NEWS

Best campaign that never was

• 53 Replies

Charybdis

• Ace Runner
  • If it's last name is Dragon, first name Great: RUN
« Reply #30 on: <02-21-11/2143:21> »
How.. Mesozoic.  I was thinking some of the crazy Paleozoic stuff.  Mississippian/Devonian crazyness.

Damnyankee
Hell, start the runners as single cells...under attack by those multi-cell 'freaks'

Set the Wayback machine for the Paleozoic era

Huzzah!
'Too much is never enough'

Current PC: Free Spirit (Norse Shamanic)
'Names are irrelevant. Which fake ID do you want me to quote from?'

Phreak Commandment V:
If Thou Be In School, Strive To Get Thine Self Good Grades, For The Authorities Well Know That Scholars Never Break The Law

Rockopolis

• Omae
  • Severe Shadowrun Addiction
« Reply #31 on: <02-21-11/2159:06> »
On the other hand, in media res is a way to skip backstory and everything.  Kinda like Chandler's Law, I guess.  When in doubt, dinosaurs!
All nifty creatures, but this (probably?) isn't an aquatic campaign; it's not Blue Planet, after all.
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.
Mossy the Mentat Looking for a game.

Damnyankee

• Newb
« Reply #32 on: <02-21-11/2225:43> »
On the other hand, in media res is a way to skip backstory and everything.  Kinda like Chandler's Law, I guess.  When in doubt, dinosaurs!
All nifty creatures, but this (probably?) isn't an aquatic campaign; it's not Blue Planet, after all.
Some of thoes are terrestrial.  Also, now you have an excuse for cybering them.

Cyber-zombie-dinosaurs.

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #33 on: <02-21-11/2227:04> »
Some of thoes are terrestrial.  Also, now you have an excuse for cybering them.

Cyber-zombie-dinosaurs.

Heh one of the guys i used to play with back in 2nd said that his character had nightmares about that very thing
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #34 on: <02-22-11/0348:41> »
How about stealing data from technomancer swarms of ants? or defending the Seattle matrix from their invasion aka march of the african ants, eating data, burning nodes...
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Damnyankee

• Newb
« Reply #35 on: <02-22-11/0704:18> »
How about stealing data from technomancer swarms of ants? or defending the Seattle matrix from their invasion aka march of the african ants, eating data, burning nodes...
Technomancer ants VS the nanite Horde Was a Grade be Trid released in 2071.

Damnyankee

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <02-22-11/0824:34> »
Hmm...seems best for a oneshot, though a skillful gamemaster and merciful players could probably work with it; how about the usual goals of extraction and data recovery, but have one (or more) players be at cross purposes; eliminate witnesses, destroy surveillance, return data?  Or I suppose there could be an open counteroffer...which seems to lead into game theory if the regular run is more lucrative in total but the treacherous one is more lucrative for the traitor.
I'm also considering having the players meet up on separate missions, possibly with a mexican stand off, for the in medias res.  Maybe they've met before, maybe not.
This sounds like it calls for higher BP, more experienced runners.
EDIT: and possibly have one person to record a reality tv show, suitably edited, like that story in SR4Anniversary.
« Last Edit: <02-22-11/0829:01> by Rockopolis »
Shadowrunners are reminded that the Fashion Police are a real organization and will they will be deployed at the first sign of defiance.

Rockopolis

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <03-03-11/2231:08> »
Hmm...how about in media res, after a laes exposure?  Take a lot of coordination, and trust in the GM, but it could be interesting.  Better as a story, probably.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #38 on: <03-03-11/2305:21> »
My story, "A Night To Never Remember" ( http://canray.deviantart.com/gallery/2884133 ) was intended as a game, but I burned out as a GM and couldn't run it.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

raggedhalo

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <03-04-11/0957:26> »
Hmm...how about in media res, after a laes exposure?

There's one of these in a supplement from SR2...maybe Super Tuesday?

Anyway, I always liked it, but as you say - you really need the right relationship with your group.

Edit: I think it was actually Shadows of the Underworld
« Last Edit: <03-04-11/1132:20> by raggedhalo »
Joe Rooney
Freelancer (Missions and otherwise: here's my stuff, plus CMP 2011-05 Burn Notice)

My Obsidian Portal profile

Man Who Walks At Night

• Newb
« Reply #40 on: <03-04-11/1020:22> »
Hmm...so, the Runners are hired to extract/rescue someone from the park, and/or steal data, and/or eliminate witnesses, and/or commit sabotage...what other activities go down there?

Don't forget horribly playing with DNA to bring back stuff nature killed off might have an impact on the astral space, definitely need to raise the background count a bit :)
-Frag you and the hog you rode in on.

zen bullet

• Newb
« Reply #41 on: <03-12-11/0327:26> »
I actually decided to run this game, calling it Jurassic Run, I'm trying to figure out various stats for velociraptors and the Cybersaurus Rex later tonight.

The way I'm going to do it, since my game is based in LA, the main group are going in undercover as security with simsense rigs to sell to Horizon. At least one will be secretly hired by the DF to find out if rumors about dragon bones is true (they aren't), an NPC will be doing an extraction playing the Nedry role, while an amazonian strike force is going to attack to scorch the earth and keep Aztechnology from testing their new bioweapons.

I was going to set it in Aztlan, Costa Rica, of course, but have the company be the subsidiary of another megacorp, just don't know which one...

And looking over the thread I realize Rockopolis pretty much described my game idea...

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #42 on: <03-17-11/0030:34> »
This is an awesome idea dinosaurs make everything better.

How about one of the objectives be to capture a live one or two. I'm pretty sure allot of people would pay big money for a velociraptor biodrone.
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Misroi

• Newb
« Reply #43 on: <03-18-11/1226:53> »
I do remember seeing an advertisement for a Shadowrun game at GenCon one year where a Johnson hires you to go to some remote jungle which was conducting secret biological and genetic experiments in the late 20th century.  The runners are to find the research labs and steal the genetic information that's been kept there.

Naturally, it's Jurassic Park, and the dinos are still loose and thriving.  Based upon the events of the movie, the labs would be overgrown and virtually useless, but records would show that one of the employees fled the complex with vials containing the genetic material of the subjects.  The mission is fairly standard by Shadowrun terms - find the package while avoiding detection.  Of course, the Johnson neglected that a very hungry T. Rex is on the island, along with packs of Velociraptors...

zen bullet

• Newb
« Reply #44 on: <03-19-11/0603:48> »
Try to take some alive!

So didn't think of that...

It's genius but I'm not sure I have room left in this thing for that!

It's kinda spiraled out of control with three different extraction teams in the mix and a little kaern exploration for decent measure, I didn't want the players to get to comfortable with the plotline of the movie so I started changing stuff. Although I am going to keep "they do move in herds" in cuz I want to hit up the theme music there for maximum cheese.

I was going to start posting the stats up soon once I got them down but here's what I've thought of so far...

I decided that the velociraptors are emerged and they will team up with the facility's AI when shit goes down.

The Trex will be crazy cybered up, maybe with miniguns for hands. After it gets killed by the players it's machinery will be hacked by the AI and it will lumber again some more!

And things I'm calling terrordactyls which will be Awakened in some way I haven't decided.

Also I'm throwing in the main characters from We3 as one of the extraction teams and the amazonians will be changelings and dracoforms so I'm just going crazy with critter stats in this game.

And maybe some Red Samurai as a random encounter...