NEWS

Addresses in SR Seattle

• 2 Replies

LonePaladin

• Chummer
  • Creator of HeroForge
« on: <03-08-15/0158:08> »
While going over part of the introductory SR5 adventure "Splintered State", I noticed that the first location mentioned gave a street address: the Banshee bar in the Barrens, with an address of 1267 163rd Ave. NE.

Out of curiosity, and possibly to include a screen-grab from Google Earth, I looked it up, to no avail. It put me somewhere south of Mountlake Terrace, on 163rd Street (near Kellogg Middle School). After a bit of poking around, I figured out that it had the street completely wrong, and eventually figured out where the address should have been pointing: eastern Bellevue, near Lake Sammamish.

'Course, the street address doesn't actually exist at all. The closest I could get is just south (it actually turns away at 12th and 163rd), right in the middle of a very large posh-looking apartment complex.

Granted, this is the Barrens in about forty years. There's nothing saying the whole place got razed to make the nearby shopping mall bigger.

What I wouldn't give for a zoomable map of 2050-75 Seattle.
"You can stop talking now.  Really.  Stop.  I have a Uzi."

ᴖᴥᴖ

Download my Matrix Card set:
https://sites.google.com/site/resonancerealms/

Spooky

• Omae
  • If you run, you'll only die tired.
« Reply #1 on: <03-08-15/1502:29> »
There is a thread on here somewhere about mapping Seattle. I forget where, but I do remember that Namikaze is involved, so you could look at his posts to find it.
Spooky, what do you do this pass? Shoot him with my thunderstruck gauss rifle. (Rolls)  8 hits. Does that blow his head off?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #2 on: <03-08-15/1703:55> »
One of my favorite resources is found at www.chinagreenelvis.com.  Additionally I'm working on creating a wiki of every location, NPC, and organization in Seattle.
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.