do. :)

EDIT: @Crossbow: can we pinpoint the exact location inside the building where the cable comes through the roof (I assume it's in the office somewhere, but that's the obvious answer).

Spirits cannot follow a cable, which actually goes into the ceiling over the hallway.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1171 on: <08-05-15/0806:43> »
Spirits cannot follow a cable, which actually goes into the ceiling over the hallway.
Well, damn. Can Snow use those drones we picked up without a rigger interface?
« Last Edit: <08-05-15/0844:29> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1172 on: <08-05-15/1411:53> »
She can, but it's dangerous, as you don't know what they're programmed to do when they get activated.  They first need their memory wiped before we use them.

I've proposed something (take out just a few panels and trying to follow the cable that way).  I'm not sure if it can work, but it might be faster than ripping out the full ceiling.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1173 on: <08-06-15/0120:39> »
Okay moving chairs is going to take some effort, especially since NONE of you have higher than an average human strength, wow, just noticed that.  I also mentioned before that you really don't have proper tools for this, but you can improvise, like a katana for instance.  By the way, this is not a drop ceiling with easily moved panels, this is like stucco, or sheet rock type stuff.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1174 on: <08-06-15/0123:20> »
Okay moving chairs is going to take some effort, especially since NONE of you have higher than an average human strength, wow, just noticed that. 
Sound like its a good thing we got a bunch of meat head goons to order around
« Last Edit: <08-06-15/0440:20> by Necrogigas »

Characters

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1175 on: <08-06-15/1017:09> »
I feel like we've got to be missing something, but damned if I can figure it out.

Our goal is to find Bacchus this morning, before he goes public with that tape. We haven't had much to go on through this chase; what little we have had has led us to the roof of this strip club. None of the people inside have anything useful to offer us, or, at least, not with the way the interrogation worked out (I may be spending some karma to pick up the skill/specialty, but, well, that's a bit of "closing the barn door after the horses have bolted" in this case...). Our only lead at this point is a bit of coax cable.

We want/need to trace the cable, but don't have the time or tools to do so. Clem's earlier cuisinart routine has ruled out the possibility of Snow jacking into the receivers and following the data path to whatever's at the far end; I'm assuming she doesn't have the tools onhand to do a quick repair on the cable. Sammy can't trace it astrally, since technology doesn't have astral signatures. And I doubt any of us have the skills necessary to do something like tape a frag grenade to the ceiling and blow a hole in it without accidentally bringing the building down on top of us.

Not to mention that coax is pretty low-grade, simple stuff; anything we do to break through the drywall ceilings quickly is likely to leave fragments of wire, which will be harder to trace.

...hrm...

Of course, I've done enough home renovation to know that if the wire is run through a sheetrock wall/ceiling, that's not a "15 minutes in the dead of the night" job. That's a significant amount of work--at least a day, given the cutting, patching, waiting for the mud to dry, sanding, and painting--and someone who knows what they're looking at/for (not Sam, I'm afraid) might be able to spot patches where someone had to cut holes to run the wire and then patch them up. But given that we've already had half the team making perception rolls on the second floor, even that avenue seems closed... :-[
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1176 on: <08-06-15/1020:48> »
Yes, it does seem that we have missed something.  Probably poor perception or just not thought of the right thing yet.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1177 on: <08-06-15/1101:03> »
Clem's cuisinart routine is not what keeps Snow from using the coaxial cable to trace the signal, the fact that it is coaxial cable is what makes her unable to trace to signal.  Snow trying to hack the signal of the coax is akin to handing a master architect sand toys and telling him to build a skyscraper.  There is a basic understanding of what is needed, and the tools seems similar, but there is no way in hell he is going to be able to accomplish the job, and any effort is going to be ridiculously slow.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1178 on: <08-06-15/1105:01> »
Is there a door to the basement somewhere?  if the connection is not on the second floor, there's probably some extra servers in the basement.  Or at least there the cables are often exposed and easier to track.

If I need to roll to find it, please let me know.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1179 on: <08-06-15/1114:04> »
Sammy will come back down and open a few doors realizing that there isn't a basement to the building.

It is a huge effort to get the chairs where they will be useful, and the "coat rack" is actually a broken stripper pole.  The noise made is certainly enough to seem out of order to those downstairs, not to mention the time factor which is getting bigger.

You might want to get some fresh eyes upstairs, especially since they are the best eyes on the team.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1180 on: <08-06-15/1220:24> »
Alright, so we missed something I guess. Man, Clem's perception rolls have been really garbage recently :(
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1181 on: <08-06-15/1220:41> »
You might want to get some fresh eyes upstairs, especially since they are the best eyes on the team.

Shall I take that as "the strippers know nothing of any recent construction"? :)
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1182 on: <08-06-15/1421:27> »
Those strippers will not even talk to you, they are more scared of you than anyone else.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1183 on: <08-07-15/0308:40> »
Okay, this will take a logic+computer roll to teach the other two to operate the equipment, (4, 5 minutes)

Then Intuition+Perception (20, 15 minutes) for the group to find the chip

(BTW tic, tic, tic...)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1184 on: <08-07-15/0337:13> »
Here's a block of rolls for the extended test.

[spoiler=Perception Rolls]

Intuition 3 + Perception 3 = Pool 6
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=2
6d6.hits(5)=5

Using edge to re-roll misses for first roll.
Edge miss re-roll Pool 4 (4d6.hits(5)=1)

Total of 3 hits for first roll
[/spoiler]

Mercy, faro; you two need to roll way better than I did.
« Last Edit: <08-07-15/0340:24> by Necrogigas »

Characters