NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #270 on: <08-30-14/1827:08> »
Sammy's attacker is behind the bar with her, but if you want to look for a panic button, give me a perception roll

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #271 on: <08-31-14/0118:34> »
Okay Rhat hasn't been on the forums in a week, we will push on.

Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #272 on: <08-31-14/0141:13> »
Okay Rhat hasn't been on the forums in a week, we will push on.
Sorry for my absence, been having some computer issues - been long overdue for a replacement, running on a new machine now.  In the process of getting my files from the old computer; once I've got my rule books back, I'll get my actions going again.
Hey, you're alive. Welcome back.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #273 on: <08-31-14/0231:43> »
Welcome back, we could use some extra hands :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #274 on: <08-31-14/0810:52> »
Yeah, welcome back!
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #275 on: <08-31-14/1342:34> »
Sammy's attacker is behind the bar with her, but if you want to look for a panic button, give me a perception roll

intuition 3 + perception 2 + enhancers 2 + looking 3 =10 (10d6.hits(5)=2)

It was annoying that he got 4 hits on his willpower roll against my stunbolt.  If I don't see a panick button (and if I'm still standing when it's my turn, as my attacker is first), I'll simply try to stunbolt him again, hoping to get him this time.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #276 on: <08-31-14/2104:14> »

Welcome back, now hurry up and get caught up.  :)  Roll some initiative and stuff.

It was annoying that he got 4 hits on his willpower roll against my stunbolt.  If I don't see a panick button (and if I'm still standing when it's my turn, as my attacker is first), I'll simply try to stunbolt him again, hoping to get him this time.

Okay, so you have a logic of four, which works out to an automatic success, so I am gonna give you this one for free since you seem to be getting real wrapped up about it.  Since you know, though you haven't yet seen, that there is a mage in the opposing group, between the spell on the crowd and your spirit getting dismissed, it is fairly reasonable that said mage has probably set up Cowboy Boots with Counterspelling protection, which would have helped him resist your spell.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #277 on: <09-03-14/0145:43> »
Karmic Justice!!!  :P

Reaction 8 + Dodge 7 + Improved Skill (Dodge) 2 - Prone 2 = Pool 15
15d6.hits(5) → [3,3,4,1,1,3,1,6,3,5,5,6,2,1,5] = (5)

Characters

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #278 on: <09-03-14/0203:43> »
Okay, change of plan.  Find the mage, who has to be in the crowd (counterspelling is line of sight only) and take him/her out (or ask one of the others to do it in melee).  I'll wait with my roll until it's my turn, as I'm last and I can have penalties if that guy hits me.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #279 on: <09-03-14/1119:16> »
I believe Sam's up next. I also believe that he's out of sight of the others, correct? So he's heard the gunshots & yelling, but doesn't know what's going on with Sammy, the combat wombats, or Fionn?
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #280 on: <09-04-14/1416:00> »
That would be correct, and to make it slightly worse, they have no idea that he has managed to survive an entire round vs a gilette.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #281 on: <09-04-14/2021:41> »
Clem, disoriented from the fall, tries to move away from her attacker but is electrocuted from a direct hit to the side of her ribcage. The ork groans from the shock of the damage, but quickly tries to shrug off the pain and the numbness she feels from the attack.

[spoiler]Body 5 + Willpower 3 + 1/2 Impact Armour 6 (11d6.hits(5)=6) no glitches. Finally a good roll![/spoiler]

That is a successful incapacitation resist, remember you still have a -2 pool mod for what is probably the rest of the scene, you still have the normal stun damage of 9 boxes to resist with Body + 1/2 impact.

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #282 on: <09-04-14/2130:34> »
I knew I forgot something. I'll get right on that.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #283 on: <09-05-14/0147:46> »
In spite of his odd position, O'Connor ALMOST slips away.  He finds himself in an oddly inverted half-crab arm bar, with the pulpy ruined mass of Swede's former knee weeping fluids onto his face as he is pinned down.  (Subdued)

Which arm is locked? And did O'Connor retain his weapon through all of this?

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #284 on: <09-06-14/0136:26> »
He has not been disarmed of his gun, but he also can't bring either weapon to bear in a usable direction.

(RAW p. 162)

To break out of the lock, the defender must take a Complex
Action and succeed in a Strength + Unarmed Combat Test with a
threshold equal to the net hits scored on the grappling test. Otherwise
the defender remains subdued and cannot take any actions requiring
physical movement.
Consider the subdued character to be prone for
any attacks made against him.