NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #165 on: <07-20-14/2056:28> »
Torley's perception:

5 INT + 5 Skill +2: 12d6.hits(5)=2 ??? Almost a glitch, but not quite. Phew. Still not likely to notice much, I'm afraid. :-\
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #166 on: <07-20-14/2146:10> »
Actually, you notice enough.  Both of you can see that the crowd coming out of the elevator and rushing towards the set are not acting normally, as if in the grip of some magical effect.

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #167 on: <07-21-14/0123:09> »
Rhat, I still need Fionn's activity and initiative roll

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #168 on: <07-21-14/0351:10> »
Actually, you notice enough.  Both of you can see that the crowd coming out of the elevator and rushing towards the set are not acting normally, as if in the grip of some magical effect.

Then this will be something to investigate in my second IP.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #169 on: <07-21-14/0409:34> »
Initiative (8d6.hits(5)=4)  So that's 12.

Additionally you will note when you go to contact them that there is something interfering with using the comms all of a sudden.

What sort of something?  If it's jamming or anything like that (which wouldn't be at all subtle, and can be countered - if Signal+ECCM exceeds the jamming rating, you can cut through it), I should think Fionn would recognize it for what it is the moment it started up - especially since part of his previous action was monitoring any sort of feeds (which would include stuff like social networking) that might hint at things going bad.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #170 on: <07-21-14/0813:24> »
You are correct, you would know, it is a jammer.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #171 on: <07-21-14/1555:57> »
From the corner of hi his eye, Sam also notes three individuals dressed similarly to the mob, but coming from the hall behind him and not from the elevator.

Question: is the mob dressed in such a way that Sam could attempt to blend in with them (after taking off his armored vest, I'm assuming)?

May not be the wisest action, of course, but it's something he'd consider. :D

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #172 on: <07-21-14/1606:19> »
As long as the mob isn't going directly to the armours, the spirit isn't going to do anything in the first IP, so you can skip him.  Otherwise he will come to Sammy as instructed.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #173 on: <07-21-14/1759:00> »
That is not strictly true, there are folks heading for the armor, they just aren't there yet.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #174 on: <07-22-14/0406:33> »
[spoiler]Threading ECCM (6d6.hits(5)=2)
Fading Resistance (12d6.hits(5)=6)[/spoiler]

...  Well that was a ludicrously successful resistance roll.

Alright, Matrix rules dump for everyone's benefit:  Jamming basically only effects you if your Signal rating (with, if you have one active, your ECCM program rating added in) is less than the rating of the Jamming.  Fionn's Signal is Resonance/2, so 3 (rounded up), and he's just threaded a Rating 2 ECCM Complex Form to help him cut through.  So he's only effected by the jamming if the rating thereof at his location (there's falloff due to distance; -1 every five meters from an area jammer or 20 meters from a directional jammer) is 6 or higher.  The rules describe a jammed device as "losing wireless connectivity"; plain text, that probably prevents receiving transmissions just as much as sending them, but that's up to Crossbow for a ruling.

Took a quick scan through because I'm trying to be helpful, and it looks like Clem might be okay as well - her Fairlight Caliban has a Signal of 5, so depending on the rating of the jammer there's a decent chance she and Fionn still have comms.  The others all have a Signal of 3, so their chances aren't quite as good but depending on the jammer type and positioning there's a possibility.

Long-term, we may want to look at getting (or pirating) ECCM programs for everyone to cope with this exact situation.  For the mean-time, I'm just looking to know (a) if Fionn can punch through the jamming, and (b) if so, who if anyone does he see as online?
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #175 on: <07-22-14/0425:40> »
I have a satellite link, which gives a signal of 8, so that should be okay.  Only problem is that I can't use it at the moment, as I'm surrounded by the mob and I assume you have to keep it steady in order to link with the sat.  And Sammy is at the moment not really interested in communicating with anybody, except maybe her spirit.

So no wild shooting in the mob (we're not looking at anybody in particular ... O'Conner) or I will fireball your ass.  ;)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #176 on: <07-22-14/0919:26> »
Yes, once you thread up your signal you can punch through, and you are correct that Clem is also online.  You can send a short message to her.

I missed Thvor's post yesterday, no, you wouldn't blend beyond your magical talents, even if you removed the tactical vest, which you have no time to do, especially since one of the group you noticed before has already seen you.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #177 on: <07-22-14/1237:08> »
Since Sam's out of sight with Fionn & his comm's being jammed, I've gone ahead and posted his actions for the round.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #178 on: <07-22-14/1313:13> »
My second IP will be spend trying to get out of the group, so I can have a closer look in the astral without being overrun.  I don't know what I have to roll to get out, so as soon as you let me know, I'll roll it and post something.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #179 on: <07-22-14/1437:24> »
Crossbow--does this mean that my earlier posting for Sam's action (approaching the trio) doesn't happen? If so, I'll go ahead and delete it.