NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #810 on: <03-31-15/1208:37> »
I'll do some assensing rolls, as I doubt I've seen that on a quick inspection.  I'll probably need some anyways to locate them.  while building do have a shadow on the astral, they are mostly ignored as they don't matter.  So now I will have to look specifically for it.

As to sneaking around: I have both the stealth and improved invisibility spell, so I'm pretty good at it.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #811 on: <03-31-15/1415:07> »
Clementine

The layout is a block in the middle of a small parking lot.  There is a single row of parking and driving room around the building.  There is an open access to the alley behind, with fences opposite.  There is a jumpable fence about 8 meters from the back of the building, but otherwise it all street access.

Sammy

The forms are approximately in rooms 1, 12 and 5, none have any mods.  Rooms are numbered clockwise from the office which is room #1.

Reminder: Target room is #8

Clarification:  This is NOT a coffin motel, just a really crappy one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=coffin+hotel%3B&safe=images&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=0uMaVb2oDMedgwTunYPgBw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=608

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #812 on: <03-31-15/2207:29> »
I overnighted once at Tokyo International Airport and stayed in a coffin hotel at the airport.  They looked just like the pictures.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #813 on: <03-31-15/2217:43> »
Yup, that's what they look like.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #814 on: <04-01-15/0431:42> »
GM is in confusion mode, not a completely unusual state for him, but still...

Sammy said, "Also the room numbers don't seem to fit to what we have gotten.

What does this mean?  Am I missing something?

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #815 on: <04-01-15/0545:11> »
I'm also confused, but then again it seems to be my natural state here ;)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #816 on: <04-01-15/1142:45> »
Sammy

The forms are approximately in rooms 1, 12 and 5, none have any mods.  Rooms are numbered clockwise from the office which is room #1.

Reminder: Target room is #8

Just going on this.  You said that the target room was 8 and the people are in 1, 5 and 12, so they are not in the target room, right?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #817 on: <04-01-15/1230:10> »

Just going on this.  You said that the target room was 8 and the people are in 1, 5 and 12, so they are not in the target room, right?

Right, #8 being the room that Sunny Daee was found by her security in, that I assume you were going to want to investigate.  I was making it clear that the room you wanted wasn't occupied.

I was putting those clarifications in the info post to make sure you all understood that you have switched investigation tracks, from locating Bacchus to figuring out what happened to Daee. 

Looks like it was needed.  :) ;)

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #818 on: <04-01-15/1526:56> »
OK, modified my post a bit.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #819 on: <04-02-15/1333:26> »
Mercy, give me 4 Data Search rolls on an extended test rules (meaning you will lose a die for each one after the first) and since you are also actively monitoring and protecting the team's comms take an additional die out of the pool.

You will easily find Bacchus' new show and can start reviewing it, but this is for additional legwork to see if you shake anything else loose from the knowledge tree.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #820 on: <04-03-15/0143:02> »
Data search.  Start with 8d6 but take one away for doing other tasks 

First roll:  date Search for Bacchus: 7d6t5 3

Second Roll:  Data Search Second Roll: 6d6t5 3

Third Roll:  Data Search Third Roll: 5d6t5 1

Fourth Roll:  Data Search Fourth Roll: 4d6t5 0

I hope 7 hits is good enough.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #821 on: <04-03-15/1050:21> »
Good enough to muddy the waters a bit more.

In searching for Bacchus' new show, you find that it has been attached, deliberately, by a weird trick of the search algorithms, to the old show that he was on with the A-Kidz, you couldn't search for one without finding the other.  As I mentioned before, between this trick and the similar name that is why Sammy got the new show in her review feed and it kind of blended in.

You also find out that the A-Kidz Pito show, and by extension the spin-off with Bacchus, has a strong connection to Horizon.  This might at first glance like a natural thing, but it really isn't.  Obviously Horizon has a lot of their signed major talent doing Pito shows that they support, but they are not really known for throwing their resources behind some bunch of random wannabes.  The fact that the A-Kidz are slumming corp kids, like the bartender told Sam, does not explain this, as none of the Kidz' parents have that kind of pull at Horizon that you can find.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #822 on: <04-03-15/1545:45> »
Um, I think I need some clarification. Clem and Con are talking about having Sam & Con go talk to the front desk, but I was under the impression that Sammy only found three people in the place, and they're all asleep? Doesn't that imply that whoever's supposedly running the desk has decided to call it a night (and, I'd guess, is in room #1)?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #823 on: <04-03-15/1631:17> »
Yep, apparently O'Connor is looking to wake someone up very rudely.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #824 on: <04-03-15/1750:29> »
O'Connor's of the opinion that talking to the guy is a waste of time, so a little shock and awe to speed things along.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters