JM_Hardy

• Administrator
  • Omae
« on: <03-18-11/0007:05> »
Attitude errata can be submitted here!

Jason H.
Jason M. Hardy
Shadowrun Line Developer

"The thing is, I’m serious about what I do, and the people with whom I associate are serious about what they do. We’re all serious people. Look, I can even make a serious face. See?" --Quinn Bailey

KarmaInferno

• Ace Runner
  • Armor Stacking Cheese Monkey
« Reply #1 on: <03-18-11/1310:26> »
PDF seems to take forever to load each page past the covers. Running "reduce file size" optimization in Acrobat Pro fixed the problem, though I had to re-create the Bookmarks.

Speaking of bookmarks, several typoes there.

-k

Raventrickster

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <03-18-11/1923:21> »
Seems to be an issue with how Adobe Acrobat loads the file, because it runs smooth as silk in Foxit Reader.

Also another typo early on... need to find the page for it again...

There we go, page 20, right column first paragraph, line 4

"Then, get to other some landmark or another. "

I'm guessing that other shouldn't be there.

EDIT: added line number
« Last Edit: <03-18-11/1929:39> by Raventrickster »

bigity

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <04-15-11/1059:30> »
So I saw there was a new print run of Attitude.  Will the current errata be included in the reprint?

EDIT: I meant Arsenal so disregard :)
« Last Edit: <04-15-11/2247:51> by bigity »

DesVoeux

• Newb
  • Accipe Hoc
« Reply #4 on: <04-15-11/2221:41> »
page 135: Aufheben comments about the music industry, when it should probably be Kat o' Nine Tales. (Sunshine responds to the post about how the poster is in a band and has a manager... Aufheben is an anarchist mercenary with Black Star, Kat o' Nine Tales is in a band and has a manager.)

page 137: Winterhawk comments, "Say what you want about Haze, but I'm pretty sure he's too smart to rise to that kind of baiting." But Ma'Fan is who he should be referring to, and Ma'Fan is a she.
"No one starts a war; or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so; without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <04-15-11/2356:35> »
page 135: Aufheben comments about the music industry, when it should probably be Kat o' Nine Tales. (Sunshine responds to the post about how the poster is in a band and has a manager... Aufheben is an anarchist mercenary with Black Star, Kat o' Nine Tales is in a band and has a manager.)
The post with Aufheben (and Sunshine's response) is on p. 132-133 and Sunshine's response is discussing bands because Aufheben used the band/music metaphor to explain why shadowrunners shouldn't be managers/bosses of other shadowrunners.
page 137: Winterhawk comments, "Say what you want about Haze, but I'm pretty sure he's too smart to rise to that kind of baiting." But Ma'Fan is who he should be referring to, and Ma'Fan is a she.
This comment is in response to Ma'Fan discussing Fatima's death, which Haze had a part in

Quote from: Ghost Cartels, p. 20
> All I want to know is if the First Nations killed Fatima and if Haze had anything to do with that. I’m not going to lose any sleep over some spoiled Salish brat slumming it in Seattle, but there were First Nations gangers in that firefight that Fatima was caught in. If I find out that Haze was there or that he helped these assholes kill her, he’d better pray that Lone Star finds him before I do.
> Pistons

> I swear to God, I wasn’t there, Pistons. I knew the First Nations and Ragers were fighting over tempo, but I didn’t know Fatima was involved. I wouldn’t have let it get to that point if I knew. Lone Star is breathing down my neck, shaking down my contacts to find me. The First Nations aren’t lifting a finger to help me. They’d probably turn me in if they knew where I was. I have to leave Seattle for awhile. I don’t know when I’ll be back on Jackpoint. I’m really sorry about Fatima. I’m sorry about everything.
> Haze

DesVoeux

• Newb
  • Accipe Hoc
« Reply #6 on: <04-16-11/0216:39> »
I stand corrected. My apologies.
"No one starts a war; or rather, no one in his senses ought to do so; without first being clear in his mind what he intends to achieve by that war and how he intends to conduct it." - Carl Philipp Gottfried von Clausewitz

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <04-16-11/0954:20> »
I stand corrected. My apologies.
No problem! Good to see you're checking the content for errors as well. :)

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #8 on: <04-17-11/1614:13> »
Keep in mind a couple things..

