NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1155 on: <08-03-15/1213:09> »
Yep, that is what happened to me, I am back now though.  Glad to know it wasn't just me :)

Future reference, I have an offsite email for Hydro, Thvor and Necro, but not forothel or Mercy.  If we something happens with the site again, I don't want to lose this group, so please send some contact info to my permanent email  crossbowrc@aol.com or facebook.com/crossbowrc

Back to game stuff:

How many bullets did O'Connor gather from the guns?

If you are really going to get that picky about about scavenging I am going to tell you they had no spare clips and tell you to count the bullets yourself, otherwise, call it, all told, one spare clip for a Predator, your choice :)

Okay I need perception actions and rolls for the folks upstairs and interrogation/intimidation actions and rolls for the ones downstairs.

EDIT:  By the way, I had already assumed you had already collected both the hogtied guy from the side and the bullet-ridden guy from the front, that guy was about to bleed out.

« Last Edit: <08-03-15/1218:14> by Crossbow »

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1156 on: <08-03-15/1240:13> »
Yep, that is what happened to me, I am back now though.  Glad to know it wasn't just me :)

Future reference, I have an offsite email for Hydro, Thvor and Necro, but not forothel or Mercy.  If we something happens with the site again, I don't want to lose this group, so please send some contact info to my permanent email  crossbowrc@aol.com or facebook.com/crossbowrc

I've just sent you an email Crossbow.  I don't do Facebook, so for me it's just email.

I've also made a short post.  No rolls yet, as Sammy wouldn't know where to start with this.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1157 on: <08-03-15/1435:35> »
Well, crap. Sam--believe it or not--doesn't have intimidation (or the interrogation specialization), so he's going to have to default on this roll. :P

5d6.hits(5)=2

...sigh...

Does he get any sort of bonus for Con's presence, having broken a woman's arm, or any such? Please? ;D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1158 on: <08-03-15/1517:25> »
If you are really going to get that picky about about scavenging I am going to tell you they had no spare clips and tell you to count the bullets yourself, otherwise, call it, all told, one spare clip for a Predator, your choice :)
Predator IV 15 round clip x 8 goons = 120 Heavy Pistol rounds
120 rounds - 40 fired = 80 rounds remaining
Remaining: 5 full clips + 5 bullets in change
« Last Edit: <08-03-15/1833:34> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1159 on: <08-03-15/2325:15> »
Oh, you wanna play?   >:( ;)

Predator IV 15 round clip x 8 goons = 120 Heavy Pistol rounds
120 rounds - 40 fired = 80 rounds remaining
Remaining: 5 full clips + 5 bullets in change

You're WRONG!!!

It's 5 clips and FOUR bullets!!

Don't believe me?  Think I am being a big meanie GM?

You must have forgotten THIS:

Among the sounds coming his way, O'Connor hears a noise he immediately recognizes. The sound of a Predator IV misfeeding and the slide attempting to shear the round off in the chamber.  Pure money to a guy who fixes guns.

Read it an' weep sucka!

That round is completely worthless and incapable of being fired.  SO THERE :P

-----this message brought to by GMs a little punchy after taking a Calculus 2 final   :o ::) ;) 8)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1160 on: <08-03-15/2340:45> »
Snow rolls perception.  I am assuming this is before she slips into VR.  Perception: 6d6t5 2
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1161 on: <08-04-15/0149:19> »
Okay Mercy, back up.  Matrix perception does not work that way, this is going to be weird to try and explain, especially  since I am on a tablet, and trying to rack out.  Pull that IC  post for now and I will go into detail when the sun rises for me.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1162 on: <08-04-15/0208:48> »
Okay Mercy, back up.  Matrix perception does not work that way, this is going to be weird to try and explain, especially  since I am on a tablet, and trying to rack out.  Pull that IC  post for now and I will go into detail when the sun rises for me.

The best I think is to search in the meat for the receiver of the signal from the hotel and then physically plug into that, before going into VR.  That way you can more easily follow things and if you're lucky, you are in the system without having to hack in.  You will have limited privileges, but you can follow the information stream and try to figure out where it goes (it's the same if you physically attach yourself to a camera, you can follow the stream, but you can't do more in the system than the camera can unless you hack in from there).
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1163 on: <08-04-15/0246:24> »
I agree to all of that.  I just thought that I was being asked for a perception roll before I got into the VR.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1164 on: <08-04-15/0702:40> »
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1165 on: <08-04-15/1444:18> »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1166 on: <08-04-15/2109:24> »
Okay, let's get into this

Snow nods.  "We are probably looking for cables that seem to disappear into the roof.  The larger ones seem to be a bit older and I do not think that they are what we need.  Look for something smaller.  I am going to try and concentrate to see if I can find the hole in the matrix that could be where the separate node is."

With that, Snow sits down on the roof and blanks out into hot sim VR.  The Snow Queen is moving through the matrix on the roof and the floors below, looking for any suggestion as to where the hidden node might be.  She is looking more where the matrix webs are not rather than where they are.

Okay, first point, I re posted my initial description of the roof, to clarify, there is nothing coming from any of the components on the roof that wasn't a coaxial cable, and there was no wireless signal on the items at all.

The roof of The Derma is nothing special.  There is an access hatch, locked from the inside, most likely, AC unit  and not much else outside of the signal receivers you already knew were here.  Now that you are up here you can see that the Cinderblock setup is not unique.  There are several more receivers placed every few feet along the roof, and there are a few transmitters you can see on building that have line of sight of the roof.

The most unusual thing is the coaxial cable that runs to all of the receivers.  It is spider-webbed all over the roof then gathered into a central hub that disappears into the building.

Next point, the way the matrix works is not the same as the way Astral Space works, there is no specific physical reflection on the matrix that would allow you to trace transmission lines or power, you can tell if an item is tied to a node, you can back track to the node, but that has no specific real world reflection that you could 'see' in any way, even if there is a commline that connects it.

Okay, now to deal with this giant pile of bad rolls.

If the two characters are coordinating an action, they both need the skill, and the 'leader' of the attempt gets a pool bonus equal to the successes that the supporters roll.  So at the present time, Sam cannot coordinate on an Intimidation attempt, because he doesn't have a skill.  This makes perfect sense by the way, Sam's skills lie in defense and deflection, the overt act of intimidation is not in his wheelhouse, except by sheer force of personality.  Especially considering he is ridiculously non-threatening.

What the perception rolls were for was to physically search the second floor to roughly determine what the rooms are and what is in them.  I will post that description and a map later tonight.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1167 on: <08-05-15/0101:04> »
So, no dice. Any ideas on what's next besides try and find the owner/friend of Bacchus?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1168 on: <08-05-15/0107:35> »
We're definitely missing something here. Maybe we should just start punching holes in the walls, tearing up the carpet, see what turns up. Or could Sammy have a spirit follow the cable, maybe?
« Last Edit: <08-05-15/0208:08> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1169 on: <08-05-15/0220:07> »
I'm not sure if spirits can do that.  I'll have to look in my books to see what's possible.

As to the intimidation issue: play good cop, bad cop.  That shouldn't be too difficult to do. :)

EDIT: @Crossbow: can we pinpoint the exact location inside the building where the cable comes through the roof (I assume it's in the office somewhere, but that's the obvious answer).
« Last Edit: <08-05-15/0222:26> by farothel »