NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1005 on: <06-10-15/1258:01> »
@Crossobow: Suppressive fire is a complex action, so no, I can't run and fire like that at the same time. Yes, I want to get through that side door as soon as possible

@HydroRaven: Storm the door, so that she and O'Connor can pincer attack the interior
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1006 on: <06-10-15/1352:21> »
@HydroRaven: Storm the door, so that she and O'Connor can pincer attack the interior
More asking the other players than declaring any intentions: should Clem throw in another flash bang inside or just try and storm the door so they don't lock us out? Or maybe even drop next to the door, throw her grenade in and block the door from closing? Obviously that would require a few rolls.

Okay, clarifying, Hydro is saying Clem should go for the SIDE door and chuck in a grenade (basically blind firing), Necro is thinking she is still working on the front, which Clem knows is closed, probably locked.  I don't think the pincer is happening.

I am still thinking you guys are all getting ready to rush the side at this point, yes?  Movement wise, as long as Clem uses the -2 mod for her climb and grenade chucking, she can reach the door, O'Connor will reach the door at the end of this round.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #1007 on: <06-10-15/1424:23> »
...  ??? ... :o

Warning! Evil GM detected! Warning!

I don't want to ruin Crossbow's fun, so I'm not going to be specific about what I think is going to happen, but...this could be really bad.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1008 on: <06-10-15/1923:03> »
Yeah, the front door is most probably locked and would require a lot more effort to get open than for Clem to just run back to the side door and do her thing there. Obviously she won't just jump in front of O'Connor's bullets and would wait for him to stop firing for a moment before getting close to the door.

@Crossbow

Is there a physical lock we can see on the hatch? How difficult would it be for Snow to find the lock if it connected to the Matrix and work on it?
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1009 on: <06-11-15/1202:14> »
If there is a Matrix connected lock, to get at it Snow would would have to access the node again, which is on alert and find it.  There is no lock on the outside of the hatch, but if she is really keen to get in that way, Mercy M can give me a Perception roll to examine it

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1010 on: <06-11-15/1235:06> »
Snow examines the hatch.  Examine hatch: 6d6t5 1  Not a good roll, but no glitch.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1011 on: <06-11-15/1430:33> »
How open are the side doors, can O'Connor see in?

Characters

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1012 on: <06-11-15/1529:30> »
How would I deal with shooting at the points on the hatch I have seen? 

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1013 on: <06-11-15/1855:45> »
If O'Connor has stopped firing, Clem will make her way down next to the door, chuck her grenade in and keep her foot in the door's arc so that the occupants can't easily close the door.

Acrobatic Landing 〜 Agility 7 + Athletics Group 2 - Difficulty 2: 7d6t5 1 close call but no glitches. So I'll edge reroll misses. Edge Reroll: 6d6t5 2 So that's 3 hits altogether.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1014 on: <06-11-15/2048:01> »
How open are the side doors, can O'Connor see in?

Door, singular.  Front doors, plural.  Side door, singular

Very open, the goons had to open it pretty far to draw a bead on you last round, and absorbing two actions worth of assault rifle fire means it will not close properly ever again, even if it could be pulled to, which would take effort considering the top hinge is gone.

You can't see much inside the room, the lights are off. Just what I told you in the IC post.

If O'Connor has stopped firing, Clem will make her way down next to the door, chuck her grenade in and keep her foot in the door's arc so that the occupants can't easily close the door.

Acrobatic Landing 〜 Agility 7 + Athletics Group 2 - Difficulty 2: 7d6t5 1 close call but no glitches. So I'll edge reroll misses. Edge Reroll: 6d6t5 2 So that's 3 hits altogether.

Save the edge, one hit is sufficient  You will be able to reach the door at the end of your turn, so chucking the grenade will have to be your third action.  Necro hasn't stated whether 1 action worth of suppressive fire is all he will do.

How would I deal with shooting at the points on the hatch I have seen? 

As normal, they can't dodge :)  You will basically work your damage against the barrier rating to blow the mechanism off.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1015 on: <06-11-15/2140:20> »
Cool.  Snow will act on that in her initiative order.  She is third in the order.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1016 on: <06-12-15/0130:53> »
Okay, I'm confused.  This jumping and grenade throwing, is that still this round or already the next one?

the next round, I can throw in a fireball.  That should light up the place :)
Or if the two heavy hitters are taking the side door, maybe guard the front door (Torley can also do that) in case they run out that way.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1017 on: <06-12-15/0150:13> »
Necro hasn't stated whether 1 action worth of suppressive fire is all he will do.
That kind of depends on how you handle suppressive fire for multi-IP characters. Every GM I've known has had their own house rules on the matter. If it's RAW, I'm going to only use it for the first IP, and hold O'Connor's actions until after Clem goes.

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1018 on: <06-12-15/0251:32> »
I would suggest that since Snow is going for the hatch, Torley and Sammy should keep behind cover and keep an eye on the front door.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1019 on: <06-12-15/0310:55> »
I'll conjure up a spirit during the next round to help with things.  I'll think about what kind and what force during the week-end.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"