NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #975 on: <06-02-15/1326:40> »
Quick question: can I still see the guy I dropped the stunbolt on?  If yes, I'll do it again, otherwise I'll duck behind a car and look for another target I can see.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #976 on: <06-02-15/1843:16> »
Same principle :) Unless they're running on stealth mode, then you'd have to work a bit harder to find it ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #977 on: <06-02-15/2025:09> »
Okay, let me step in and offer some advice.

1) You can search out individual PANs, but in general, these are like fireflies, or maybe ants, in the matrix, so they are usually are beneath your normal notice.

2) You can definitely go after one of the goons' PAN, but it is a risk/reward thing. or probably more of a effort/result thing.  There will not be a huge combat advantage to doing so in most cases.  Maybe you can shut down a gun for a second, or snarl up his cyberware, but that is after passes of breaking in and issuing commands, and that is ONE GUY.  If they have a combat net of some kind, (not likely) you would have to go after that spider again.  You could go after their comms, but right now they are shouting at each other and you can't do much about that.

3) Snow is a jack-of-all-trades with some good hacking gear, when the lead starts flying in a fight she should be shooting back, not fooling around to limited effect in Hot Sim.

4)  ;D ;D ;D   STOP TAKING ORDERS FOR WHAT TO DO IN THE MATRIX FROM A TEAM OF PEOPLE WHO YOU WERE TOLD BY FIONN WERE BARELY ABLE TO WORK THEIR COMMLINKS!   ;D ;D ;D

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #978 on: <06-02-15/2026:03> »
PS Feel free to revise your IC post and actions

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #979 on: <06-02-15/2030:04> »
Quick question: can I still see the guy I dropped the stunbolt on?  If yes, I'll do it again, otherwise I'll duck behind a car and look for another target I can see.

Yes, you can, be sure to add the running mod to your spellcasting if you are move more than walking distance.  Also, because this matter to Sammy and Torley, you guys, because of the angle, can use the chainlink fence for cover from the side door attackers.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #980 on: <06-02-15/2139:17> »
Torley's in favor of cover. :D
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #981 on: <06-03-15/0056:29> »
Thank you for the good advice.  I will delete that post and wait for my turn.  I already have the gun out to support Clem.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #982 on: <06-03-15/0120:22> »

Yes, you can, be sure to add the running mod to your spellcasting if you are move more than walking distance.  Also, because this matter to Sammy and Torley, you guys, because of the angle, can use the chainlink fence for cover from the side door attackers.

I'm not going to do more than my walking distance, as I don't have to.  Just move to a spot with a bit more cover to blast away.  If I can see them from here, I don't see a need to come much closer.  In combat Sammy has one rule: if you can see it, you can hit it.  If you can hit it, you can kill it (or stun, as the case might be)  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #983 on: <06-03-15/2224:06> »
Judging by the initiative table, Snow follows Sammy since Sam does not have a second IP.  My judgement of the distance is that Snow cannot  walk there and shoot so she wil be ready for the next turn since this is her last IP.  ISshe able to use her image link to see what Clem is seeing?

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #984 on: <06-04-15/1229:42> »
You can move the distance easily enough, but if you want to take advantage of cover remember you have a modifier of -2 to deal with when you shoot.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #985 on: <06-04-15/1946:58> »
Okay, O'Connor abort his 3rd pass to dodge so we have four things left in the round.

Sammy's defense of the bullets.

Snow, if she is going to, shooting someone in the front.

Clem's third pass
then O'Connor "going offensive" in his fourth pass.

Did I miss anything?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #986 on: <06-04-15/2152:26> »
OK.  I thought the distance was greater.  Snow will take the shot as she gets to the edge of the roof.

Shoot: 9d6t5 5

Not too bad.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #987 on: <06-04-15/2239:20> »
No, not too bad, but you didn't do the shoot from cover modifier so you basically just stood up on the roof to get that shot.  Also, you are firing a Predator right?  Semi-Auto, you get two shots per pass, just like the goons.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #988 on: <06-04-15/2254:23> »
OK.  Took a second shot.  Pretty good this time as well.  I am on vacation and do not have access to my books, so I am not familiar with the gun's damage.  Hopefully these shots have made an impact.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #989 on: <06-04-15/2319:11> »
No problem