NEWS

How do I kill this NPC?

• 72 Replies

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #60 on: <09-29-11/0636:44> »
AMEN Zilfer!  AMEN!  But back on topic in one of the newer Shadowrun books dated I want to say just before Crash 2.0 (I think the name of it was Fallen Angels but don't quote me on that).  They mention a Spirit in Tir Tarnagire that is just short of Godlike in Force.  Technically, there is no limit to force because technically with initation there is no limit to magic.  Just soaking all that drain from summoning a force 42 spirit would suck.
Living the Electronic Dream

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #61 on: <09-29-11/1834:35> »
AMEN Zilfer!  AMEN!  But back on topic in one of the newer Shadowrun books dated I want to say just before Crash 2.0 (I think the name of it was Fallen Angels but don't quote me on that).  They mention a Spirit in Tir Tarnagire that is just short of Godlike in Force.  Technically, there is no limit to force because technically with initation there is no limit to magic.  Just soaking all that drain from summoning a force 42 spirit would suck.

I thought there was a limit to the amount you could initiate? o.O
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #62 on: <09-29-11/1840:05> »
The only limit is karma cost. Oh, and Grade cannot exceed magic, Magic cannot exceed natural max.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #63 on: <09-29-11/1844:59> »
The only limit is karma cost. Oh, and Grade cannot exceed magic, Magic cannot exceed natural max.

oh so wait.... i get it now.

6 Magic, I have maximum of initiate 1. <.< Then i take the initiation then get 7 magic.

Which means my maximum is now 7 initiation which pretty much means it can go on in an endless cycle.... if you have forever to play this guy and make him beastly.

Resisting drain when your getting 1 dice per initation level it might not be that bad. (centering that is)
Having access to Ares Technology isn't so bad, being in a room that's connected to the 'trix with holographic display throughout the whole room isn't bad either. Food, drinks whenever you want it. Over all not bad, but being unable to leave and with a Female Dragon? No Thanks! ~The Captive Man

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #64 on: <09-29-11/1953:26> »
No, 6 Magic, you have a maximum initiate of 6. If you lose Magic to below your initiate, you lose the grade as well. Magic maxes at Essence rounded down plus initiate grade minus any permanent losses to Magic from other sources, if that rule is used from Street Magic.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #65 on: <09-29-11/2000:21> »
No, 6 Magic, you have a maximum initiate of 6. If you lose Magic to below your initiate, you lose the grade as well. Magic maxes at Essence rounded down plus initiate grade minus any permanent losses to Magic from other sources, if that rule is used from Street Magic.

Ah so Maximum initiative grade is not equalled to magic even after you initiate and bump your magic up one stat then?

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #66 on: <09-29-11/2003:24> »
No, the max is precisely equal to current Magic.

A Magic 5 character can have Magic anywhere from 0 to 5, but no higher. A Magic 4 character can have a grade between 0 and 4. A Magic 15 character can have a Grade anywhere from 9 to 15. As long as the Grade supports current Magic and the Grade is not higher than current Magic you are good.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #67 on: <09-29-11/2032:49> »
No, the max is precisely equal to current Magic.

A Magic 5 character can have Magic anywhere from 0 to 5, but no higher. A Magic 4 character can have a grade between 0 and 4. A Magic 15 character can have a Grade anywhere from 9 to 15. As long as the Grade supports current Magic and the Grade is not higher than current Magic you are good.

I think there may be some miss communication from what either I'm saying or what I'm reading.

So lets take a magic 1 person. They initiatve level 1, and then spend karma to bring their magic up to 2. Magic 2 thus maximum possible initiative grade is now 2? so they spend karma to initative (sorry spelling) and bring it to level 2, and bring their magic up to level 3 with karma. Making their initiative able to go up yet again? And magic and Initiative grades just keep helping eachother higher and higher? or am I missing something here? Sorry, i'm not quite understanding where i'm missunderstanding.

Walks Through Walls

• Ace Runner
« Reply #68 on: <09-29-11/2128:54> »
Zilfer you are right. The maximum level you can initiate to is your current magic rating.
The maximum your magic can be is 6+ your initiation level. So a level 1 initiate has a max magic of 7.
It is NOT under any racial maximum. If you get street legends there are several metahuman characters with magic of 10+
"Walking through walls isn't tough..... if you know where the doors are."
"It's not being seen that is the trick."

Walks Through Walls

ARC

• Omae
« Reply #69 on: <09-30-11/0316:00> »
the way I have always understood the rules is if you have a magic of 6 then Initiate to level one, you can then get a max magic of 7.  so that once you have an Initiate grade of 6 you can have a max magic of 12 plus 6 for initiate.  that being said if you have a skill rank of spell casting 6 you have 24 dice to cast.
Living the Electronic Dream

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #70 on: <09-30-11/1152:19> »
Not sure myself that's why I was asking however. To get high magic it still requires loads of Karma considering you get 3-5 karma a game? And you need like 35 Karma to increase magic to 7? (what i'm working on) I've already paid 13 karma for initiation but I think i'm going to MAYBE shoot for Magic 8 and then stop there. I might like to pick up some Face skills. xD

Mason

• Ace Runner
« Reply #71 on: <09-30-11/1237:48> »
My group shoots for 7-12 Karma per adventure. On average. But adventures span more than one night.

Zilfer

• Ace Runner
« Reply #72 on: <09-30-11/1326:23> »
My group shoots for 7-12 Karma per adventure. On average. But adventures span more than one night.

Indeed, that was the same before I limited it to 1 night, since Food and space are the issue. xD Feeding 8+ mouths happen to be quite an expensive hobbie considering most of them do not work. XD