1)  Shadowtalkers will comment on anything, not just their areas of expertise.  They're "real people", and as such have a little knowledge about a lot of things.  They also all have a bit of an ego, and they all like talking.  Lord knows I'll pipe up on random threads here and on Dumpshock and RPGnet about anything I have a passing interest in, even if I'm not all that knowledgeable about the subject, if I happen to know (Or think I know) a fact or two.

2)  Not every Jackpointer knows every other Jackpointer all that well.  There's a poster on RPGnet that would start a weekly thread for a TV show I liked.  I contributed to that thread every week, and numerous threads this person had posted in.  The poster made no secret of the fact that she was female, but her handle was a bit ambiguous (I know a guy who used the same handle on IRC years ago, and knew him IRL, so know he was a he), and it just didn't come up very often.  For probably 4 years, I assumed this poster was male, and one day referred to them as "he" and got corrected.

When it comes to the Shadowtalk, never assume anything written is an error on the author's part.  It might be.  But it might also be a deliberate error.  Shadowtalkers are not always right, and they don't always know everything.

Bull

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <04-17-11/1625:58> »
Shadowtalkers are not always right, and they don't always know everything.
Which are two ways they differ from real-life posters on internet forums.

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-17-11/1721:55> »
Shadowtalkers are not always right, and they don't always know everything.
Which are two ways they differ from real-life posters on internet forums.

Hah!  Now now...  RL posters only THINK they know.  And most Jackpointers probably do to. ;)

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #11 on: <04-17-11/1729:03> »
With Shadowtalk, especially the old books when ShadowLand was the post of preference, opinions were like hoopholes...

Everyone has one, and they're not always clean.  :P
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Bull

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-17-11/1745:21> »
Exactly :)

Nothing written as Shadowtalk (or indeed, anything that's written In Character) can be considered 100% Gospel Truthiness.  Everything posted is colored by opinion, colored by prejudice, and sometimes people are, simply put, wrong.  Most stuff won't be and the Jackpointers especially are all highly skilled professionals (for the most part), but there's always that slight margin for error.  And that margin is deliberate, always has been.  It maintains the fiction of us seeing the game world through the sometimes distorted eyes of it's inhabitants, and it gives the GM some wiggle room to adapt the game canon to his needs without always completely disregarding it.

Bull

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #13 on: <04-17-11/1749:12> »
And bear in mind that even the stuff that isn't Shadowtalk is usually posted in character as well, or is copy-pasted from sources that are...  Less than reliable.

Going back to good ol' Dirk (*Pours a 40 on the curb*), he said that you take one extreme, take the other, give a little leeway, and the answer will be somewhere in the middle.  Bear in mind that most of the stuff we're reading about the Shadowrun Universe can be said to be coming from one of those extremes.  (Anti-Corporate Neo-Anarchistic Amoral Borderline-Sociopathic Shadowrunners.  And some aren't so borderline.  *Cough*Kane*Cough*.).
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Ultra Violet

• Omae
  • Child of the Matrix
« Reply #14 on: <06-13-11/1755:43> »
Errata Points:
p. 160 [Black-Box]:
Armor: Most clothing does not come with any ballistic or impact protection, but new techniques allow for some protection. Carbon-boron infusion, Kevlar threading, and Delta-amyloid coatings are available. (Layered protection rules still apply). these modifications can be added to regular clothing or to armor clothing (p. 326, SR4A)
How does it work? Does count every Armor-option separately as layer or does it stack with other options? Another thing is the compatibility with YNT SoftWeave Armor (see War! p.160-161), welcome to high-power-armored PC... :P

p. 166 [Black-Box]:
Medusa Extensions: Missing Rule-Text (including Std. Upgrades)
 :o Seriously guys, you used so much page space for doubled tables in this book, and the actual text is missing. ;D

« Last Edit: <06-13-11/1757:15> by Ultra Violet »