NEWS

[OOC] New Beginnings-Horizon

• 2029 Replies

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #120 on: <06-29-14/1826:19> »
From your description, it kinda sounds like O'Connor has the Fallout Bloody Mess perk.
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #121 on: <06-29-14/1852:37> »
Fair enough Crossbow, just remove the last couple of dices from the end of the roll, I can live with that :)
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #122 on: <06-29-14/2023:09> »
From your description, it kinda sounds like O'Connor has the Fallout Bloody Mess perk.

Have not played Fallout yet, but probably.  Explosive rounds + missed body roll = chunky salsa snowblower.  It also equals a lot of attention, but that is YOUR problem :)

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #123 on: <06-29-14/2132:53> »
Just to make sure I'm interpreting this right. The crew attacking the van was originally seven strong. Two were on the left of the vehicle; one was covering Clem, and the other was at the side door cutting cargo straps. One was on the right of the vehicle to cover O'Connor. Four were at the back of the van, three were grabbing the goods and one was covering Sammy. That correct?

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #124 on: <06-29-14/2232:48> »
Just to make sure I'm interpreting this right. The crew attacking the van was originally seven strong. Two were on the left of the vehicle; one was covering Clem, and the other was at the side door cutting cargo straps. One was on the right of the vehicle to cover O'Connor. Four were at the back of the van, three were grabbing the goods and one was covering Sammy. That correct?

Almost, the cargo door on the van is on the passenger side of the vehicle.  So the guy who cut the straps is over there.  Sammy's seat, such as it is, is behind the driver.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #125 on: <06-30-14/0125:18> »
Then my attack is directed at the one covering me.   :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #126 on: <06-30-14/0154:34> »
I was wondering why you were ignoring him.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #127 on: <06-30-14/0317:41> »
I must have misread the description.  Well, he can count himself lucky insofar that he will probably survive.  :)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #128 on: <07-01-14/0509:59> »
(OOC: Rhat hasn't been on for a bit now, we will resolve the Matrix when he returns.  The opposition has no extra passes, so feel free to complete your actions.)

Yeah, I have to apologize for my absence - I could go into why, but at a certain point I'm sure it just seems like making excuses.

So, Fionn's gonna drop into VR right away (but won't get his extra passes until next turn), and compile a Paladin sprite to make with the fighting (though to get one that can both do that and actually find the bastard, I'll be eating Physical Fading - their complex form list has always struck me as a bit weird).  A quick rules question I haven't been able to resolve on my own - does the compiled sprite start into Initiative right away, including on the same pass? 
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #129 on: <07-01-14/1410:25> »

Yeah, I have to apologize for my absence - I could go into why, but at a certain point I'm sure it just seems like making excuses.

Boy, do I know that feeling, don't sweat it dude, glad you made it back.  :)

So, Fionn's gonna drop into VR right away (but won't get his extra passes until next turn), and compile a Paladin sprite to make with the fighting (though to get one that can both do that and actually find the bastard, I'll be eating Physical Fading - their complex form list has always struck me as a bit weird).  A quick rules question I haven't been able to resolve on my own - does the compiled sprite start into Initiative right away, including on the same pass?

As a quick and dirty answer, I am going to say no.  I will try to find justification for that, but it just feels like the right answer and if you can't find it, I know it will be hard for me to.  Compiled sprites don't start taking actions until the next turn when they roll their own initiative.

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #130 on: <07-01-14/1750:38> »
The rule I was looking for is the rule on new combatants coming in in the middle of a combat turn.  I know SR5 has something for it, and I thought SR4 did too, but I can't find it.

Then again, SR4 is a lot more punishing with regard to initiative changes.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #131 on: <07-01-14/1814:46> »
If I remember right the number of IPs were as follows:

O'Connor - 4
Clem - 3
Fionn - 1/3 (Matrix)
Sammy - 1/3 (Astral)
Torley - 1

Correct?

Characters

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #132 on: <07-01-14/2343:14> »
I thought Sammy had some kind of reflex trick going, but you are otherwise correct.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #133 on: <07-02-14/0209:05> »
I currently have only 1 IP.  I have the spell increase reflexes, but I have to cast it before it's active and I haven't.  I first wanted to take one of those idiots out (@Crossbow: how did my spell go BTW).  I'll put it active if needed here, otherwise when we arrive at the Needle.

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #134 on: <07-02-14/1452:28> »
FYI, I'm going to be on vacation until Sunday evening. I'll be able to check the forum & see what's going on, but I probably won't be able to roll dice. Of course, Sam's likely to be cowering while the shooting's going on, especially after what Con just did. :o

And I hate to say it, but if Sammy doesn't get a second IP this round, I don't think she gets to fire that stunbolt. First pass was taken up with the surprise round, at which point she couldn't target any of the gangers. :-(
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!