NEWS

Stormfront

• 139 Replies

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #135 on: <06-29-13/1948:12> »
You all seem to consider all dragonkind as cold snakes willing to sacrifice their allies and friends in order to achieve their goals without holding their breath a second, but I am not thinking the same. Big D was not like that, and some have proven very friendly and very caring about their allies and so on.
Someone told in another topic that they took interpreter while they can morph in metahuman because they are and feel so much above us,
but I don't think a dragon would have sacrificed himself if it was the case for him. Not even for being "the savior". His testament showed all the good he thought of metahumans and other living things, and I think at least a few other great are in this case.
There's a difference between public and private personas, Boomstick. Big D might not have come off as being a manipulative bastard willing to move people around like so many pawns on the chess board, but his will clearly showed what the score was. For instance, the part where he strips this guy of his SIN, bank accounts, everything, and puts a bounty on his head for a week, after which time if he shows up to the Draco Foundation, he gets his stuff back, assuming no one's cashed in on him yet.

It isn't just dragons. Immortal Elves, national leaders, and megacorp CEOs are right up there as well. You don't get to the highest levels of power without manipulating those below you, and knowing how to make sacrifices to further your own ends when need be. Sometimes those ends are self-serving, and sometimes they are 'the greater good', but the actions are all the same. You manipulate and control people using whatever means you can, and sacrifice pieces when you need to. Otherwise, you lose.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #136 on: <06-29-13/2038:57> »
Also, Big D's sacrifice was protecting everyone - including all of dragonkind.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #137 on: <06-29-13/2321:32> »
Big D's Will triggered the Corporate War.  His actions, whatever their purpose, were far reaching, manipulative and costed many lives.  Sometimes looking at the Big Picture means sacrifcing the little guys now.  And heck, when your an immortal, you know there all going to die sooner or later, best not worry about how long they live, but how they live.
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

Boomstick

• Chummer
  • Jack of all trades
« Reply #138 on: <07-02-13/1923:21> »
There's a difference between public and private personas, Boomstick.
Even in parts that show behind the scene, he don't behave like the relentless kind that could be spearheaded by Lofwyr. I don't mean to say he is harmless and easy going (instance of the guy who crossed the dragon -a rare example-, he managed to pull it but maybe he did not live to laugh about it), proof is his will that showed he was quite a busy fellow, but that doesn't mean he would sacrifice his friends. He would involve them if feeling compelled to it, but then that would be their choice (Harlequin could be a good example). Runners, they are not the same, they are tools for everyone. And I guess he was more honest to them that most corps.
On the other hand, I don't know much of his friendship (I think his translator had been a friend), but most that I know are with guys who can handle themselves pretty well, like Harlequin and Damien Knight.

RHat: Agree with that. But I think that went far beyond the duties of Loremaster, even if he also did that for his kind and for nailing Horrors with whom he had to settle scores. I quite remember a passage of the will when he says something like he learned from humans and that their flaws give them a very good will to surpass themselves that is pretty inspiring. Plus a large display of sheer love for human culture (old songs, cars, food and so on. Not something a frigging Great would need. But hey, under the scales there was a beating heart...).
The simple fact he made a will instead of letting the things to perform in the draconic way, was as a loremaster some kind of offense, but still no one thought twice about kicking the table and claiming the title. Actually, that could have been (I think there was a few shakles, but they were stopped quickly by the most powerful of the greats). But he forced all his kind to respect a tradition and a law of mere, lowly humans.
If that is not a kick in the face, and a display of affection for us as a whole, I don't know what it is.
Indeed it was a double edged sword, it was intented to start moving things in the shadows, but he could have done so without that. He could have just put guys in charge, he knew capable ones, and let things go.
So I ll stay on my position there, unless example are made where he behave like a sneaky bastard toward someone who trusted him.
"A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally."
Oscar Wilde

Great Dragon: "Oh, look, he has a grenade belt. I guess it is time to retire quickly".
The more it changes, the more it is not the same  any more...:P

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #139 on: <07-02-13/2219:25> »
Survival of the Fittest was based on Ghostwalker getting pissed off and trying to upturn the table.

Unfortunately for him he lost twice. One to get the hoard divided how he wanted and again when Hestaby wins the Challenge.