NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #900 on: <05-05-15/0117:29> »
Yeah, looks like whomever is inside is not responding to the equipment being taken offline, so I think Clem and Snow will just have to get down and go inside.

maybe the equipment is so old that taking it out makes it only marginally slower than keeping it working.  They might not have noticed. :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #901 on: <05-06-15/2336:04> »
Sorry it took so long folks, real life got in the way a bit.  Time for some fun.  Placeholder post in the IC thread has been edited, post your rolls and responses here.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #902 on: <05-07-15/0043:13> »
As far as Snow knows, she has accessed the node, found no trace of the information we are looking for, crashed the node, and failed to find any hidden nodes.  She was planning on logging off the node and rejoining the meat world. 

[spoiler]Initiative: 1d6+9 12[/spoiler]

That should give me two actions and the first will be to simply log off.  If some sort of Black IC doesn't stop me it should work.   Logging off is a simple action so I will use my other simple action to draw my taser. 
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #903 on: <05-07-15/0112:32> »
O'Connor's preparing to attack the building, all weapons locked and loaded. So getting out of the car, grabbing the rifle out of the back, stuffing extra clips into pockets, booting up Smartgun systems, that'd all be what, three IPs all together? After that he's on standby until Clem gives the word, or security comes outside.

[spoiler=Initiative]
Reaction 8 + Intuition 3 = Pool 11
Initiative: 11d6t5 3
Total: 14
[/spoiler]
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #904 on: <05-07-15/0506:46> »
Clem is still waiting by the hatch with her flash-bang grenade. Initiative 〜 Reaction 7 + Intuition 4: 11d6t5 3 so that's 14
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #905 on: <05-07-15/1015:50> »
Sam will follow Con's lead, preparing to "storm the castle". He won't pull out a weapon (other than his walking stick) yet, though. It's been a long, frustrating evening for him--he does not like it when he isn't able to get what he wants through his charming personality. ;)

[spoiler]
Initiative: 7d6t5 1, total of 8.
Combat paralysis shouldn't kick in yet, but it wouldn't change the result even if it had. :P
[/spoiler]

Also, Mercy--that looks like a 5E initiative roll. We're still running 4E for this campaign.
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #906 on: <05-07-15/2119:08> »

Also, Mercy--that looks like a 5E initiative roll. We're still running 4E for this campaign.

Initiative: 1d6+9 12

Thvor's right Mercy, in 4e you roll your Initiative in dice, take the successes and add the Initiative score to them, then you get a set number of passes.  Since you are talking to Clem the whole time, I am not sure you are running hot sim or not..

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #907 on: <05-07-15/2321:03> »
Sorry, yes I was confused.  Initiative is

[spoiler]Initiative: 9d6t5+9 12[/spoiler]

I was in hot sim at the start of the turn, but am going to meat initiative as soon as I log off.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #908 on: <05-09-15/0746:23> »
Here's mine.  A bit delayed, but I couldn't get the diceroller to work at work (stupid firewalls).

Sammy:6D6E5  → 2( 2; 6; 3; 4; 2; 5;=> 2 successes against 5 )
So that's initiative 8 in total, 1IP as I don't have any spells up yet.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #909 on: <05-10-15/1136:51> »
I know that everyone must feel like this once in a while, but I do hope that we are not waiting on me.  If so I apologize.  My intent is to have Snow log off the crashed node and assist Clem at the hatch.  At this point she is not yet aware that the guy has sent his little demons after her snow queen, but Snow is pretty convinced that either there is nothing connected to the node or that she missed something.  In any case she needs to get inside to do a direct hook-up to the system to make sure.

I am leery of posting that because I am not sure if the IC sent after Snow will interrupt her intended actions.
« Last Edit: <05-10-15/1141:15> by Mercy Merchant »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #910 on: <05-10-15/1243:45> »
No this is all on me, I have been very lax about getting this next part going, partially because I need to put in some time on matrix combat and I haven't done that.  I will need you to pull that post and hopefully I will have some time today to get things started.  It is a big scene that is starting and I want to do it right..

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #911 on: <05-10-15/1331:29> »
My first action, unless something really strange happens, will be to cast increased reflexes, at force 2, so I have an extra IP.  That spell will go into my health spell sustaining focus.  I will also stay behind the car in hiding until I've cast this spell.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #912 on: <05-10-15/1614:02> »
I have removed the post.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #913 on: <05-12-15/2340:59> »
Okay, a week later and I am finally getting a handle on this.  First off, let's deal with what has happened, there was no crashing of the Derma's system, partially because Snow was acting a little too quickly and partially because she didn't have the Admin account necessary to crash it.

What did happen is that the Spider blocked her attempt to start an alarm, and has found her in the system and is attacking her.  In the meat world security is alerted and is beginning to act defensively, but Snow and the Spider will get in a round of actions before anyone else engages.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #914 on: <05-13-15/0057:42> »
That is a bit frustrating.  The sheet I have does not seem to indicate that I need a certain access level to crash the system.  As for moving too fast, I cannot seem to win.  Either too slow or too fast.  I am sorry for the slight vent, but I am having a hard time understanding what is happening and when to roll ahead or not. 

I will defend against the attack by going full defense.  From what I read of the situation, if the IC gets a hit I cannot log off the system.  Using the full defense means that I give up my next action, which would be to log off.  it seems a real catch 22 here.  I will continue to do this until the IC rolls crappy enough that I might be able to just use regular defense.  Please let me know if I am interpreting this correctly.

Ok.  The defense did not go well.  The IC has 1 net hit.  What do I take in damage?  And I am still in hot sim, as I recall.
« Last Edit: <05-13-15/0110:11> by Mercy Merchant »